Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

More Futurisitic Fun Than You Really Wanted, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 29, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 09:00:04 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 29, 2011, 08:59:04 PM
I would be very very happy with mine going to print, with the qualification that I feel it needs an editing, and to give me a deadline at somepoint so that I can see to it that its done.

It shouldn't be polished, actually...But if you must, I'd like to start organizing this on Friday.

I'll reconsider in that case.  If you don't get something from me by then use what I have regardless.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Hmmm...I think the spread to New York will be the closing act.

What I need now is more "man in the street" stuff from Southampton or London.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Charley, can you take Flatbush and plunk it in England?  Google Earth or even just a map of the Southampton area would be all you need.

Also, there's no reason not to use guns outside of the sewer.

Or maybe command-detonated mines, if a honey trap is what you're after.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

BabylonHoruv

No seriously I think these Paynites are doing a good thing.  of course they have to say it's subterranean monsters, they can't go around admitting they're taking junkies and wasters down in the sewers and killing them, but honestly, if you could do it and get away with it, wouldn't you?  I'm glad the government's not stopping them, I'm even glad they've got people looking like screwballs and coming out saying they saw Nessies.  It makes good television, and you need something watch when the football's not no don't you?

I haven't had a beggar come up to me asking for change in a week and I say we need to just let them do their job.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 09:42:24 PM
Charley, can you take Flatbush and plunk it in England?  Google Earth or even just a map of the Southampton area would be all you need.

Also, there's no reason not to use guns outside of the sewer.

Or maybe command-detonated mines, if a honey trap is what you're after.

Sure, no problem. Give me a few to rework this in my head. Anyone else playing, ideas are welcome.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on March 29, 2011, 09:44:06 PM
No seriously I think these Paynites are doing a good thing.  of course they have to say it's subterranean monsters, they can't go around admitting they're taking junkies and wasters down in the sewers and killing them, but honestly, if you could do it and get away with it, wouldn't you?  I'm glad the government's not stopping them, I'm even glad they've got people looking like screwballs and coming out saying they saw Nessies.  It makes good television, and you need something watch when the football's not no don't you?

I haven't had a beggar come up to me asking for change in a week and I say we need to just let them do their job.

:mittens:

The Good Reverend Roger

Where I'm going with this is, at least at first, it should be something that's not even on the government's radar, at least officially (where's Payne getting all that gear, right?).

Small town horror, so to speak.  An anomaly. 

That's why I haven't described the Nessies.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 09:46:46 PM
That's why I haven't described the Nessies.

For something that's not been described, I'm seeing them pretty bloody vividly.

Tonight's insomnia, brought to you by TGRR and his band of bloody pirates.   :wink:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Adios

Eater of Clowns

**Recording.  Tunnel 9 Operations Center.  6/13/11 0317**

"Should have seen the guy.  He was elated.  Didn't have the heart to tell him the rumors."

"He wouldn't have believed them anyway.  You know those goddamn servoheads are too jacked up on adrenaline and Paynejuice to think anymore."

"Payne juice?  That drug's a wonder and applicable to way more than just the Paynites.  None of those poor fools would last a mission if it wasn't for it."

"And another thing, off that Paynite shit, all credit goes to the servoheads.  Yeah, they have a tough job.  No, I do not envy them, but at least they're on the juice.  We're in this hive straight.  They get, what, two encounters a mission?  A half dozen?  We're running dozens a day.  No replacement for the real thing or anything, but those vids are a little too vivid, and some joker rigged up Operations to have stadium sound so we can hear every little scream and, well, whatever the fuck you call that gurggling shrieking shit the Nessies make."

"What have you got against Paynites?  Maybe if you took some of the 'juice' off duty you wouldn't come in with your nerves all shot!  Look at you!  You can't hold a coffee cup without spilling it, I'm going to have to start plastic wrapping the instruments!"

"I let my tension out by jerking off onto your chair when you take bathroom breaks."

"That's disgusting."

"Anyway, do you think it's true?  About the retirements?"

"Absolutely not."

"Yeah, you're probably right.  After all, considering the keep us locked underground during off hours and the non disclosure agreements and all.  You're probably right.  They just let servoheads that have fought fucking monsters just walk out the front door, go tell Auntie Erin."

"And the alternative is what?"

"We're all in this for life.  Us.  Servoheads.  Command, probably."

"You think the whole thing will last that long?"

"Nope." ... "You know, you look like you could use an extra cuppa Payne juice tonight.  Tell you what, suck it down and then try to picture what our own retirement's going to look like."

**End Recording**
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Nessies?  Sure mate, pull the other one.  I'm amazed at how normally intelligent people fall for this kind of stuff.  I ask you: What's more believable, some sort of wee beastie caperin' through the Tubes, or an ineffectual government who are letting their own citizens die in the street?  'Austerity Measures', my arse.  If you ask me, people are just falling for a safer answer.  They'd rather some inhuman thing feeding off the underbelly of London than face up to the truth-- that the thing that's killing them without a second thought is all too human.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 29, 2011, 09:55:53 PM
Okay Roger, see what you think.

"State" to "City"

Archer teams should go.

Capitalize "Royal".

Other than that, it's gold.

The Good Reverend Roger

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 10:10:29 PM

"State" to "City"

Archer teams should go.

Capitalize "Royal".

Done.

It was hard to hold back and not add logistics like tanks and things, and of course in the event of failure The Final Solution.  :D

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 29, 2011, 10:15:59 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 10:10:29 PM

"State" to "City"

Archer teams should go.

Capitalize "Royal".

Done.

It was hard to hold back and not add logistics like tanks and things, and of course in the event of failure The Final Solution.  :D

Remember, at this point, it's a monastic order saving the world, not the British government.