News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

More Futurisitic Fun Than You Really Wanted, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 29, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Met Payne when I got recruited.  He came around, like any good boss should, to see the newbies.  Run down the mission statement, get them all shined up and enthusiastic before they get to the training, and the shit work.  Maybe impress us with how much of a badass he was.  No warrior himself, he made clear, just a guy with some ideas, willing to hear out other's ideas, and try to get a few things happening. 

"Jes call meh Payne." was what he said when we tried to ape the Chaplains or Reverends and call him "Your Holiness".  He was down to earth.  Chaplain Thomas explained later that only those who have taken the oaths as warrior – priests are required to address him that way.  He puts up with it, barely, and explicitly, (with vulgarity when needed) tells noviates, monastics, administrators, and techs to leave off the honorifics. 

Payne Told us about Curly too.

Hell, I'm still not certain if he was mad, making Curly up or not, but it's an idea he's got passion about.  The passion to drive this whole operation, so that's something.

Then there's Pixie.  Short, stacked, and FIERCE.  Payne's her man, but no one EVER makes the mistake of calling her "his woman".  Now she'll just as soon kick your ass as look at you. 

I remember a wounded Nessie trailed us back to the entry hall once.  She was down there smoking a joint and reading Tennyson.  The thing jumped us and nearly bit the Captain in half.  It got hosed back in a hail of sound and fury before we knew it was there.  We all turn and she's standing there with one of the point defense minguns, spliff lodged in her grim set mouth. 

"I don't care if it followed ye home.  Ye can't keep it." she said, and walked off.  Never even let us thank her.  We make certain to sanitize our 6 now, and I think that was her point. 

Some weird sort of set up we're involved with.  A Mother / Father pair of holy terrors at the helm, and prehistoric diaspora we're supposed to be protecting the public from. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

FOUND ON WWW.URBANDICTIONARY.COM

Nessie, n: Urban Legend from the UK, circa 2013.  Usually refers to "things" in the sewers that prey on the underclass.  Commonly thought to be either (a) the product of dumping raw sewage in the Thames for centuries, (b) improperly disposed medical experiments, or (c) a Government hoax used to justify the unusually high homicide rate in London.
Cf: Candyman, Bloody Mary, "Paynenite Conspiracy", TimeSlip.

Adios

"Cyrus, this Is Jennie. I was.."

"Hey kiddo, how's that story about the missing homeless in LODO coming along?"

"That's what I was calling about, we were shooting film and ....squeal..Hello? Hello, Cyrus?"

Suddenly Jennie see a roadblock ahead and armed men. She rolls to a stop and is drug out of the news van with the cameraman.

"What is this all about? I have to.."

"Shaddup lady and get in the personnel carrier."

"Captain, we've got them and the film."

"Good work, destroy the van and everything in it and take them to Compound 51. Make sure they aren't seen by anyone else. Confidence is high with Zero Tolerance. Understood?"

"Yes sir, ETA of one hour."

The Good Reverend Roger

Extract from the minutes of the July 2nd meeting of the Senior Paynite Brothers Council.  Most Secret.  Eyes only, make no copies.

Dr Peel:  "Okay, I'm thinking that if you wanted to invade a planet, you wouldn't go to all the cost of transporting an army that couldn't breathe or eat in the local environment.  You'd go to the planet, you'd engineer a fast-breeding life form that preys on the local population, and you'd hide it where nobody would look.  Maybe give it agoraphobia or maybe sensitivity to sunlight that would vanish when population pressure got heavy enough.  Then you'd wait for the local infrastructure to break down, then release more.  When the civilization caves in, you move in and take the resources."

Dr Hammerschmidt:  "Interesting, but unproven.  The DNA from the recovered specimens resembles modern birds, so I am thinking what we have here is some sort of Icthysauroid survivor species, somehow running loose."

Senior Coordinator Smith:  "Both theories are equally useful...Which is to say, not at all.  What I need from you boffins is a poison that will work on these bastards.  Dr Hammerschmidt, would cyanide work on a dinosaur?"

Dr Hammerschmidt:  "Of course."

SC Smith:  "Then they aren't bloody dinos.  Keep at it.  Next item, please."

Propaganda Coordinator Black:  "We've got to either get the Met on board, or find a way to otherwise deal with them.  They've tried 4 bloody times to get into the monastery, soon they'll come armed with a warrant, then it's Katie bar the fucking door."

SC Smith:  "Let's refer that to Payne himself.  He has a knack for having things all his own way."

End extract
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 29, 2011, 08:17:58 PM
FOUND ON WWW.URBANDICTIONARY.COM

Nessie, n: Urban Legend from the UK, circa 2013.  Usually refers to "things" in the sewers that prey on the underclass.  Commonly thought to be either (a) the product of dumping raw sewage in the Thames for centuries, (b) improperly disposed medical experiments, or (c) a Government hoax used to justify the unusually high homicide rate in London.
Cf: Candyman, Bloody Mary, "Paynenite Conspiracy", TimeSlip.

:lulz::mittens::lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

"Dammit, you're a fucking evolutionary biologist, you cunt!  How the hell did they get in there?"

"Admiral, you have to understand.  This behavior you say they're displaying... They may be sentient."

+++++

Bravo Five to base, we have movement in the Western quadrant.  Perimeter has been breached.

+++++

"Hello, Mayfield residence."

"Virginia?"

"Yes, dear?"

"After all the horrible things I've had to do in the name of this country, it was your love that pulled me out of the darkness.  You know that, right?"

"Harry... What's going on?  I can hardly hear you.  You're being drowned out by some... noise.  Where are you?"

"Tell Sheila that Daddy's sorry, but he had to--"

+++++

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OBJECTION TO THIS GOING TO PRINT?

I'm going to try to get Pent involved in some illustrations for this stuff, and throw it together on Nook or Kindle.

Any and all profits will go to board upkeep, should they exist, and all authors will be credited on the contents page.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 08:42:53 PM
DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OBJECTION TO THIS GOING TO PRINT?

I'm going to try to get Pent involved in some illustrations for this stuff, and throw it together on Nook or Kindle.

Any and all profits will go to board upkeep, should they exist, and all authors will be credited on the contents page.

No.

LMNO

Luna

If my dribble is good enough to make the cut, I'd be proud. 

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 29, 2011, 08:43:39 PM
kopyleft with atribution.

Attribution is going to be universal, I just need to know what names to use.

BRB.  Operations is complaining about some weird noise in the plant/sewer discharge.

LMNO

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 08:45:41 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 29, 2011, 08:43:39 PM
kopyleft with atribution.

Attribution is going to be universal, I just need to know what names to use.

BRB.  Operations is complaining about some weird noise in the plant/sewer discharge.

:spittake: