News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

More Futurisitic Fun Than You Really Wanted, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 29, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 10:19:44 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on March 29, 2011, 10:15:59 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 10:10:29 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on March 29, 2011, 09:55:53 PM
Okay Roger, see what you think.

"State" to "City"

Archer teams should go.

Capitalize "Royal".

Other than that, it's gold.

Done.

It was hard to hold back and not add logistics like tanks and things, and of course in the event of failure The Final Solution.  :D

Remember, at this point, it's a monastic order saving the world, not the British government.

You're right, I forgot that part.

Adios

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 29, 2011, 10:32:03 PM
You guys aren't done are you?

:mittens: to everybody.

Nope.  I have two more in me, minimum.  They just have to slosh around in my head a bit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

The "Nessies"?  Urban legend fuel, all of it.

It's a sick kind of wishful thinking, you know?  Like that zombie craze a few years back.  We don't want to face the dark side of human anture, so we give it a cannibalistic montrous face.  Something plausible, unrelenting, and unquestionably in need of extermination.  Hell, if there WAS a threat like that we'd hear more about it!  Everyone would be in on getting rid of it, instant recruits for any branch of the military you can point at it!

The Paynenites, don't know how they figure in.  Must be a metaphor of theirs, like the symbols the Masons use.  Only makes sense once you're in and told what it's about.  Must be an old Scottish myth.  

The truth?  It's ugly, and human.  Gang violence, or the homeless eating each other.  Simple.  So simple, so basic, and so common it must be right.  Hell, it's always been happening and we're probably just noticing now.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Adios

I was part of a small group of seven people were gathered around a storm drain. The sounds coming from it were the grunts, curses and screams of men...and another scream, or maybe it was a roar that couldn't be identified.

Slowly the noises were reduced in volume, only to come back louder. We  looked at one another with looks of confusion and fear on our faces. Now the sounds were louder than ever, like whatever it was, was getting closer.

I decided to leave at this point.

The group was noticeably more nervous now and were starting to back away from the storm drain. Suddenly there was a long quiet, followed by a victorious bellow from some inhuman source.

As the group was starting to leave two vans squealed to a stop and the seven people were dragged into the vans by masked men and then they sped off.

I was roughly two blocks away when this happened, and of course I hurried to get out of sight. No one believed me though. Maybe I did imagine it all. The medication is helping me sleep at night, and the memory now seems like I read it in a story somewhere. My doctor tells me I am progressing very well.

Begin recording

TEAM ECHO REPORT.

TEAM ECHO REPORT.

"How many men Corporal?"

"Twenty, Sir.  Sir, do you think any made it out?"

"No, I don't. There were too many of them for twenty men, how are the damn things figuring out where we are down there?"

"Sir?"

"Nothing Corporal, just thinking out loud. Let me know if there is any contact from them."

End recording.

Eater of Clowns

**Recording.  Tunnel 9 Operations.  6/14/13  0058**

"Been thinking about what you said."

"Don't worry, I don't actually jerk off onto your chair."

"That's not what I mean."

"I know, and I don't actually mean that."

"So if you're so vocal about 'those Paynites' how are you here?  This is a strictly faith undertaking."

"Good choice of words, undertaking.  Like the old bastards disappearing into sewers.  Like that we dug our own graves joining up.
Paynites are small.  They're more intent on their beliefs than those Nessies are about gobblin' your grandmum, but they're small.  Rich as hell, somehow, and don't ask me how.  So here I am, independent contractor so to speak.  Let me tell you, this hellish little nub we live in sounded like paradise on paper."

"Look, I've met Payne.  I've even met Pixie.  Those two are not about to deceive anybody.  They aren't about to retire any of us like you're thinking, they're good people."

"Nobody fights like a believer."

"Have you even ever heard about Curly?"

"The short ones that get all sticky when I'm done with your mum?"

"Fuck it, fine, you've made yourself perfectly clear."

"Oh come off it, tell me something.  Where do you think the Nessies came from?"

"They started off as the ones who didn't believe, kept themselves in the dark on purpose, hid from the Truth."

"And then poof! after inhaling in some Southampton wanker's stench they turn into shrieking demon monsters?"

"It happened over time, see, and with, uh..."

"When did you first hear about them?"

"Services, like anybody else."

"Not me."

"Well then when did you first hear about them?"

"Worldly man such as myself, on more than one occassion I've found a late night stroll to be precisely the right thing to keep my wits about.  You ought to try it, and given the circumstance of our location, I do suggest Tunnel 13 for you.  Thing is, everyone knows about it topside.  Anyone with eyes.  So I keep well away from grates and such and I walk, late at night.
Took a few months of this to catch one.  Don't look at me like that, I don't mean catch it, catch it.  See it.  Well, smell it first more like, and hear it even though they're deadly quiet when they aren't attacking.  Smart fuckers, see, not the dumb beasts like the servoheads we're sending after them.  They go after the slow and weak because they know, they fucking know I'm telling you, that if they're found out for real it's a tougher fight ahead.  So I hid.
Got a few less than friendly inquiries from the local constable catching me in the wee hours hiding in a bush, but a known community presence such as myself gets certain allowances.  One night this drunk went shambling and I knew he was going to get it."

"Wait, you knew?"

"Yeah.  Can't explain it.  Couldn't hear the thing, couldn't even smell it yet.  Felt it, though, like a presence, like a knowledge I didn't have before."

"You're telling me you can read their thoughts?"

"Don't be ridiculous.  It was more like, well, like fear was a part of it that came before itself, before sound or scent.  Hard to explain."

"So what happened to the drunk?"

"You've seen the vids same as me, what happens to the servoheads when they get attacked?  Yeah, like that, but without the metal underpants.  No trace of the poor sod when it was over.  Stopped going for walks after that.  Signed my contract here the next morning, actually."

"I don't believe you."

"Fuck's sake I think your last dose is wearing off.  It almost sounds like you have a few brain cells to rub together."

**End Recording**
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 29, 2011, 11:04:38 PM
This is amazing.

EoC is on the fucking ball.

Jesus, you can see the sparks flying...  This is fucking awesome.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Adios

Payne

Fucking hell!

:lulz:

Awesome, I need to get in on this for sure.

I'll shit something out quick now, and if it's below standard, it'll give me cause to come back and do something good.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on March 29, 2011, 11:24:17 PM
Fucking hell!

:lulz:

Awesome, I need to get in on this for sure.

I'll shit something out quick now, and if it's below standard, it'll give me cause to come back and do something good.

You weren't looking so I accidentally science fictioned on you.   :)

Cainad (dec.)

Adios

Underneath No. 8 Southampton is a vault from the 1400's. The unassuming red brick building above it is excellent cover for the Inner Sanctum of the Paynenites. This is the control center where Payne and Pixie reside.

Of course the exterior walls have been reinforced to prevent any sort of underground infiltration by the nessies.

All data from the field are sent to huge computer screens instantly and analyzed. Here is the brain of the resistance.

All of the recordings and video are heard and seen here, even the most horrid ones.

Payne and Pixie have taken to wearing black constantly now, from sorrow at the loss of life. They rarely smile nowadays except to bolster the people around them.

Here too, is where the infamous Payne-Juice is made. Payne and Pixie, however, never partake of it as they require clear heads in order to make decisions on who lives and dies each day. The Scotch is another matter though. They need something come evening to help what little sleep they can get.

When people speak it is in hushed voices that never rise above the soft hum of the equipment. The screams of dying men and women are a different story altogether though. When those come across the speakers they are loud and clear.

This was once a happy place where children played and laughed. Never again.

Payne

Patient Name: John Doe
Date of Admitance: 29/03/2012
Admitting Psychiatrist: Dr. Patience L. Dunmore
Attending Psychiatrist: Dr. Rufus Fears
Symptoms on Admitance: Delusion, Psychosis, Violence (unmeditated, unprovoked - narcotics?)
Reason for Admitance: Sectioned on request of HM Constabulary
Contraband and Personal Effects retained: Large Hammer, Binoculars (one pair), Cigarettes (4 1/2) and Lighter, Military Style Boots, Military Style Clothing, Helmet, Book of Prayer (unknown origin, hand written), Empty Glass Vials of Unknown Use (three).

Preliminary notes:

Mr. Doe was found walking repetitively back and forth over Itchen Bridge. According to Police report, he had used the Samaritans phones installed there repeatedly - telling the operators to "watch out for The Nessie" (?) and laughing 'oddly'. As per procedure, the Police attended the scene as soon as the call was placed but did not immediately locate the caller until Mr. Doe again attempted to use the Samaritan phone, whereupon he was accosted with great difficulty. Injurues to Mr. Doe are minor, despite the Police stating they had to use 'overwhelming force'. Three officers and a civilian are receiving treatment at Southampton General.

Mr. Doe repeatedly shouted at the officers that 'The Nessie' would be 'visited upon them for their sin of ignorance'. Before he was finally apprehended he attempted to throw the above mentioned Book of Prayer (?) to a nearby civilian witness which was retrieved by officers on the scene

Police held Mr. Doe in cell for processing, and on hearing first low mumbling (described by officer on scene as "Some kind of Mohammadist bullshit") and then screams of others in cell, found Mr. Doe strangling two cell mates simultaneously as he chanted unknown prayer or mantra.

Immediately referred to Secure Psychiatric Ward for diagnosis treatment.

Psychiatrist Notes, Diagnosis, Recomendations:

I believe Mr. Doe is suffering from some form of narcotics withdrawl, although I cannot rule out him not taking a course of anti-psychosis drugs or other stabilising prescriptive measures. Mr. Doe appears to be full conscious of his surroundings and his interactions with people, yet appears to have a somewhat slanted, jaded and condescending view of them.

Mr. Doe attempted to engage me in Alpha Male type behaviours, and insisted on attempting to strip naked - until he was restrained.

Not much stock can be put into the various phrases he repeated, though they were interesting from a purely clinical point of view. The unusual circumstances of his admittance suggest a fully developed psychosis from which he does not wish to escape to reality from.

I cannot fully diagnose at this time, but have prescribed a course of anti-psychotics.

I recomend that Mr. Doe be restrained from indulging in his "Religious Duties" and separated from all other patients.

East Coast Hustle

This whole fucking thread is amazing. I'm'a try to contribute.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"