News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

More Futurisitic Fun Than You Really Wanted, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 29, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 29, 2011, 09:16:20 PM
This is your nightly news.

The provisional Military Government today has declared Martial Law for Southampton. They have imposed a curfew between the hours of sunset and sunrise. Any person outside during this time will be rounded up and taken to the Royal Victoria Country Park.

General Grind explained that this is in response to the rising number of disappearing homeless people in the city. He has explained that by placing these people in one location it will be much easier to protect them and to determine the reason behind the disappearances.  

All employers have been instructed to adjust operating hours to insure there is no reason for anyone to be out during these hours.

Remember to keep at least two days of provisions in your home as no stores will be allowed to remain open after dark.

In other news....

"General, everything is in place now. We have 8 teams standing by to be activated under the Park."

"Excellent. Have them ready to attack an hour after those things start feeding. We want as many beasts in one place as possible.

Let's pass out extra munitions to the surface fire teams. Cover the entire perimeter with remote activated mines for extra containment. I want as many mini guns as possible on the river banks to prevent any escape route.

Inform the surface fire teams that civilian casualties are acceptable. All fire teams are to be issued automatic weapons."

"All set, Sir."

your google fu is strong! the country park is a spooky place with scary cemetery from WW1 & WW2 graves!

:mittens:

Adios

Quote from: Pixie on March 30, 2011, 12:00:03 AM
Quote from: Charley Brown on March 29, 2011, 09:16:20 PM
This is your nightly news.

The provisional Military Government today has declared Martial Law for Southampton. They have imposed a curfew between the hours of sunset and sunrise. Any person outside during this time will be rounded up and taken to the Royal Victoria Country Park.

General Grind explained that this is in response to the rising number of disappearing homeless people in the city. He has explained that by placing these people in one location it will be much easier to protect them and to determine the reason behind the disappearances.  

All employers have been instructed to adjust operating hours to insure there is no reason for anyone to be out during these hours.

Remember to keep at least two days of provisions in your home as no stores will be allowed to remain open after dark.

In other news....

"General, everything is in place now. We have 8 teams standing by to be activated under the Park."

"Excellent. Have them ready to attack an hour after those things start feeding. We want as many beasts in one place as possible.

Let's pass out extra munitions to the surface fire teams. Cover the entire perimeter with remote activated mines for extra containment. I want as many mini guns as possible on the river banks to prevent any escape route.

Inform the surface fire teams that civilian casualties are acceptable. All fire teams are to be issued automatic weapons."

"All set, Sir."

your google fu is strong! the country park is a spooky place with scary cemetery from WW1 & WW2 graves!

:mittens:

Why thank you Ma'am! The location made it for me.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Pixie's journal, extract.

Ive been trying my hardest to keep morale up. The Paynites are showing the strain, and i fear for all our sanity. Payne and I have a hard task ahead of us. The hardcore Paynite fighters are thinning out in our war with the Nessies, and recruiting more followers is getting harder amongst the homeless and downtrodden.

In the last run the team came back with only half its original numbers, all good men and women. So, I light a joint in their honour, its the only thing I can do not to cry, and always go around seriously strapped with weapons. They rely on us for their spirit, their fight.  Its a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Until yesterday I havent slept in 3 days, and the combination of the scotch, spliff and sleep deprivation was making me jumpy.  The Diazepam was the only thing that helped, once but i seem to have to take more and more to get anywhere near the correct dose to get me off to sleep.

I drew up tomorrows list, like i do every night, but the attacks grow more frequent and the options for troops get slimmer and slimmer.

Extract end

Adios

Once in a while on this board something magical just happens. This is one of those times.

Requia ☣

Transcript of audio/video fragment Southampton 146.  Video of this portion was unrecoverable.

Male voice 1: -hundred stories tall, and they breath fire.

Female voice 1: Thankyou.  And what about you sir, have you actually seen the nessies?

Male voice 2: Woman just how stupid are you?

Female voice 1: Excuse me?

Male voice 2: I'll tell you this about the nessies, they like their privacy.  You and that man with you keep waving that camera around and you'll see them come nightfall.

Male 3: Let's get out of here Susan, these guys are just a bunch of

Fragment ends.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 30, 2011, 12:32:10 AM
Once in a while on this board something magical just happens. This is one of those times.
yea i dont often post writings, its a rare occurrence for me and i fear i am outgunned most of the time.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Payne

I read this thread.

Now I am struck with the first case of proper full on insomnia I've had in years.

I've spent a good chunk of the last hour trying to sleep but being unable to.

Cainad (dec.)

Another recovered excerpt from the unnamed mental health professional's personal log.

Had a Class C patient nearly rip my head off the other day. Apparently the detox procedure didn't take, and he had a chemical flashback in the middle of his session. Ian, the guy in the office next door, tells me that's what I get for authorizing the removal of the pacification electrodes and only using the basic restraints. Fucker. So sue me if I've still got enough soul left to hope that I can actually help one of these poor bastards.

Anyway, we had a colloquium meeting for all the "Support Personnel" of the Paynite Order today. Of course, it was the usual opening prayer by the Head Chaplain followed by 2 hours of reports, research, and advertisements for new and improved drugs and delivery methods. I think there was maybe one guy who talked about the success of group therapy techniques for rehabilitation, but I know for a fact that guy never works with anyone worse than Class A patients. If he does his job right, those Class A's never make it to my office.

Still, I gotta say, there's some fascinating shit they can do with a combination of religious fervor and the right Payne Juice-based drug cocktail. Word is that the most recent rookie squad is being sent in with some some timed-release crap that actually causes them to forget any shit they see that's more distressing than a stubbed toe. They go in, do the dirty work, and the next day all they can remember is the thrill of adrenaline and fulfilling their Holy Duty. It's like a god damn rollercoaster to them, apparently.

At least, that's true for the ones who don't die screaming in their sleep, when the nightmares happen. The process still needs perfecting, they say.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Payne on March 30, 2011, 12:55:21 AM
I read this thread.

Now I am struck with the first case of proper full on insomnia I've had in years.

:sad:

try to sleep, hon.

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on March 30, 2011, 12:55:21 AM
I read this thread.

Huh?  Sorry.   :sad:

Eater of Clowns

**Recording.  Tunnel 9 Operations.  6/14/13  0538**

"It's been weighing on me you saying these things are smart."

"Not as much as it's weighing on the dead servoheads."

"How do you know?"

"They're dead."

"No, how do you know they're smart?"

"How they move, like we've been seeing.  How they attack.  They don't attack superior numbers, and if they do it's when they have a better position.  Just like when they steal people away above.  They do it when it's dark and they're alone.  And they're learning, looks like, and scary fast.  There's something they know about the vets, how they walk or something, maybe how they smell, but when there's a group of veterans together the Nessies come in bigger numbers.  Maybe this is just my imagination, too, but do the ones after the vets look bigger in vids?  They might be sending the stronger ones out."

"Are they smarter than us?"

"Maybe some of us.  Oh don't look so hurt.  It was a joke.  I don't know if they're smarter than us, or more organized.  There's a lot we don't know, and that's the scariest thing in a world that, apparently, now contains actual living nightmares.
Look, there are quite a few kinds of intelligent.  You're a hell of an engineer, and that takes smarts, but you think like a medieval serf.  Maybe these things operate like bugs in some kind of hive.  We don't know.  Maybe they hunt like wolf packs.  We don't know.  Is there an Alpha, is there a mother?  I mean, what the blazes are they even doing?"

"They're taking people from above."

"And?"

"Eating them."

"We know they're eating them?"

"What else would they be doing?"

"Anything, that's the point.  They could be studying us.  They could be assimilating us, turning into more of them.  They could be eating us, yes, or maybe enslaving us.  Balls, the fact that this never occurred to you is infuriating me.  Don't you have some prayer ritual to attend to, worshiping Payne's cock or something?"

"You can be a right prick at times."

"I'll take being right about something, at least.  With these Paynites and the Nessies the only thing you can do is be wrong.  We just don't know."

"Why's it keep coming back to Paynites?"

"Why their keen interest in our screeching murderous friends down here?"

"You keep saying their as if I'm not a part of it.  I follow Payne.  Very much so, actually."

"You're no Paynite any more than I'm a Royal.  Paynites are in the know, they have to be.  You, and the rest of the techies up here and all the servoheads in the sewers, you're the believers in the whipped up frenzy."

"What says that I'm not in the know?"

"You take the Payne juice when you're off duty.  That swill is impressive, it really is miraculous, but I don't think you'll be finding any of the real players in the faith sitting down for a cuppa."

"You seem awfully against them."

"You're using the word them, by the way, not us.  I like that."

"Oh don't start.  If you're so against the Paynites, why are you here?"

"Well I told you before, we all know about the Nessies up there.  Yeah some folks will talk about it being hoodlums or standard crime, but there's something going on, that much can be agreed on.  By the locals anyway.  I felt the Nessies, I saw their work on my own.  Whatever they are, they are not here to bring about some peaceful resolution to this, to this, whatever this is."

"And at least Payne and Pixie are doing something!"

"You've got that at least.  Don't know their angle, don't know if they're some fucking doomsday cult.  But they're doing something."

**End Record**
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Transcript of an interview with an anonymous Senior Squad Leader.

I hear what the new fish call me...Or even the guys who've been around a while.  They call me "The Old Man", on account of I've been running the pipes for two years solid.  The new guys think I'm going to keep them alive.  The more experienced guys know better, and try not to get assigned to my squad.

Why?  Simple.  When I go in the tunnels, Nessies die.  That's what I'm there for.  Unfortunately, that usually means that my mates die a bunch, too.  I kill Nessies like you swat mosquitos.  I have a gift for it.  A talent.  Doesn't mean you won't get killed when I do it...Things get hairy down there, and I'm a little too busy to help you.

And I don't use the juice.  The juice holds reality away, and down there, baby...I AM reality.

I'd been around the block before Payne found me, and you know I gotta say...This is just another job.  Like Iraq and Afghanistan.  Like Beirut and Grenada.  Like Saigon and Seoul, like Anzio and Normandy, like Ypres and the Crimea.  Like a dozen, a hundred, a thousand other places.  I do what I do, and what the hell do you know, I'm back to spears and swords...Though I'm gonna tell ya, I liked 'em better when they were bronze.

What the hell are you staring at?

I gotta go suit up.  Later.

Transcript ends.