News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

More Futurisitic Fun Than You Really Wanted, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 29, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Quote from: Richter on March 30, 2011, 06:52:43 PM
Some guys don't take it.  That's fine.  The ones that make it work do just fine on the juice their own brains and glands make.  There's no pressure, no expectation.  You don't want the drugs, just tell Payne before you go out.  As he's handing out the doses, he'll just pass you a saltine or something.  Makes some joke about how it will be transubs....  Trasnsabstanshee....

Got my bit nailed now, all I gotta do is, yanno, write it.

Jenne

:mittens:  I will get back to this thread soon--gotta run atm.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 30, 2011, 09:35:08 PM
I think my muse left. I got nothing.

Try again tomorrow.

I'm pulling together the FIRST "collection" tomorrow.  I expect to get a lot more than that, so there's no hurry...And nothing says this has to be presented in any kind of order.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: Charley Brown on March 30, 2011, 09:35:08 PM
I think my muse left. I got nothing.

Don't try to force it.

Grab a pencil and paper and just doodle for awhile, don't try to write, just draw.  Tap the muse on the shoulder.  Draw the armor, a Nessie, see if something sparks.  If not, let it be for awhile.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Adios

The damn things really are getting smarter. We started putting 6 man teams together as, well, kind of bait. The nessies were catching onto the bigger teams and wold either run or gang up on them and wipe them out. Somebody, maybe Payne came up with the idea for a smaller team to cover the larger ones.

Now by cover I mean we go in and make noisy, noisy enough to cover the sound of the larger trailing team. We had some of the new weapons too, the high velocity compressed gas guns. Those damn things were nice, just a couple of shots and down they went.

The lab loves the new weapons because they are getting bigger and better test pieces. I dunno if they have come up with anything or not, us grunts are always the last to hear about that stuff.

We still have the old refurb suits though. The main teams call us Sues. Kinda short for suicide teams.

We were stomping through Tunnel 11 one day making as much noise as we could. We could smell the damn things so we knew we were getting close. Nobody on a Sue team ever passed on the juice either, so we were all amped up and ready.

Captain <redacted> suddenly started, well, smoking. Not a butt, but like he was on fire. I grabbed him and threw him down so we could strip his suit, but just then they showed up. There were 3 of the bastards. I had to stop working on Cap and start fighting.

We had one down and another in bad shape when the main team showed up. They finished them off pretty quick, but Cap was nothing but ash by then, Some kind of short they said. The smell of him was far worse than any nessie ever was.

Suddenly we heard singing and had to evac before they could get behind us and cut us off. We had to leave Cap laying there. Most of us made it out because we were using running cover fire while we backed out.

Well, that's a pretty normal day for a Sue squad. Nobody bothered to get to know us, what was the point? We never lasted long enough to make friends.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Adios

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

This is awesome. I'm trying to keep tabs, but you guys are churning it out too quickly.

Net,
needs more interbutt time.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

East Coast Hustle

She woke up in the dark, with no memory of who she was or how she had gotten there. There was a hard chill in the fetid dampness, but it merely registered in her central nervous system as a condition of her new environment. She certainly didn't feel it.

Truth be told, she didn't seem to feel anything.

The darkness was cloying, so thick it was almost physical, but that didn't bother her any more than the cold. Her eyes might be useless now, but that didn't mean she couldn't see. Sounds, smells, vibrations...all colliding in her head, swirling together, painting a more vivid and accurate picture than any sense of sight ever could. She had awoken in a dead-end tunnel hewn from ancient rock. The floor was mostly dry here, but the walls were slick with water and covered with patches of a fungus no human had ever laid eyes on. At the far end, there was a crack in the rock, and through the crack another tunnel ran perpendicular to the one she was in. This tunnel was made of a different, smoother material. The walls were perfectly round, and in the middle of the broad, flat floor ran a channel with some liquid coursing through it.

Having no other apparent options, she began to move towards the strange smooth tunnel. Slowly at first, as she adjusted to the unusual gait necessitated by her current number of appendages, then faster and more confidently until she hit the junction with a speed bordering on urgency. One immediately apparent advantage of this strangely-designed body was that her current limb configuration made it possible to pivot around a 90 degree turn without slowing down or losing traction. And there was real urgency in her movement now, as the first and most basic instinct common to all life began to dawn on her. The liquid in the floor of the tunnel had to be moving in a downward direction, and what she needed was above her current position, so she followed the liquid upstream. Eventually, she came to a larger tunnel and followed that for a while until she heard a particular sound being carried by the tunnels. There was something else in the tunnel, 2 turns ahead of where she was now. A few more yards brought a scent. Something alive. Warm-blooded, even. Something that would satiate this new, overriding imperative that had taken her over. She was ravenously hungry.

It had never even occurred to her that there might be others. Food had been too large a focus to allow for any further inquisitiveness about her situation, let alone borderline-philosophical thoughts about the nature of her very existence...so it came as a complete surprise to her that when she opened her gaping maw to sing in her new language about the joys of a meal found, the darkness came alive with an answering choir.

She had found her pack, and tonight they would feed together.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Oh, and anything I post in this thread only is usable "by permission" with attribution to my real name.

(edited for accurate rights status)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 31, 2011, 12:41:56 AM
Oh, and anything I post in this thread only is Kopyleft with attribution to my real name.

Okay, but I'm using it "by permission", which means the original authors keep all rights with the exception of the rights to my publication itself which, as I have said, will wind up with 100% of any profits going directly to PD upkeep, no matter what happens.

Unless it blows the fuck up, in which case I'll distribute funds in a fair and equitable manner that 169% guarantees lawsuits and screaming and blood on the walls.

:lulz:

(Just kidding.  It all goes to PD.  If they make a movie about it, we'll just buy Ireland to use as a server room.)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 31, 2011, 12:15:39 AM
She woke up in the dark, with no memory of who she was or how she had gotten there. There was a hard chill in the fetid dampness, but it merely registered in her central nervous system as a condition of her new environment. She certainly didn't feel it.

The darkness was cloying, so thick it was almost physical, but that didn't bother her any more than the cold. Her eyes might be useless now, but that didn't mean she couldn't see. Sounds, smells, vibrations...all colliding in her head, swirling together, painting a more vivid and accurate picture than any sense of sight ever could. She had awoken in a dead-end tunnel hewn from ancient rock. The floor was mostly dry here, but the walls were slick with water and covered with patches of a fungus no human had ever laid eyes on. At the far end, there was a crack in the rock, and through the crack another tunnel ran perpendicular to the one she was in. This tunnel was made of a different, smoother material. The walls were perfectly round, and in the middle of the broad, flat floor ran a channel with some liquid coursing through it.

Having no other apparent options, she began to move towards the strange smooth tunnel. Slowly at first, as she adjusted to the unusual gait necessitated by her current number of appendages, then faster and more confidently until she hit the junction with a speed bordering on urgency. One immediately apparent advantage of this strangely-designed body was that her current limb configuration made it possible to pivot around a 90 degree turn without slowing down or losing traction. And there was real urgency in her movement now, as the first and most basic instinct common to all life began to dawn on her. The liquid in the floor of the tunnel had to be moving in a downward direction, and what she needed was above her current position, so she followed the liquid upstream. Eventually, she came to a larger tunnel and followed that for a while until she heard a particular sound being carried by the tunnels. There was something else in the tunnel, 2 turns ahead of where she was now. A few more yards brought a scent. Something alive. Warm-blooded, even. Something that would satiate this new, overriding imperative that had taken her over. She was ravenously hungry.

It had never even occurred to her that there might be others. Food had been too large a focus to allow for any further inquisitiveness about her situation, let alone borderline-philosophical thoughts about the nature of her very existence...so it came as a complete surprise to her that when she opened her gaping maw to sing in her new language about the joys of a meal found, the darkness came alive with an answering choir.

Whoa, fuck!  :lol:

The Wizard

QuoteShe woke up in the dark, with no memory of who she was or how she had gotten there. There was a hard chill in the fetid dampness, but it merely registered in her central nervous system as a condition of her new environment. She certainly didn't feel it.

So, that's what the Nessies are doing with the folks they capture. Interesting...plot thickening and all that.
Insanity we trust.