News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

More Futurisitic Fun Than You Really Wanted, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 29, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

That is fucking fantastic, P3nT. Holy shit. Holy shit. Good god damn.

Damn, Khara, yous a sexy bitch!

Please don't kill me.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Adios

Luna

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 10, 2011, 07:08:20 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2011, 07:01:18 PM
Jesus, Payne, I think I just wet myself...

Finally. Pent made a woman wet!  :evil:

What can I say, I love the creative types.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 10, 2011, 07:21:00 PM
How awesome is this thread? CRAZY AWESOME.

I love the piece with me in it!  Are you sure I'm dead  :wink:  :lulz:

Quote from: Khara on May 10, 2011, 07:23:37 PM

No, actually. For all I know, the Nessies carried you off and made you their Queen. I'll think on it.

Eater of Clowns

"How do you like it here," the chaplain asked a former Hessian.  He was ambulatory again, a speedy enough recovery.  Jokingly he'd been calling himself Chesster.  The chaplain started calling him by his proper name after his injury.

"It's loud," Chas replied, "the helmet was so much quieter.  Or, I guess it just blocked the sound better.  Like when you're sitting around the flat and the refrigerator motor shuts off, you only notice how loud it was once its drone is gone.  Anyway it seems like a busy job."

"It is.  Operators keep this all running," The Hessian said simply.

He and the chaplain stood behind Chas' chair, all intent on the screen before them.  On it, five figures moved in a very familiar pattern.  Miller was quick in selecting his recruits, and quicker to show them the rudimentary skills.  Each of the five were armored identically now.

"Get in Miller's helmet," The Hessian said, "Tell him to get their movements less synchronized.  They don't need to be indistinguishable from each other, they need to be indistinguishable from the Templars."

Chas did this while the chaplain asked of the leader, "Are you asking too much?  This is their first foray and it isn't even a combat run."

"If I think they're conspicuous, Nessie will think they're conspicuous.  If Nessie thinks they're Hessians, they'll treat them as such.  I'd rather surprise the monsters than the other way around like..." he did not finish.

Like last time, all three men thought at once.  Like when their bloodied man fell and when Chas' remarkable instinct barely saved him from the same fate.  Like when they realized that their thinking man's outfit was only as good as its ability to stay a tremulous step ahead of the nightmares in the sewer.

"I'm curious, Hessian," the chaplain annunciated the title strangely, with a barest hint of an A in the beginning and pause before the end.  "You're referring to your outfit as 'them' instead of 'us' presently.  Does it have anything to do with our present environment?"

A glare shot its way to him.  After a moment, it was accompanied by, "When I'm with them, and note chaplain I'm saying 'when,' I'll refer to such an instance properly.  They will need to know how to function, though, should anything happen to me."

"Which is why you're training one more than our agreement allotted?"

"Our agreement allowed for a team of five.  As you can see, on that screen right there, a team of five is currently at work."

"What will become of the extra man when you're among them?"

"I imagine he'll be with the Templars.  I think you'll agree this lengthy period of inactivity is rather bad for us all.  If we keep reserves we'll be able to avoid it happening again.  So right now we train one reserve, and when he's finished we train another.  We train as many as are able to be trained in our way, actually, and we run more missions by rotating team members out to rest.  Chaplain."

"Did you intend to request the authorization to do this?"

"You'd prefer we not create more effective soldiers for you?"

"I'd prefer we didn't have a multitude of armed men whose loyalties are primarily to you and not to Payne, ready to answer whenever you see fit."

"You worry too much.  All I want is to kill Nessie, and the simple fact is that some people work better when they don't think thrusting a spear is some kind of religious ri – "

"Hessians have contact," Chas interrupted, "looks like, yes, it's one."

Its speed was, as always, disorienting.  Immediately it became clear which of the five were accustomed to Nessie without the emotional numbing of the Payne juice.  They froze.

"It's going to bowl past the veterans," Chas predicted.

"And with the others standing their shitting themselves it'll make quick work of them as well," The Hessian realized.

They watched as the creature flew straight down the sewer tunnel.  It would be upon the group in seconds now.  Miller's shouting at the recruits seemed to have little effect at first, the fear deafening them in the most important moment.  Then one figure in the rear regained its senses and adjusted itself to a fighting stance, ready at least for the inevitable.

The Nessie came upon an intersection right before the Hessians.  Without a pause, it bounded down the right tunnel, ignoring them completely.

"It'll be back," they could hear Miller say to his men.  "This time, do not stop to think.  When it's ready for the Burst it won't be wearing a sign and it won't be –"

A series of shouts stopped him.  Operations was flooded with the noise of men crying out and the softer, muffled sound of a Nessie's shriek.  The three observers stared with horror as Miller turned to see the commotion, putting his back to the intersection.  Even with his experience, he was too slow.  He faced a monster tensed to strike, and he without his weapon raised.

The whipcord limbs fell upon Miller.  And he stood.  As he watched the thing collapse, its strike now the limp falling of a lifeless monster, blood washed over a recruit in the rear.

In Operations they sighed as one.  Miller's voice came to them, congratulating and thanking the new Hessian, the one who'd been quickest to recover from the fear.  "We're moving back," it said, "I believe that'll be enough for today."

The Hessian nodded, still looking at the screen.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Adios

A/V recording found in the rubble of substation 5

"How the hell did you get in here and who the hell are?"

He was a pretty sorry sight at first glance. There was a lot of gray in his long unkempt hair and beard. His clothes were rags, it was a wonder they didn't fall off. His stance was a slight crouch on the balls of his feet, a fighting stance. His weapons were all modern and spotless though.

"You're all fools. You think you are setting them up with those silly tactics. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA They are playing you, every one of you. You clowns act like they're animals. We know better, but you won't listen. No you won't."

"How the hell did you get in here?"

"Through the wall, we came through the wall, there. Hehehehehehehehe. You think you are safe in here, don't you? YOU AREN'T SAFE ANYWHERE!!! Ahahahahahahahahaha. We will watch them eat you for your foolishness."

"What are talking about, old man?"

"Old man? You may be right, we might be old, but we know things, yes we do. Hehehehehehehehe."

"What are you talking about?"

"You think they are just animals, fools. They aren't. They are smart, too smart for the likes of you. They will eat you, yes they will."

"If not animals then what the hell are they?"

"Smart, they are very smart. They sit and talk about you, you know. We hear them, we hear what they say. They are going to eat you. They know what you are planning, they do! Hehehehehehehehe. They will have full bellies tonight for sure!"

"Get this crazy fucker out of here, now."

"Hehehehehehe, maybe crazy at that, just may be. But we won't be eaten tonight, like you will. We were once just like you, now we know things, things you will never learn. They will lead you into their little trap. Hahahahahahahaha. Then they will eat you, all 100 of you. They know your plans."

"What is your name?"

"Name? ah, well they call me Nightshade. I had a man name once, let me see.....Tom, my name was Tom."

The room went dead quiet as the men all looked at one another at the mention of that name.

"Tom..where the hell did he go? Somebody find him, I have questions to ask."

"No sign of him anywhere, Sir."

"Shit, get OP's on the line now, this is over my head."

*GrumpButt*

Wow great stuff everyone!

Soo enjoying this thread :D
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

EoC!! Charley!! MORE!

The bombshells, they keep coming.

Adios

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 10, 2011, 07:25:23 PM

No, actually. For all I know, the Nessies carried you off and made you their Queen. I'll think on it.

If you want to link Khara up with Tom you can have the character.

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 11, 2011, 07:14:07 PM

That would be awesome. Any thoughts on how that would go? If Khara doesn't mind, you could write her into your arc. :)

I've got one more story that goes with the last one, halfway stuck in my head. After that I'm not sure what happens next.

Adios

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 11, 2011, 07:47:38 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on May 11, 2011, 07:14:07 PM

That would be awesome. Any thoughts on how that would go? If Khara doesn't mind, you could write her into your arc. :)

I've got one more story that goes with the last one, halfway stuck in my head. After that I'm not sure what happens next.

I suppose I could put some thought into how it would go. Right now I'm liking your writing better than mine, you take the arc.

That's funny. I like yours more than mine. :P But okay. If you have any thoughts, shoot me a PM. And don't be surprised if you don't see anything for a few days. Work is problematic with the getting off of one job at 11pm and having to be at the other at 6am.