"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

More Futurisitic Fun Than You Really Wanted, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 29, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Luna

This was it, though mention leaked here and there.

Seeing this title again with new posts gave me a happy.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

Ok, I got roughly 76,000 words, after taking out the multiple pages of mittens an OMG. 

And I also found this: http://www.blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Nessies

I have a word document that starts a new page for each post, and it's roughly 250 pages long (standard A4 format).

I don't have p3nt's illustrations.

I don't know what I'm going to be doing with this, but I might do something.  If anyone wants a copy of what I have to run with themselves in the meantime, you can download it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8HUZ1DTb5O_eUNKX2dPR3F4dFU

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 24, 2012, 07:14:38 PM
Ok, I got roughly 76,000 words, after taking out the multiple pages of mittens an OMG. 

I have a word document that starts a new page for each post, and it's roughly 250 pages long (standard A4 format).

I don't know what I'm going to be doing with this, but I might do something.  If anyone wants a copy of what I have to run with themselves in the meantime, you can download it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8HUZ1DTb5O_eUNKX2dPR3F4dFU

HELL YES.  Run with that shit. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

I've been ruminating on how this could all be presented.

When I wrote my first few conversations, I always pictured each one as a bookend to another part of the larger story.  Like the one about the Old Man being one of the Four Horsemen sandwiching the original mention of the Old Man.  Of course, then I just sort've started running away with those two characters as all of our vignettes became more narrative in style.

Then I was wondering if all of the vignettes could serve as bookends to the more narrative-style ones, but I'm not sure that there's enough of the narrative to support them.

Is it just better in raw form, as we watched it unfold ourselves in this thread?  Presented as small snippets of different media leaking out to the wider world, giving us small bits of the story was clearly very effective for the readers here.

And what about editing?  I know my own pieces could definitely use a touch up, especially the early ones before I knew where I was going with them.  So many of the authors aren't active and I'd hate fuck with their work without approval, if they're even still interested in it anymore.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 24, 2012, 08:51:52 PM

When I wrote my first few conversations, I always pictured each one as a bookend to another part of the larger story.  Like the one about the Old Man being one of the Four Horsemen sandwiching the original mention of the Old Man.  Of course, then I just sort've started running away with those two characters as all of our vignettes became more narrative in style.

Then I was wondering if all of the vignettes could serve as bookends to the more narrative-style ones, but I'm not sure that there's enough of the narrative to support them.

Is it just better in raw form, as we watched it unfold ourselves in this thread?  Presented as small snippets of different media leaking out to the wider world, giving us small bits of the story was clearly very effective for the readers here.

And what about editing?  I know my own pieces could definitely use a touch up, especially the early ones before I knew where I was going with them.  So many of the authors aren't active and I'd hate fuck with their work without approval, if they're even still interested in it anymore.

I think the only people that would have a problem with non-profit use of the work would be Khara and Charley.

LMNO

I'm gonna quietly go through the posts, editing for grammar, syntax, and coherency.  After that, I'll probably use the wiki to arrange various arcs, flashbacks, flashforwards, and tie-ins.

I don't know how long it's gonna take, so if someone has a passion, hop to it.  I won't get in your way.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 08:53:23 PM

I think the only people that would have a problem with non-profit use of the work would be Khara and Charley.

Non-profit!  Roger this thread is my retirement plan!
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 24, 2012, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 08:53:23 PM

Non-profit!  Roger this thread is my retirement plan!

My plan involves tobacco.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Placid Dingo

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 07:17:37 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 24, 2012, 07:14:38 PM

HELL YES.  Run with that shit.

Yay! Nessies wiki being used!

I never finished it, sorry. I tried to make each page seperate from BIP by sticking to tha pattern of Pagename(Nessies)
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

Yeah, yeah.  I gotta get this stuff laid out for printing.  I'm a slacker.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 26, 2014, 02:03:50 PM
Yeah, yeah.  I gotta get this stuff laid out for printing.  I'm a slacker.
I wasn't bitching ;) I just like this.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"