News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Florida Legislator for Sale: Cheap!

Started by Iason Ouabache, March 30, 2011, 08:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

I lied about the cheap part...

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/lets-say-it-again-floridas-legislators-are-for-sale/1160221

QuoteThere is no state, no nation, no planet, and no universe where it should be legal to pay off a Legislature directly.

There is no government in which a sworn lawmaker should be able to take unlimited payoffs from those seeking favorable treatment.

And yet this is now precisely the law of Florida.

In Sunday's column I called the Florida Legislature "the Whore of Babylon" for passing a law last week that legalizes its own bribery.

But the topic cries out not to be forgotten. This is a turning point in Florida's history.

It is now legal in Florida for the leaders of our House and Senate, of both the Republican and Democratic parties, to operate what are laughably called "leadership funds."

If you are an interest group in Florida, a corporation, a lobbyist seeking favor, you go to these "leadership" funds run by lawmakers ...

And you pay them.

They will launder the money into local elections around the state, to keep electing more obedient followers.

This is so astonishing a corruption that it defies belief.

The bill in question is House Bill 1207, passed in the 2010 legislative session.

Then-Gov. Charlie Crist vetoed it. Last Thursday the Legislature overrode the veto.

The House vote was 81-39. The Senate vote was 30-9.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Now is the time to chop America's dick off and let it float away in the Atlantic.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Disco Pickle

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on March 30, 2011, 07:38:46 PM
Now is the time to chop America's dick off and let it float away in the Atlantic.

you'd have to cut way up into the pubes to get tallahassee.  

I really do like it here most of the time but god damn, there's a lot of crazy motherfuckers here.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz:

GOD BLESS AMURRICAH, HOME OF TEH FREE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Not that it matters. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named will find ways to take their money from them too.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."