News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY ROCK N ROLL?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 31, 2011, 03:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Heh, if you ever really want to torture yourself, and you have satellite radio, tune into the Radio Disney station.  It's basically this kind of shit 24/7.  Unfortunately, I accidentally landed on it while flipping through the stations while my daughter was in the car.  Ugh, so much auto-tune.!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 31, 2011, 05:47:25 PM
Heh, if you ever really want to torture yourself, and you have satellite radio, tune into the Radio Disney station.  It's basically this kind of shit 24/7.  Unfortunately, I accidentally landed on it while flipping through the stations while my daughter was in the car.  Ugh, so much auto-tune.!

And they have DEVO II!

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Oh come on guys.  Her mom paied ARK MEDIA $2k for her daughter to record two songs and two vidoes.  She's not signed, she had no intention of marketing these things, it hit the web and went viral.  Of course it sucks.  She's not a singer, and was handed to a couple of cut-throat producers who didn't give a fuck about her and just turned the auto-tune up to 11 over a generic pop song for the cash.

If you're gonna throw a shitfit over an over-privileged 13-year-old's vanity project, you may want to consider valium for a few weeks.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 31, 2011, 05:48:17 PM

And they have DEVO II!

DEVO II is like the Rolling Stones compared to the likes of Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and well, I can't remember any of the other ones. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 31, 2011, 05:51:56 PM

And they have DEVO II!

DEVO II is like the Rolling Stones compared to the likes of Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and well, I can't remember any of the other ones. 

Rebecca Black, though, is on a level entirely her own.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 31, 2011, 05:50:09 PM
Oh come on guys.  Her mom paied ARK MEDIA $2k for her daughter to record two songs and two vidoes.  She's not signed, she had no intention of marketing these things, it hit the web and went viral.  Of course it sucks.  She's not a singer, and was handed to a couple of cut-throat producers who didn't give a fuck about her and just turned the auto-tune up to 11 over a generic pop song for the cash.

If you're gonna throw a shitfit over an over-privileged 13-year-old's vanity project, you may want to consider valium for a few weeks.

I've been using valium for a couple of years, and I still go into a mindless fury.

It's just plain WRONG, LMNO.  It's like digging up Robert Palmer and pissing on his skull.

Requia ☣

There are a 160 thousand likes on that video...
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cainad (dec.)

LMNO's motorcycle is correct. This video is virally popular because of how terrible it is. I believe some /b/-tards are declaring her the new Queen of /b/ (a title held by such luminaries as Boxxy, for example).

It's an unintentional troll, and a brilliant one at that. It straddles the line between "genuinely that banal and awful" and "this is a joke, right?" pretty perfectly.

That said, I still hate it.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Cainad on March 31, 2011, 06:31:25 PM
LMNO's motorcycle is correct. This video is virally popular because of how terrible it is. I believe some /b/-tards are declaring her the new Queen of /b/ (a title held by such luminaries as Boxxy, for example).

It's an unintentional troll, and a brilliant one at that. It straddles the line between "genuinely that banal and awful" and "this is a joke, right?" pretty perfectly.

That said, I still hate it.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 31, 2011, 05:58:38 PM
There are a 160 thousand likes on that video.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cainad (dec.)

I'll eat my own ass with chopsticks if at least half of those "likes" aren't trolls, or joking.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Laughin Jude

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 31, 2011, 05:58:38 PM
There are a 160 thousand likes on that video...
The Rickroll Effect in action.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Vaud

And they have DEVO II!

I lost a lot of respect for Devo when they initially endorsed this.
"Gee. He was just here a minute ago." -GC