News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Obese Man Found Fused to Chair Dies

Started by Juana, March 31, 2011, 07:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

from Gawker
QuoteAn obese man died after being found "fused to his chair" in his Bellaire, Ohio home, where he had sat in a recliner for two years. Police—called by his girlfriend—had remove him through a hole in the wall.

"Community reaction is intense," local CBS affiliate WTRF tells us. ("Vomit" counts as "intense reaction," as does "an unbelievable, existential sadness.") One officer called it "the worst thing he ever responded to," and another "threw away his soiled uniform after freeing the man."

Questions, obviously, remain: Was he actually fused to his chair? (Yes, according to WRTF, "with bedsores, maggots and excrement everywhere"; no, according to ABC affiliates which report that "the man's skin was stuck to the chair with urine and feces.") And: His girlfriend? (Yep: She "brought him food and soda pop.") And: Why didn't anyone do anything? (There is no law stopping adults from eating as much as they want or sitting in whichever chairs they want.) And: What was wrong? (No one seems to know, yet.) And also: Can I write a story about this guy for my MFA portfolio? (Yes, but please don't make him a metaphor for America, or capitalism, or whatever.)

(The house, by the way, is now being cleaned by seven people.)
:lulz: :vom:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Don Coyote

he was America. that is the New Dream.

Jasper

What strikes me is that this has been posted in High Weirdness when this is completely to be expected.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

This will, of course, convince Lay-Z-Boy that now is the time to expand their line of recliners to include potty chairs for adults, with a hatch in the side so a loved one can remove and clean the poop storage compartment. And maybe some sort of dining-table like insert that allows the chair to widen and have cushioned slats inserted to better accommodate the chair's owner as their backside expands . . .
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Jasper

NEW!  FUSE-GARD UPHOLSTERING!  WITHSTANDS UP TO SIX YEARS* OF SUSTAINED SKIN CONTACT! 

ONLY AT YOUR LOCAL WAL*MART!

:spag:

Nephew Twiddleton

What I want to know is how this person not only had, but maintained a relationship with this woman....
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Blight on March 31, 2011, 01:21:53 PM
What I want to know is how this person not only had, but maintained a relationship with this woman....

She likely ENJOYED having someone totally dependent on her, on some sick level.  I hope they're looking at getting help for her.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Juana

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 31, 2011, 09:01:45 AM
What strikes me is that this has been posted in High Weirdness when this is completely to be expected.
Obesity to this level, yes. But fusing to his chair? That's pretty fucking weird. IMO, anyway.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Triple Zero

Hover Cat: if it's a leather chair and he's obese that he can't move cause of obesity, you're gonna get fused. Have you never sat in a leather chair in the summer while wearing short clothes?

Was this not one of the murders in the movie Se7en?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Juana

Nope. Leather isn't done too much on anything you're gonna sit on around here. Regularly hits +100* degrees and hot leather is unpleasant. And I don't think most recliners have real leather upholstery.

Also nope. The killer kicked him (or something to that effect) after force feeding him until the point that the kick ruptured organs. Died at his kitchen table. IIRC, anyway.

Jasper

Quote from: Hover Cat on March 31, 2011, 05:10:43 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on March 31, 2011, 09:01:45 AM
Obesity to this level, yes. But fusing to his chair? That's pretty fucking weird. IMO, anyway.

The normality you knew is canceled.  In other news, La-Z-Boy is changing is name to "Differently-Abled-Boy".

Jenne

This, uh, isn't the first time this has happened.  I've heard about this before--about oh, 5-6 years ago...?

http://www.wftv.com/news/3643877/detail.html  ...guess it was 7

Juana

*shrug* Seven years ago I was a relatively innocent fifteen year old and very Catholic, so it's new to me.

Jenne

Quote from: Hover Cat on April 01, 2011, 02:45:48 AM
*shrug* Seven years ago I was a relatively innocent fifteen year old and very Catholic, so it's new to me.

:crankey:

...damned kids...

Jenne

...I say that with all the love in my heart, HC.  ;)