News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

The Other Seven Deadly Sins (part 2)

Started by The Wizard, April 03, 2011, 04:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard

QuoteWillful Ignorance, better than Stupidity.  Some people just plain can't help being stupid, that's not a sin, that's just the brain they were handed in the big lottery, it's the ones who have the capacity to understand, who have been shown, and STILL refuse to see that drive me batfuck crazy.

The reasons why I changed it.

QuoteDeception, better than Gullibility, in concept...  Deviousness, maybe better?  Though repeated gullibility, I suppose, would fall under Willful Ignorance.

I like Deception, but having difficulty decided what to focus on. Media bias and manipulation of the truth work well enough, but internet searches haven't shown any research, studies, or news articles on it. Politicians are too easy, and I want to focus on them for Willful Ignorance. Another thought I had was writing about Self Deception, but that might be too close to Willful Ignorance.
Insanity we trust.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Phox on April 03, 2011, 07:56:48 AM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on April 03, 2011, 07:52:32 AM
QuoteYes indeed.  But somewhere just before your mid twenties, you'll realize that they do have some good points.  But that doesn't mean you'll like it, or want to take their advice.  I don't know when that kicks in.

I don't think that one ever kicks in. I've yet to encounter a person who likes being told they're wrong or being given advice. But then again, I'm still young yet.  :D
Maybe we young kids should ask Roger. :lulz:

If he doesn't rather hate being told he's wrong he has a funny way of showing it.

But then, that wouldn't surprise me that much.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl