News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Buyer's Remorse

Started by Luna, April 05, 2011, 09:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Buyer's Remorse

It's no use, you know.  Driving by the lot where you traded in your last car is a waste of time.  The dealer's never going to let you swap back, they know a good thing when they see it.  Sure, it needed a little work.  You weren't kind to it when you had it, you never saw that the oil was changed properly, or on schedule.  The battery was nearly dead, and the condition the spark plugs were in was downright criminal.  Don't worry, though.  A little more time in the shop, a little engine work, knock out a dent or two, a new coat of paint, that one will be better than the day you chose it.

Don't you worry.  Somebody else will appreciate it the day it's ready to leave the lot. 

That new one, not what you thought you were getting, is it?  Now that you've had the chance to get behind the wheel and drive it around the block a few times, you realize your new toy isn't quite what the window sticker said it would be.  What you thought would be the perfect little mid-life crisis sports job has turned out to be something dug out of the back of Rent-a-Wreck.  The paint's chipped, the body is dented, the suspension is loose.  What do you expect, really?  After all, when it's been driven by so many people who knew they weren't going to keep it, it's going to take some pretty spectacular damage.  The bumpers are dented, the onboard computer hasn't worked in years, and the trunk is never going to close right again, much less lock properly.

Pity, really.  A little bit of research could have told you a lot, but you didn't want to hear, didn't want to know.  A lot of people tried to warn you about that model, but you just HAD to have it.  You're not going to be happy with it, I think you're starting to get that, now. 

Live with it.  Or walk.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I see my old car all the time because the guy I gave it to moved into my neighborhood.

I fucking loved that car. I should have replaced the wiring harness and kept the fucker. Dammit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Luna on April 05, 2011, 09:34:28 PM
Buyer's Remorse

It's no use, you know.  Driving by the lot where you traded in your last car is a waste of time.  The dealer's never going to let you swap back, they know a good thing when they see it.  Sure, it needed a little work.  You weren't kind to it when you had it, you never saw that the oil was changed properly, or on schedule.  The battery was nearly dead, and the condition the spark plugs were in was downright criminal.  Don't worry, though.  A little more time in the shop, a little engine work, knock out a dent or two, a new coat of paint, that one will be better than the day you chose it.

Don't you worry.  Somebody else will appreciate it the day it's ready to leave the lot. 

That new one, not what you thought you were getting, is it?  Now that you've had the chance to get behind the wheel and drive it around the block a few times, you realize your new toy isn't quite what the window sticker said it would be.  What you thought would be the perfect little mid-life crisis sports job has turned out to be something dug out of the back of Rent-a-Wreck.  The paint's chipped, the body is dented, the suspension is loose.  What do you expect, really?  After all, when it's been driven by so many people who knew they weren't going to keep it, it's going to take some pretty spectacular damage.  The bumpers are dented, the onboard computer hasn't worked in years, and the trunk is never going to close right again, much less lock properly.

Pity, really.  A little bit of research could have told you a lot, but you didn't want to hear, didn't want to know.  A lot of people tried to warn you about that model, but you just HAD to have it.  You're not going to be happy with it, I think you're starting to get that, now. 

Live with it.  Or walk.

:mittens:

and I :lulz: 'd pretty hard at this line in particular:

QuoteThe bumpers are dented, the onboard computer hasn't worked in years, and the trunk is never going to close right again, much less lock properly.

Great analogy.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

Thanks, ECH, wasn't sure if I'd been too subtle...

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Luna on April 05, 2011, 11:59:21 PM

It's loud and clear.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Laughin Jude

Quote from: Luna on April 05, 2011, 11:59:21 PM

Nah, I've been here like a week and even I got it.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Freeky

At first I was like :?

then I :lulz: :mittens: 'd

Luna

On bad days, I consider printing it out and stuffing it in his mailbox on the way home from work.

Jenne

Great piece, Luna! Loved it!