News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

A few notes on the whole "broken-hearted" thing.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 06, 2011, 07:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2011, 07:48:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on April 06, 2011, 07:47:22 PM
Roger wins yet another internetz. He should donate them to a third-world hell-hole. Like Detroit.  :lulz:

Or Phoenix.

Phoenix isn't even a third world hell-hole.  It's just Hell.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2011, 07:47:47 PM
Quote from: Suu the Infallible on April 06, 2011, 07:45:55 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2011, 07:21:46 PM
Quote from: Luna on April 06, 2011, 07:20:32 PM
good jazz.

Oxymoron.

Bullshit.

Jazz is four different people playing four different songs in the same room at the same time.  It is absolute garbage, with the only exceptions being Ella Fitzgerald and Scatman John, and neither one of them really qualifies as "jazz" anymore.

I was going to use Ella Fitzgerald as my example. I meant THAT jazz, REAL jazz, not Kenny G.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on April 06, 2011, 07:51:57 PM
good jazz.

Oxymoron.

Bullshit.

Jazz is four different people playing four different songs in the same room at the same time.  It is absolute garbage, with the only exceptions being Ella Fitzgerald and Scatman John, and neither one of them really qualifies as "jazz" anymore.

I was going to use Ella Fitzgerald as my example. I meant THAT jazz, REAL jazz, not Kenny G.

They shut down the factory that makes that shit in 1950.  Scatman John is still going, but it's only a matter of time til they run him down like a dog.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

good jazz.

Oxymoron.

Bullshit.

That's what most people say who have never been able to teleport to Saturn.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

LMNO

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2011, 07:53:20 PM
good jazz.

Oxymoron.

Bullshit.

They shut down the factory that makes that shit in 1950.  Scatman John is still going, but it's only a matter of time til they run him down like a dog.

Billie Holiday lived the jazz life. She started poor, got insanely rich, did a lot of drugs, drank too much hooch, and died poor of an overdose surrounded by cops indicted possession with 75 cents in the bank.

Now THAT'S jazz.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on April 06, 2011, 08:02:11 PM
good jazz.

Oxymoron.

Bullshit.

Billie Holiday lived the jazz life. She started poor, got insanely rich, did a lot of drugs, drank too much hooch, and died poor of an overdose surrounded by cops indicted possession with 75 cents in the bank.

Now THAT'S jazz.

No, that's rock n roll.  REAL rock n roll, mind you.

I'd say it was blues, but blues singers always live to be 300 years old.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2011, 08:04:57 PM
good jazz.

Oxymoron.

Bullshit.

Now THAT'S jazz.

Yes, but jazz was what rock and roll was before there was actually rock and roll.

It's the same phenomenon for a different generation.

East Coast Hustle

good jazz.

Oxymoron.

Bullshit.

Jazz is four different people playing four different songs in the same room at the same time.  It is absolute garbage, with the only exceptions being Ella Fitzgerald and Scatman John, and neither one of them really qualifies as "jazz" anymore.

Oh GAWD. SO MUCH THIS.

Jazz is what the Grateful Dead would have played if they had done more meth.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2011, 08:04:57 PM
good jazz.

Oxymoron.

Bullshit.

Now THAT'S jazz.

It's Dixieland or Memphis Blues.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on April 07, 2011, 01:06:03 AM
good jazz.

Oxymoron.

Bullshit.

Jazz is four different people playing four different songs in the same room at the same time.  It is absolute garbage, with the only exceptions being Ella Fitzgerald and Scatman John, and neither one of them really qualifies as "jazz" anymore.

Oh GAWD. SO MUCH THIS.

Jazz is what the Grateful Dead would have played if they had done more meth.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Oh, man.  You guys would be either amused or horrified at what I keep by my turntable...

Coleman Hawkins
John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Dexter Gordon
Duke Ellington
Roy Eldrige

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 07, 2011, 06:31:22 PM
Oh, man.  You guys would be either amused or horrified at what I keep by my turntable...

Coleman Hawkins
John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Dexter Gordon
Duke Ellington
Roy Eldrige

None of this is any good with respect to the OP.  This is why we have Roy Orbison, Hank Sr, and Keith Heatherly.  And bourbon.

LMNO

Yes, this is true.  Threadjack about jazz aside, I also have plenty of Willie, George, Johhny, Hank, and Nina around.

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 07, 2011, 06:31:22 PM

Coleman Hawkins
John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Dexter Gordon
Duke Ellington
Roy Eldrige

Add Ella Fitzgerald, Sachmo and Pete Fontaine and I'm there.