News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Astrophysicist: Giant spaceships are orbiting Mars

Started by Luna, April 07, 2011, 07:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Phobos' density issues are nothing new.

And that article would be far more believeable without the face on mars bit, and the last sentence.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2011, 07:37:43 PM

And that article would be far more believeable without the face on mars bit, and the last sentence.

Also if it had mentioned that he'd done the study in 1959, and has been dead since 1985...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iosif_Shklovsky

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on April 07, 2011, 07:42:17 PM

Also if it had mentioned that he'd done the study in 1959, and has been dead since 1985...

"Before it's news..."

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2011, 07:54:38 PM
Quote from: Luna on April 07, 2011, 07:42:17 PM

"Before it's news..."

:lulz:

Yup.   :lulz:

Cainad (dec.)

That article made me want to poop SCIENCE onto the author's head.

But the idea of the moons of Mars being spaceships reminded me of the Marathon series of games, so I was placated. :)

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

bugmenоt

thanks for the info.
i did not quite get the link between hollow moons which change their measurable speed (given that the measurements were correct) and alien spaceships.
but yes, THIS IS NO MOON!
let's look for intelligent life on earth first.