News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Shutdown cancelled, probably.

Started by Requia ☣, April 09, 2011, 04:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Don Coyote

The fuckers need a fucking paycut. Let THEM take the fucking hit.

Requia ☣

If the figures I've been hearing are right, most of them would actually lose more money if the Bush tax cuts for the rich expired than if they lost their income as congressthings.   :lulz:

Juana

:lulz: "Best we could get out them." Wow.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Requia ☣

Apparently the dems may have folded after all, this extension comes with a promise for a 2011 budget that Obama agreed to.   :argh!:

Don Coyote

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 09, 2011, 05:26:18 AM
Apparently the dems may have folded after all, this extension comes with a promise for a 2011 budget that Obama agreed to.   :argh!:

And it is jut as I feared. Nothing fucking changes.

I am going to start burning down buildings now.

Don Coyote

Futher proof.
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=63503

QuoteA Pentagon spokesman stressed that Defense Department employees' and service member's pay will not be impacted . "There was no shutdown, and temporary funding has been approved by Congress. Everyone will get paid as usual," he said.

The Good Reverend Roger

THEY'RE ALL GUTLESS!   :lulz:

Who are these people again?

Ima write some letters:  "Who the hell ARE you people?"
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Susan on April 09, 2011, 07:02:13 AM
THEY'RE ALL GUTLESS!   :lulz:

Who are these people again?

Ima write some letters:  "Who the hell ARE you people?"

I almost did. I was thinking about hurling drunken obscenities at their phones.

tyrannosaurus vex

The good news is, it will be incredibly easy to convince people not to vote for Obama in 2012.

I'm voting for Trump even if he doesn't run.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Triple Zero

TL/DR: http://isthegovernmentshutdown.com/

I completely missed these developments, so I read up on the Guardian's liveblog. They're funny. Funny reporters. I was laughing my ass off: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/08/government-shutdown-2011-live-updates?intcmp=239#block-1 (started down, at the beginning, reading all the way up to whatever happened last.

But it sounds to me like the Republicans got what they wanted? More budget cuts. Even if they didn't get Planned Parenthood down. But maybe halfway they realised that Federal Law already bars PP from using tax dollars for abortion except in cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother.

... or maybe they still didn't like PP cause what they do is empowering to women and queers?

But basically yesterday the Republicans wanted either to fuck over hundreds thousands of "non essential" (guess that means "plebs") government employees OR they wanted to fuck over tests for cervical cancer and STDs.

And in the end, nobody won because the Democrats offered the Reps several billions in tax cuts in exchange to do neither.

So the Reps held hostage the government yesterday?

Is that about right?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The thing that's fucking AMAZING about gutting funding for Planned Parenthood is that it's cutting the only source for cheap/free birth control and prenatal care for a lot of young, poor women, which means an increase in low birth rates, premature births, and birth defects. It's cutting a source for cheap/free STD testing and treatment, which means an increase in the spread of venereal disease.

WHAT THE FUCK.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

Oh don't worry
God will's it

Isn't that what they said during the Crusades too?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Don Coyote

The power of Christ compels you to have lots of babies. If you get a VD then you deserved it for being a whore.

tyrannosaurus vex

Republicans wanted $61 billion cut from the budget.
<bunch of fighting and blah blah blah>
Budget gets cut by $78.5 billions.

That's right.

Obama: Working 129% harder. For the GOP.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.