News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Inspiration has struck... Possibly, maybe...

Started by ThatGreenGentleman, April 09, 2011, 08:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGreenGentleman

I've just now realized that most of these stories are tragedy-ish ones. And I feel like a horrible person for enjoying writing such horribly depressing stories.  :x
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Don Coyote

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on April 18, 2011, 03:36:18 AM
I've just now realized that most of these stories are tragedy-ish ones. And I feel like a horrible person for enjoying writing such horribly depressing stories.  :x

Don't. They are good. Just horrorful. If want to keep writing them, keep writing them.

ThatGreenGentleman

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on April 18, 2011, 03:39:25 AM
Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on April 18, 2011, 03:36:18 AM

Don't. They are good. Just horrorful. If want to keep writing them, keep writing them.

I'll keep writing them, just feeling pretty horrified is all.

BadBeast

Haz teh sads nao.

Only joking. If that's how they pan out, then that's how they pan out. You can't refuse your muse, Happy endings are over rated anyway. They lack IRL credibility.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

ThatGreenGentleman

Laura was dead. She was dead in a zombie way, but she didn't go around eating people like the mindless fuckheads that no one liked. She was kind of like the that one creepy girl from The Ring who'd kill you if you watched her video or something, but Laura wasn't killing anyone. She just wanted to be around the guy she loved. Of course they had never actually talked before, even when she was living. From the perspective of someone not involved, or rather anyone other than Laura, it would seem as if she was stalking him. Which she was. She had seen him at college. He was an obvious hipster, but that didn't matter to her. She was determined to know everything about him. So she ended up stalking him while she was alive, and she continued to do so in death.

He had realized he was being stalked right off the bat. It was some girl from his literature class. He didn't particularly care, since she didn't seem to be dangerous. This went on for quite a few months before she fell in front of a bus while following him. He was invited to her funeral, but did not go. He did not know what strange fantasy his stalker had developed and told to her parents while she was living, but he refused to go. The hipster had heard from her friends in class about a month after Laura's funeral that the dirt of grave had been disturbed. Not like someone was trying to dig her up to grave rob her, but like something had tried clawing it's way out. This had creeped him out a lot, but he pushed those thoughts away. He eventually got himself a girlfriend. The curtains of his life were about to close.

Laura sat outside the window and peeked in like she always did. She was content at just watching her beloved from afar. He was sitting on his couch watching t.v. when the doorbell rang. When he opened it there was a girl Laura had never seen before. Rage built up in her. How dare her honey cheat on her? In a blind rage she broke through the window and lunged at them. Her mind had gone blank when she attacked them. She sat there holding his bloody head against her face and was petting it. "You're all mine now!"

He was her hipster, and she'll cry if she wants to, cry if she wants to.

P.S. I just Lesly Gore'd you guys.

THE END.

Phox

BadBeast

Where's the moral lesson? I won't be able to sleep until at least some attempt at a moral lesson, no matter how fatuous it is, is inserted somewhere! Or maybe there's already one in there that I missed! (But I don't think so)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5LW07FTJbI&playnext=1&list=PLDF83F9608073A2DA
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

ThatGreenGentleman

His signs were vital, but his hands were so cold. When he woke up he didn't know where he was, or who he was. When he got up from the bed and entered the hallway, he soon realized he was in a hospital. The lights were on, but no one was there except for him. He wandered around for hours, and became lost. It seemed like he had been going down the same hallway even when he turned the corner. They were different hallways, but just looked exactly the same. He eventually saw that there were no windows, but there were clocks. Various clocks all over. They all had names under them. Names of people he didn't know, and will never know. All the clocks were working, except for one that was smashed on the ground. There was no name plate for this clock. As he continued down the halls he began to see even more smashed clocks. This made him feel curious and confused. There was also a feeling of nostalgia, but he couldn't quite place it. He began to think of a story he had been told when he was a child by some old lady. The story was about someone called Father Time. He couldn't remember what the story was about, he only remembered Father Time.

He came upon a grand set of double doors that were unnecessarily big. There was a small plaque by the door that said, "Enter when the time is right, instead of the wrong." He didn't get what it meant, but he went in anyways. Beyond the unnecessarily large doors was an even more ridiculously large room. At the very end of the room was a large throne. He couldn't see who it was sitting in the throne, so he walked towards it. As he was walking along he saw many hourglasses, and sundials even though there was no sun, and many other forms of clocks. When he finally reached the throne, he saw an ancient looking man sitting on it. The ancient old man had a long white beard that reached the floor and then some, such gray clouded eyes that seemed to look right through you. He wore a big red cloak, and what looked like golden and silver armor. Compared to the old man, the man that couldn't remember anything, looked ridiculous wearing nothing but a hospital gown.

The old man finally spoke after moments of silence. He asked, "Can you remember who you are young man?" And to this the man replied, "No. I woke up in this strange hospital and couldn't remember a thing. Still can't. Do you know who I am by any chance? It would be rather helpful to know who I am." The old man made a face were you couldn't tell if he was scowling or smiling. Probably because of the beard. The old man then said, "If you do not know who you are, do you know why you are here?" The younger man just shook his head. He felt like he was a child being questioned by a parent if they took a cookie from the cookie jar. The old man finally smiled and said, "If you do not know who you are, or what your purpose is, would like me to give you a name and a purpose?" "Yes, I would like that very much sir," The man had said sheepishly. The old man rose from the elegantly detailed throne, and whispered into the man's ear. "Your name shall be Father Time. Your purpose is to watch over people's times and make sure nothing happens to them. You'll know when their times run out. Do not add to or take away someone's time, for this is a great taboo." The ancient man then took a step back, smiled, and then faded away. The young man, who was now the new Father Time felt a pang of sadness, but did not know why.

He climbed the stairs to the throne and sat down. He was no longer wearing the hospital gown, but was wearing normal clothes. He felt happy that he now had a purpose and a name, but felt sad that the old man had left. He did his job as Father Time until he became ancient like the old man. He knew his time was coming to an end and that the new heir for the position as Father Time was arriving. The same double doors had opened like he had done all those years ago. It was a young man who had come, dressed in the same hospital gown. Father Time then asked, "Do you know who you are?"

Under the cover of darkness, will you be alright?
THE END.

Jenne

Aw, TGG.  Did your great-grandpa inspire that?  That was an awesome story.  Choked me up a bit.

ThatGreenGentleman

She came to in a bathtub. It was a pretty nasty bathroom overall. She smelled something disgusting and looked down. She had evidently thrown up on herself, after all that trouble she went through to get dressed up and ready to play. Her head was throbbing, probably from all of the drinking she had done the night before. Jane here was your average party girl. Dressed like a hooker, heavily drank at parties to get people to like her. She'd pretend that people's secret kiss of confidence was her escape, it was always the perfect game to play. Jane never really understood people though. It's not like she ever tried to understand them. She viewed them as her toys to play with. But she always felt so alone. She just wanted someone to notice. And because no one ever noticed, she'd break their hearts.

Jane would tell people she was fine when she really wasn't. She stood there with her hands on the sink's counter, looking in the mirror. Wondering where that girl with a sweet disposition, that she once was, had gone to. She was never a clever child, nor was she talented. She only had good looks. Her older sister though was smart, talented, the family's pride. The sister though would always show off in front of Jane because she despised her. Jane remembered a memory from when she was 7 or 8, she had gotten a C on a test and wanted to show her mom. When she found her mom her sister was already showing her that she had yet again, gotten an A. When her mom asked what Jane wanted to show her, Jane felt ashamed that she would never be as smart as her sister and said "Nothing."

She began to cry, but only a little. She left the disgusting bathroom, along with her "disgusting" childhood memories, in search of another party to further hurt herself.

You can't forget what you've forgotten all along.
THE END.

Dysfunctional Cunt

WOW TGG!  Just WOW!!!

:mittens:

You are very very good. 

BadBeast

You can go a long way, with talent like this.

ThatGreenGentleman

It was as if the surroundings had been painted to life, like a different dimension. There stood a boy, who looked like one of those newspaper kids from the early 1900s. He was waiting for someone outside of an amusement park. The amusement park itself glowed and looked majestic, like something from a dream. There were people, families, couples, all flocking to this amusement park, while he waited outside. Finally, someone dressed as a butler came. He handed the boy a note. The note read: "Hello there child. I apologize for not coming in person, but I hope you understand, or will at least understand by the end of the day. So enjoy the park, but observe the people around you carefully. Have a wonderful time." It did not say who wrote it, but when the boy had finished reading it, and looked up the butler was gone. After a few moments of confusion the boy entered the park.

When he entered the amusement park, it looked like something from a steam-punk illustration or something. With a big grin on his face the child ran loose in this wonderland. While he was having fun he also observed the crowd like the note had told him to do. He did not know what exactly he was looking for amongst the people, but he watched intently. It wasn't until sunset when he finally saw what he was looking for. As the sky turned a bright pink as the set, and the carnival lights all came on, some peoples limbs began to fall off. But they didn't notice, they just kept walking and going on about their business. His face quickly changed from joy into fear. He looked down at his own limbs. He was surprised that he hadn't noticed before. He was no longer a young boy, but now an old man. He didn't know when this old age hit him like a freight train, but it had. And slowly, the park began to blink out into darkness, until it was only him and a lamp post left. There he stood no longer breathing.

Your signs are no longer vital, but my hands are ever so cold.
THE END.

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on April 20, 2011, 03:38:52 AM

Your signs are no longer vital, but my hands are ever so cold.

Holy fuck.  That was like being punched right in the heart.

:mittens: