Breaking news!! France doens't like burqas

Started by -Kel-, January 07, 2010, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This shit makes me want to start wearing a veil.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Jenkem and Bubble Baths on January 09, 2010, 05:49:14 PM
Quote from: Brotep on January 09, 2010, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 09, 2010, 03:12:46 AM
Mine will say "FUCK FRANCE" on it.

:lulz:

million burqa march!

If I had the moneys, I'd get me a camo one! Because nothing says anonymity like a camoflague burqa in the middle of Tucson. :lulz:

:lulz: :fap:

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 13, 2011, 01:46:09 AM
Quote from: -Kel- on January 07, 2010, 10:57:45 PM
Women who wear burkhas and niqabs on the street in France face fines of £750
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1241293/Women-wear-burkhas-street-France-face-fines-700.html

1.  Dailymail.

2.  What if MEN wear burkhas in France?

The law is carefully worded to avoid language specific to religion or sex.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 13, 2011, 02:04:04 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1241293/Women-wear-burkhas-street-France-face-fines-700.html

1.  Dailymail.

So, if I was a hermaphrodite in a bedsheet, I'd be fucked?  That hardly seems fair.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 13, 2011, 02:10:57 AM

1.  Dailymail.

So, if I was a hermaphrodite in a bedsheet, I'd be fucked?  That hardly seems fair.

Well, it's not "fair" if you assume the law is targeted at Muslim women, as it clearly is, but it's "fair" if they apply it to everyone who covers their face in public.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 13, 2011, 02:12:45 AM

1.  Dailymail.

Well, it's not "fair" if you assume the law is targeted at Muslim women, as it clearly is, but it's "fair" if they apply it to everyone who covers their face in public.

Bad time to be a leper in France.

Most people have a hard time remembering that the French were actually pretty big on Nazism.  Looks like they've fallen back into the habit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 13, 2011, 02:16:55 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 13, 2011, 02:12:45 AM

1.  Dailymail.

Bad time to be a leper in France.

Most people have a hard time remembering that the French were actually pretty big on Nazism.  Looks like they've fallen back into the habit.

Yep.

LMNO

I'm enjoying the thought of millions of Teabaggers trying to get their heads around the fact that France of all places is building the country of their dreams.

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 13, 2011, 12:51:37 PM
I'm enjoying the thought of millions of Teabaggers trying to get their heads around the fact that France of all places is building the country of their dreams.

:lulz:  Oh jesus, that's so true...but then I remember that plenty of right-wingers still like TRAVELLING in France, they just don't like the "smelly frogs" themselves.  FREEDOM FRIES!!!! FREEEEDDDOOOOM FRIIIIES!

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 09, 2010, 11:32:47 AM
EOT I dont care whether you are Daruko or not, if you don't want people to treat you like a fucking annoying troll, stop the EITHER/OR thing. It's fucking annoying and unnecessary.

then you can talk about whether or not you "don't exactly appreciate the disrespectful attitude" and expect one to actually give a flying fuck.

1.  Worse things happen at sea.

2.  Someone was disrespectful on PD?  WHAT?   :lulz: