News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Can't they leave shit alone?

Started by Luna, April 11, 2011, 09:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Quote from: Luna on April 11, 2011, 10:02:30 PM
Oh, I fully agree that what they DO attempt to put together may very well suck elephant balls.  But it won't be a story that you grew up with, loved, and they chewed up, swallowed, and shat out in runny splatters all over the big screen.
Calling it now. There will be neither missiles, nor commands. Instead, it will be a love story set in the midst of an apocalyptic alien invasion. (Any inclusions of missiles and/or commands will only be unrelataed to the main plot, and only be there to allow the writers to claim that I'm wrong. Mark my words.)

Jasper

The annoying part is that I know a clever group of people could do a really funny satire of M.A.D with missile command as a vehicle.

Suu

Considering the plot holes they left in the Clash movie last year, they fucking need it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Someone should make a movie based upon E.T. the video game.

That would fuckin RULE!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 12, 2011, 01:08:24 AM
Someone should make a movie based upon E.T. the video game.

That would fuckin RULE!

OH A HOLE

DAMN I FELL INTO IN THE HOLE

FLY OUT OF THE HOLE

BACK INTO THE HOLE

FLY OUT OF THE HOLE

BACK INTO THE HOLE

oh look a flower
IT DOES FUCK ALL
:argh!:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

See?  It would be all existential and shit. 

Jasper

What would be so wrong with a proper Megaman movie?  Nerds fucking adore Megaman.  It would be an even bigger hit than That Michael Bay Movie I don't talk about.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 12, 2011, 03:53:31 AM
What would be so wrong with a proper Megaman movie?  Nerds fucking adore Megaman.  It would be an even bigger hit than That Michael Bay Movie I don't talk about.

I think there was one, but it was limited release Japan-only thing, or something.

Of course, a glitzy, made-for-Americans MegaMan movie full of explosions and killer robots with goofy themes would be something I would totally pay money for. Once.

Jasper

East Coast Hustle

I'll see anything if it's in IMAX 3D. Literally, anything (except Mars Needs Mom).

Megaman in IMAX 3D with a bunch of killer robots? I'd probably see that twice.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

IMAX 3D is a great technology for looking at explosions. 

President Television

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 12, 2011, 03:53:31 AM

A Protomen movie might even be decent.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

East Coast Hustle

Frankly, I'm REALLY surprised that nobody's made a Legend of Zelda movie yet.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

That would be a great movie for Peter Jackson and WETA to make.  Should be based on the Ocarina of Time. 

Suu

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on April 12, 2011, 07:09:20 AM
Frankly, I'm REALLY surprised that nobody's made a Legend of Zelda movie yet.

There was a decent April Fool's Joke done a few years ago by IGN.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."