News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Atlas Shrugged. April 15. Is your body ready?

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, April 12, 2011, 12:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 15, 2011, 07:35:50 PM
Really?  Wow.  That guy must have been tough.  All my grandparents died in the 80s-90s.

Still is.  He's not gone yet, but they've pulled the plug.  He could last as long as 7 days, but he isn't expected to wake up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I still think it's more likely that Requia was trying to show some sympathy, but it just didn't come out right.

Speaking as an Asshat, beefing with Roger is likely to fuck with one's language abilities—and that's not exactly Requia's strong suit to begin with. She's bumbling, not vicious (as far as I've observed).

What's your take on this Roger?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on April 15, 2011, 07:52:51 PM
I still think it's more likely that Requia was trying to show some sympathy, but it just didn't come out right.

Speaking as an Asshat, beefing with Roger is likely to fuck with one's language abilities—and that's not exactly Requia's strong suit to begin with. She's bumbling, not vicious (as far as I've observed).

I think she's a complete shit, to tell you the truth, for reasons given above.  My reaction to her grandparent dying was "Oh, shit, sorry to hear that."  Her reaction to my grandfather's imminent death was "Oh, we'll have to argue later, BRB LOL."

Also, she has an amazing ability to ruin every conversation she touches, because her Dunning/Kruger pokes out, and she HAS to prove that she knows more about everything than anybody, including and ESPECIALLY people actually trained in a field she knows nothing about.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

I'm new, but...

One thing I've noticed around here.  People are horrible bastards of one flavor or another in this place on a regular basis... but when somebody is actually hurting, they don't get kicked when they're down.  (Well, unless they beg for it.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

Too much benefit of the doubt, Dude.  Just saying.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Ok, I'm sold.

Requia's really dug herself into a hole this time.

Thanks for everybody's patience with me.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2011, 07:56:19 PM

I think she's a complete shit, to tell you the truth, for reasons given above.  My reaction to her grandparent dying was "Oh, shit, sorry to hear that."  Her reaction to my grandfather's imminent death was "Oh, we'll have to argue later, BRB LOL."

Also, she has an amazing ability to ruin every conversation she touches, because her Dunning/Kruger pokes out, and she HAS to prove that she knows more about everything than anybody, including and ESPECIALLY people actually trained in a field she knows nothing about.

hadn't encountered that premise before, but it immediately made perfect sense and I recalled several times in my life where I've observed that quality in someone.  Usually just before something bad happened.

I learned something new today.  Thanks Rev.  condolences on your old old man, you old man. 
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

President Television

May the ghost of the Terrible Old Man find eternal fun, and may Requia choke on a pretzel. No class at all.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Am i the only one who just learned requia was a she...  im slow

Sorry bout your G-pa Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 15, 2011, 04:47:31 PM
Right, I'm officially calling bullshit, you know jack all about objectivism, or any other kind of philosophy, and are completely unable to defend your argument with anything other than blanket statements that the other side is wrong and hurling insults.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 15, 2011, 04:32:06 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 15, 2011, 04:28:57 PM
Nope, for one thing I still have no fucking clue how you got from A to B on this one.

I love that its now advanced to the point that asking for an explanation is useless pedantry though.

The point isn't about being right or wrong here, Requia.  It's that, while Roger's use of attempted murder may not be the legally exact definition that would suit a real life case like this, the term was still sufficient to get his point across in a conversational manner.  Especially given he'd used the correct terminology earlier in the very same topic.

I'm not talking about the legally accepted definition of murder, I'm talking about the lack of any kind of link whatsoever between his first statement and his second.  Even if you leave out the whole murder bit, and just say 'then objectivists believe anybody with bad breaks should be arrested' it's *still* utter nonsense unless you say *why* that's the case.  I'm fairly certain that there's no reason at all for that to be the case under objectivism at this point, and that Roger is talking out his ass, which is why he refuses to answer me.

If you're so smart, why are you THE ONLY FUCKING PERSON IN THIS THREAD who didn't understand Roger's point?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 15, 2011, 05:02:44 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2011, 04:58:37 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 15, 2011, 04:57:23 PM
30 pages.

There will be a 3-5 day hiatus while I go to bury The Terrible Old Man, but I think you can count on far more than 30 pages.

Dammit.  That takes all the fun out of finally doing this.

I'm taking hiatus for a week, after that we can either pick up where we left off or wait for it to explode in some other thread.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST REQUIA WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."