News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Atlas Shrugged. April 15. Is your body ready?

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, April 12, 2011, 12:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slyph on April 14, 2011, 06:39:03 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on April 14, 2011, 04:41:35 PM
And they made Willers black in the movie version.  That should make for some interesting film interpretation.

I've said before and I'll say again: a Black JOHN GALT would make for an interesting film.

A black Eddie, the character who is like, this well meaning lackey without the Genius of the main characters, this worker who "knows his place". Wow. Bad implications, really.

...And entirely in keeping with this latest brand of "objectivists".  Not all of them, mind you...But let's just say they know their audience.

Believe it or not, I think this movie is going to be a cult sleeper.  We'll have dumbfucks dropping through the roof for 10 years quoting it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

i wouldn't mind actually, Rand is ridiculously easy to argue against (so easy in fact, that you can use her own arguments to do it).  If the teabaggers start actually knowing what she wrote it'll make for some hilarious cognitive dissonance.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

hooplala

I would imagine, Requia, that you find it ridiculously easy to argue against anything.  Including topics you've never heard of.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on April 14, 2011, 08:20:48 PM
I would imagine, Requia, that you find it ridiculously easy to argue against anything.  Including topics you've never heard of.

Point.

But I can dismiss objectivism with 2 questions.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

I always like this part.

WHAT ARE THE TWO QUESTIONS?
   \
:nigel:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 14, 2011, 08:55:34 PM
I always like this part.

\

Question #1:  Joe's brakes are bad.  He knows this.  One day, while driving, his bad brakes cause an accident that kills a family of 5.  Is he guilty of at least manslaughter?

Prince Glittersnatch III

Ive got my digital camera, my special jacket with secret pockets(for snacks) and a full tank of gas.
Im going to see if I can make it to opening night in Appleton, maybe get a few shots of some teabaggers.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Prince Glittersnatch III

QuoteDear Friend of Liberty,

On April 15, the film adaptation of Ayn Rand's classic novel Atlas Shrugged hits over 300 theaters across America. The film, Atlas Shrugged: Part One, celebrates values Tea Party activists hold dear: limited government, free markets and individual liberty.

In the film, the productive members of society or "Atlases" who hold up the world, slowly disappear and thus "shrug" from under the weight of a government that undervalues, suppresses and demonizes individual achievement.

Even though it was written more than 50 years ago, Rand's story shares ominous similarities with our nation today. Government bailouts of failing enterprises, crony capitalists perverting the free market and the skyrocketing price of oil—all newspaper headlines today—are themes ripped right from the pages of Atlas Shrugged.

And while the book and the film are fiction, the message hits home because when we look aro und at our floundering economy and hapless political leaders, one thing is clear: Atlas IS Shrugging.

To show this, we just released a mashup video and quiz showing the parallels between rhetoric used by Democrats today and government bureaucrats in the film. Watch it here and take our quiz:

Atlas Shrugged: Part One has the opportunity to introduce millions more around the world to the philosophy of freedom. Go see this film, and if it's not playing near you, demand that your theater shows At las Shrugged: Part One. If the message of individual liberty in Atlas Shrugged inspires you like it does me, please consider a donation to help us continue spreading this important message across America.

In Liberty,

Kibbe Signature
Matt Kibbe
President and CEO, FreedomWorks

Did you hear that? Its going to hit nearly a half a thousand theaters!

:lulz:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 14, 2011, 08:58:05 PM
I always like this part.

\

Question #1:  Joe's brakes are bad.  He knows this.  One day, while driving, his bad brakes cause an accident that kills a family of 5.  Is he guilty of at least manslaughter?

Question #2?

Requia ☣

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/atlas_shrugged_part_i/  First movie reviews are in apparently.  Guess how many critics actually like it  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 15, 2011, 02:13:31 AM
I always like this part.

\

Question #2?

YOU HAVE TO ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION.

NOW ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION.

Lord Cataplanga

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2011, 04:06:43 AM
I always like this part.

\

Question #2?

Yes he is? But I don't know for sure what the official Objectivist answer is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lord Cataplanga on April 15, 2011, 04:50:27 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2011, 04:06:43 AM
I always like this part.

\

Question #2?

Yes he is? But I don't know for sure what the official Objectivist answer is.

Well, according to objectivists, then anyone who has bad brakes should be arrested for attempted murder.

GAME ORVER.  SIMPLISTIC WORLDVIEW LOSES.

Requia ☣

:?

How does manslaughter lead to attempted murder?  Or is this some Objectivist thing?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 15, 2011, 05:09:54 AM
:?

How does manslaughter lead to attempted murder?  Or is this some Objectivist thing?

:mullet: