News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Atlas Shrugged. April 15. Is your body ready?

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, April 12, 2011, 12:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

It occurs to me that if you really want to give a big fuck-you to Ayn Rand you could dub your pirated copy with commentary, Mystery Science Theatre 3000 style. Then upload it without any implication of your editing in the title or description.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 12, 2011, 01:23:02 AM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 12, 2011, 01:17:49 AM
Ive never read Atlas Shrugged (tl;dr) but I know Ayn Rand was really critical of religion, especially Christianity. How often is that brough up in Atlas Shrugged?

I think Atlas Shrugged is more about how Liberals want to shut down anything that's productive.

And some rape.  It isn't an Ayn Rand novel without a little rape.

But rape is okay if he's her ideal archetype!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenkem and Bubble Baths on April 12, 2011, 01:29:49 AM
Ive never read Atlas Shrugged (tl;dr) but I know Ayn Rand was really critical of religion, especially Christianity. How often is that brough up in Atlas Shrugged?

I think Atlas Shrugged is more about how Liberals want to shut down anything that's productive.

Or was it ideological ideal?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 12, 2011, 01:30:23 AM
Quote from: Jenkem and Bubble Baths on April 12, 2011, 01:29:49 AM

Or was it ideological ideal?

Ideal ideological archetype?

Thurnez Isa

It's been about 10 years since I read it (and I have no plans to revisit it ever)
but I do remember it being anti-religious at least to a degree I came out of the book understanding that objectivism was indeed atheistic even without knowing anything about the philosophy previously.
I figure they will cut that part. It's technically not changing any of the dialogue if it isn't even there.
She also rejects families and family values completely. Figure that part might be cut out. Or maybe FreedomWorks actually doesn't realize who inhabits the tea party movement.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Suu

I think GS actually said it best when it came to Ayn Rand:

"That woman was nothing but a self-loathing feminist out to destroy the world that hit her with the ugly stick."
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I guess that explains her rape fantasy fixation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Nigel on April 12, 2011, 01:49:53 AM
I guess that explains her rape fantasy fixation.

He had to read Atlas Shrugged and analyze her as an author. He told me he couldn't even get through the book.  :x
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard

I've been working on a scholarship essay from the Ayn Rand foundation. On the Fountainhead.  :vom:

I got to the rape scene and gave up. Gotta love spark notes.
Insanity we trust.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on April 12, 2011, 02:09:00 AM
I've been working on a scholarship essay from the Ayn Rand foundation. On the Fountainhead.  :vom:

That the one with the $10,000 scholarship?  They had it around when I was in high school.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on April 12, 2011, 02:09:00 AM

I might look in to that. Im pretty good at pretending I agree with bullshit.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Wizard

QuoteThat the one with the $10,000 scholarship?  They had it around when I was in high school.

Yeah, that one.
Insanity we trust.

Luna

April 15th?  Sorry, busy, have to wash my cat.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Luna on April 12, 2011, 04:17:51 AM
April 15th?  Sorry, busy, have to wash my cat and release the infuriated furball into the theater.

Fixed.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Luna

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on April 12, 2011, 04:19:55 AM
Quote from: Luna on April 12, 2011, 04:17:51 AM
April 15th?  Sorry, busy, have to wash my cat and release the infuriated furball into the theater.

Fixed.

I see you've met my cat.   :lulz:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."