News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Anon's social engineering war against Sony

Started by Da6s, April 12, 2011, 07:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on April 27, 2011, 09:54:52 PM
Quote from: Jenne on April 27, 2011, 09:50:12 PM
...it's a shitty excuse for non transparency...

Yeah, from our perspective. But its exactly where most American companies were a decade ago... Gods, Microsoft was among the worst on announcing major vulnerabilities. Maybe its a ummm wall in the Japanese BiP?

I wonder if their BiP is Feng shui compliant?

:lulz:

That just struck me as really funny!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Khara on April 27, 2011, 10:07:22 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on April 27, 2011, 09:54:52 PM
Quote from: Jenne on April 27, 2011, 09:50:12 PM
...it's a shitty excuse for non transparency...

Yeah, from our perspective. But its exactly where most American companies were a decade ago... Gods, Microsoft was among the worst on announcing major vulnerabilities. Maybe its a ummm wall in the Japanese BiP?

I wonder if their BiP is Feng shui compliant?

That just struck me as really funny!

:thanks:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on April 27, 2011, 08:26:43 PM
Yeah, like me... freakin stupid Sony.

Esp since this flies in the face of their claimed security model. They 'claimed' that the cardholder data was stored on a separate server from the PII data (name, address etc) and it was only decryptable via calls from the device it was created from. That somehow they weren't hashing the password is just completely irresponsible.

I am extremely pissed at Sony. The hacker sucks donkey balls for stealing people's data... but good data security would have made this a much smaller mess. Don't even get me started on the huge delay between 'We've been attacked, but your data is safe' to 'Whoops, they got all your data'
:argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:

Well, in all fairness, Sony doesn't give a shit about your privacy or the security of your data.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: SHIBBOLEET THE ANNIHILATOR on April 29, 2011, 06:48:01 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on April 27, 2011, 08:26:43 PM
Yeah, like me... freakin stupid Sony.

Esp since this flies in the face of their claimed security model. They 'claimed' that the cardholder data was stored on a separate server from the PII data (name, address etc) and it was only decryptable via calls from the device it was created from. That somehow they weren't hashing the password is just completely irresponsible.

I am extremely pissed at Sony. The hacker sucks donkey balls for stealing people's data... but good data security would have made this a much smaller mess. Don't even get me started on the huge delay between 'We've been attacked, but your data is safe' to 'Whoops, they got all your data'
:argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:

Well, in all fairness, Sony doesn't give a shit about your privacy or the security of your data.

So it would seem!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Again, I support the hackers on religious grounds.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Whoops, I was speaking an outside dialect.

Religion.  That's what I meant.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 27, 2011, 09:07:11 PM
This is awesome.  Anon is everyone's hero until they get in the way of playing video games.

I know! I'm loving it!!

This too, is the 21st fucking century :lulz:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 12, 2011, 01:53:25 PM
While interesting, I feel that this kind of stuff crosses a line.

Depends on the context.  In this case I think it is going to far.  Used against the financial sector, who really do seem intent on waging an actual war against us, I don't think it would be too far at all.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 29, 2011, 06:55:12 PM
Again, I support the hackers on religious grounds.
I don't because my name address and date of birth were all released to the internet in a text file.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

*GrumpButt*

*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."