News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Missisipi Doesnt Like Black People

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, April 08, 2011, 05:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: E.O.T. on April 09, 2011, 11:49:22 AM
Quote from: Susan on April 08, 2011, 06:36:36 PM
Thurna, you're just not up to speed on American right-wing trends.

The Blacks are the racists, now...Because we can infer from Louis Farrakan that all Blacks hate Whites, and from Jeremiah Wright that all Blacks hate America.

400 years of White domination of Blacks?  Oh, that's all gone.  Especially in hotbeds of forward-thinking types like Mississippi.  And the republican party in general.

I'm 41

the only 450 year olds I know are elves. and neither the black or white elves, have a comment.

Yes, how silly of me.  The past has no bearing on the present at all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prince Glittersnatch III

What Im scared of is that this reversion to dumbfuckery might not be isolated in Mississippi.
What if its reflective of a general surge in the popularity of conservative ideas in general?

I dont want to hear the kid handing me my fries spouting off about the glory of the free market.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Requia ☣

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 10, 2011, 07:57:46 AM
What Im scared of is that this reversion to dumbfuckery might not be isolated in Mississippi.
What if its reflective of a general surge in the popularity of conservative ideas in general?

I dont want to hear the kid handing me my fries spouting off about the glory of the free market.

You're going to hate the next century.   :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

E.O.T.

OK GUYS

i'm thinking in terms of black/ white relations where i walk down the street, mispissispi yeah certainly, has more relevancy in the issue of slavery. i can't say what folks there think about slavery's effect on cultural relations is and i really don't care. i have no plans to go there and plenty of reasons not to. it's the persistence of the media aggravation, and the definition of slavery adhered to the made for t.v. movie which make it an issue between blacks and whites and also, i think possibly more importantly how blacks and whites feel about themselves.

IN A TEXT

discussion about this thread, niggle (HA! I MEANT NIGEL BUT, I'M LETTING THIS VERSION STAY) asked me why whites hate being called white and i was like duh, white guilt, nigga! the fallacy of the "white devil" however, and all of the political/ social conditioning around slavery just falls apart when one actually studies the facts of how the slave trade to north america developed, and who really had slaves in the states and what that meant.

I RESERVE

the idea of being "racist" for pretty specific terms. i assume more than 90% of folks are just totally ignorant of whatever, and to me, this is why democracy kinda sucks. articles like what this thread is centered on are to me, incite-full propaganda. statistics are totally fucked because almost never are enough, nor the right questions put forward. notice the article comes with a built in assurance of accuracy. "don't bother to think, we're telling you this is true."

SEPARATISM

may be what some people want. i think that issue is very complex. the point of this article is stupid, because the feds would squash this in two hot seconds. let mississippi be mississippi. i don't want a mcworld. i don't as an individual, want to politically start moving in a direction of "what we do with people we disagree with".

E.O.T.

lives in the insulated bubble of hyper leftist junkies in pdx, protected by a militant army of idealist hipsters.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 10, 2011, 08:01:33 AM

You're going to hate the next century.   :lulz:

Actually I think it will be fun. Shitting on creationists and Neocons is fun but its too easy. A resurgence in both LOLbretarianism and good ol' fashioned racism would give me plenty of arguments/fist fights(Damn creationists never want to brawl) to have.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 12, 2011, 10:51:41 PM

You're going to hate the next century.   :lulz:

Actually I think it will be fun. Shitting on creationists and Neocons is fun but its too easy. A resurgence in both LOLbretarianism and good ol' fashioned racism would give me plenty of arguments/fist fights(Damn creationists never want to brawl) to have.

my favorites are people who honestly believe that taking a lot of money from people who've earned it, under threat of imprisonment or worse, and somehow magically distributing from a central repository with little to no accountability is somehow the magic bean that grows the stalk that everyone can climb.

Those people actually think that's the panacea that will fix everything.  that gives me the giggles.

It'd be like hyenas to a carcass..  much like it already is, only with more carcass, and lions.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on April 13, 2011, 12:01:07 AM

my favorites are people who honestly believe that taking a lot of money from people who've earned it, under threat of imprisonment or worse, and somehow magically distributing from a central repository
with little to no accountability is somehow the magic bean that grows the stalk that everyone can climb.

Those people actually think that's the panacea that will fix everything.  that gives me the giggles.

It'd be like hyenas to a carcass..  much like it already is, only with more carcass, and lions.

Name one government that has worked in manner different from the bolded text.
And the underlined text is contestable.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 13, 2011, 12:18:48 AM

my favorites are people who honestly believe that taking a lot of money from people who've earned it, under threat of imprisonment or worse, and somehow magically distributing from a central repository
with little to no accountability is somehow the magic bean that grows the stalk that everyone can climb.

It'd be like hyenas to a carcass..  much like it already is, only with more carcass, and lions.

Name one government that has worked in manner different from the bolded text.
And the underlined text is contestable.

granted, that would be the only way it can work.  which is why I'm always amazed at anyone who claims to not be a statist yet doesn't challenge tax laws and actually encourages more of them.

as for the underlined part, I believe the bank bailouts, the billions "lost" in Iraq, and bottomless charge cards you hear about being audited by accountability groups every so often (among other things) all support that.   I'm not saying it's absolute, nothing is.  But it's enough IMO.  

I would even go so far as to propose the idea that ability to account for dollars is inversely proportional to the amount of dollars within the coffers.   Somehow I'd have to work in how many people have their hands IN the coffers..  but it comes again that no one really fucking knows, do they?    

[EDIT]

the bold part is really just me being a dramatic fuck.  I'm in no way saying I could somehow develop a theorem that helps prove this.  My math is good, but it isn't THAT good.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

The Good Reverend Roger

my favorites are people who honestly believe that taking a lot of money from people who've earned it, under threat of imprisonment or worse, and somehow magically distributing from a central repository with little to no accountability is somehow the magic bean that grows the stalk that everyone can climb.

And just who do you think is doing this?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 13, 2011, 01:15:22 AM

It's nothing more than the talk you hear at a bar among friends, or in the public square, where ratings drive the rhetoric.  There is no political capital to seriously raise taxes back to 60's and early 70's levels among either democrats or republicans.  that's because too many of both party above the state level are filthy rich, and their local constituents fill their coffers every election.   I never fail to be amused by democrats who honestly believe the national party actually have concern for lower income people.  They've no more concern than the national republican party.

these people don't give a damn about you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on April 13, 2011, 02:22:10 AM

It's nothing more than the talk you hear at a bar among friends, or in the public square, where ratings drive the rhetoric.  There is no political capital to seriously raise taxes back to 60's and early 70's levels among either democrats or republicans.  that's because too many of both party above the state level are filthy rich, and their local constituents fill their coffers every election.   I never fail to be amused by democrats who honestly believe the national party actually have concern for lower income people.  They've no more concern than the national republican party.

So what?  They never have.  But who elects them?

Look, it's really quite simple...If you want roads and bridges and all the other fucking things that make modern life POSSIBLE, including this very internet, you have to pay for it.  Since corporate America is even more retarded than the government (when there's any distinction at all), and since the constitution demands that the government do things like roads, etc, then the government's going to have to manage it.

Now, I don't know what they're teaching these days, but last I checked, none of this shit is free.  If you care to bitch about HOW your taxes are spent, I'm right there with you...We don't need 12 carrier fleets, let alone the 13th one they're building, and we DO need some of our infrastructure fixed.

But if you're against paying for necessities on principle, then drag your entitled little arse down to Somalia, where they don't do awful shit like that, and let the rest of us get our cheap yuks in, in peace.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 13, 2011, 02:37:38 AM
Quote from: Pickled Starfish on April 13, 2011, 02:22:10 AM

So what?  They never have.  But who elects them?

Look, it's really quite simple...If you want roads and bridges and all the other fucking things that make modern life POSSIBLE, including this very internet, you have to pay for it.  Since corporate America is even more retarded than the government (when there's any distinction at all), and since the constitution demands that the government do things like roads, etc, then the government's going to have to manage it.

Now, I don't know what they're teaching these days, but last I checked, none of this shit is free.  If you care to bitch about HOW your taxes are spent, I'm right there with you...We don't need 12 carrier fleets, let alone the 13th one they're building, and we DO need some of our infrastructure fixed.

But if you're against paying for necessities on principle, then drag your entitled little arse down to Somalia, where they don't do awful shit like that, and let the rest of us get our cheap yuks in, in peace.

The best (or worst...  ) part of this discussion is that we'd probably agree on a lot of things..  I'm not entirely clear on who's brain should hemorrhage more because of that, so I'll just grab a tissue to stop the nose bleed and say this: local roads are built (to my knowledge, at least in my state) using local taxes.  I could be biased on this point as it seems there hasn't been a single side of my city undergoing some form of road expansion or construction, and that's because we voted to increase the local sales tax in order to pay for it.  costs have long since overrun the amount expected to be collected by the tax.  We're just going to eat it in other ways.  I have no problem paying for roads, but things like that should be taken care of at the local level and not dolled out by a congressman who spends maybe 4 months out of 12 actually living in the state.  I'd even pay a toll to use a newer, faster way to whatever side of town I wanted to get, even if that toll went to *gasp* the government.  As long as it was competitively bid, budgeted, and bird dogged for waste and abuse. 

In all fairness, a lot of the major cabling for the internet was already being put in place before local cable TV companies had to come in and start running fiber optics and installing junctions for coax to individual houses to bring us the internet we know today.  Much of this was probably done with heavy government subsidies, something I AM against on principal, but would find it hard to argue considering the benefits it's given us.  Still, make it or break it on your own if you're incorporated.  If you fail to control your costs and go under, someone with better experience will step in and buy your liquidated assets and put them back into use. 

I'm with you on the military size.  absolutely unnecessary IMO.  Shipyards do employ a lot of people though so it's a bit of a catch 22 if the private sector isn't building ships...  Fortunately, quite a few ships are being pumped out of yards at the moment by private entities.

I guess I'm more worried about the insiders clubs that get their buddies sweetheart contracts without bidding out to smaller co.'s that could do the same work for less money. 

And bitch about corporations all you want, they still (for now) employ more people than the government, and by that, give more opportunity to save and build a financial foundation to more people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on April 13, 2011, 03:08:46 AM

The best (or worst...  ) part of this discussion is that we'd probably agree on a lot of things..  I'm not entirely clear on who's brain should hemorrhage more because of that, so I'll just grab a tissue to stop the nose bleed and say this: local roads are built (to my knowledge, at least in my state) using local taxes.  I could be biased on this point as it seems there hasn't been a single side of my city undergoing some form of road expansion or construction, and that's because we voted to increase the local sales tax in order to pay for it.  costs have long since overrun the amount expected to be collected by the tax.  We're just going to eat it in other ways.  I have no problem paying for roads, but things like that should be taken care of at the local level and not dolled out by a congressman who spends maybe 4 months out of 12 actually living in the state.  I'd even pay a toll to use a newer, faster way to whatever side of town I wanted to get, even if that toll went to *gasp* the government.  As long as it was competitively bid, budgeted, and bird dogged for waste and abuse. 

Quote from: US Constitution, article I, Sec 8, clause 7To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

Anywhere the post office goes, the federal government is required to build roads.  Some of this is foisted off on local government, as a matter of convenience, but certainly in the case of federal highways, the federal government is obligated to do this.

In all fairness, a lot of the major cabling for the internet was already being put in place before local cable TV companies had to come in and start running fiber optics and installing junctions for coax to individual houses to bring us the internet we know today.  Much of this was probably done with heavy government subsidies, something I AM against on principal, but would find it hard to argue considering the benefits it's given us.  Still, make it or break it on your own if you're incorporated.  If you fail to control your costs and go under, someone with better experience will step in and buy your liquidated assets and put them back into use. 

Are you against plastics and computers on principle?  Because those were brought to you by the space program, which started out as a military project, and then was run under NASA, part of the executive branch.  The sad fact of the matter is that most innovations are driven by government research...If you look at the output of Argonne and Fermilab alone, there's a hell of a lot more science being done by the government than by corporations.

I guess I'm more worried about the insiders clubs that get their buddies sweetheart contracts without bidding out to smaller co.'s that could do the same work for less money. 

Welcome to all of recorded history.

And bitch about corporations all you want, they still (for now) employ more people than the government, and by that, give more opportunity to save and build a financial foundation to more people.

I work for a large corporation (Big Oil as a matter of fact), and yes they do employ more people, but they are also twice as retarded as the most gin-soaked senator...Because they HAVE to be.  The future of a CEO is dictated by QUARTERLY P&L statements, so he can't think more than 3 months in advance, because if he makes long term decisions that mean short term losses, the stockholders (usually mutual funds) throw him out on his arse, because everyone wants to get rich on their stocks, and they want it NOW.  The entire capitalist system is just as retarded as communism was, it just takes longer to break down.

Jenne

...corporations aren't in it to "save peoples' lives" and protect them...only so far as their bottom line goes.  We've all seen there's an end to that particular rope.  Government should be protecting its own...that's the purpose for government, but not at the cost of "the little people."  Not at the cost of those who can't protect themselves.  Period.

Also, boasting corporations employ more people while bitching about big government is sorta a mixed message, thar.