News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

ATTN: Anime Boston Spags

Started by Suu, April 13, 2011, 07:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Well, Villager and I were talking about coming down for a day in about two weeks, since I forgot about this and was pretty not well off on Friday. I'll repost this bit in the Providence spags thread if you like.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Blight on April 25, 2011, 02:04:58 AM
Well, Villager and I were talking about coming down for a day in about two weeks, since I forgot about this and was pretty not well off on Friday. I'll repost this bit in the Providence spags thread if you like.

Screw that.  Come for a curling lesson this weekend in Bridgewater.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Shit. I forgot about the curling lessons and someone let myself get coerced into hitting Boston Comic Con this coming weekend with the 501st. Fuck.

I'm only going for one day, though, because I can't stand that Anime Boston and BCC are always back to back.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on April 25, 2011, 02:39:12 AM
Shit. I forgot about the curling lessons and someone let myself get coerced into hitting Boston Comic Con this coming weekend with the 501st. Fuck.

I'm only going for one day, though, because I can't stand that Anime Boston and BCC are always back to back.

The same lesson is on the 30th and the 1st, so if you're still down it doesn't matter much which.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Sweet. I'll let you know. I think Richter said he wasn't interested, so it'll be just you and I spagging up the place.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Also, the best quotes of the weekend have to go to Leln on Friday for these two gems:

"Hey, have you seen Jesus? Let us know if you do, we really want to put him up for the night." (While we were dressed as Romans)

"Hey Suu, I got a great way to get more people into your panel. Instead of 'Historical Costuming for Cosplayers', next year you should just call it, 'Tits, Togas, and Truth'."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 25, 2011, 02:16:39 AM

...if the first lesson answers the question, "what the fuck is curling" I might take it under consideration.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Blight on April 25, 2011, 04:42:13 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 25, 2011, 02:16:39 AM

...if the first lesson answers the question, "what the fuck is curling" I might take it under consideration.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

:argh!: IM  JEALOUS I WANT CURLING LESSONS

Nephew Twiddleton

So.... hockey with oversized pucks?

Suu

No, it's curling. It's...well you need to see it to believe it.

Cainad (dec.)

The best introduction to the concept of curling is that one scene in the Beatles "Help".

Suu

Quote from: Cainad on April 25, 2011, 03:20:36 PM
The best introduction to the concept of curling is that one scene in the Beatles "Help".

"Excuse me, White Cliffs of Dover?"

*points*

"Thanks."

Richter

High points:

- Caught up with many folks, made social and all.
- I got to talk with people about armor, how to make it, and generally be an amusing jerk as part of Suu's panel on historical costuming.
- Dressed up as a roman. 
- Tried to find Jesus while being roman, but got mistaken for him several times.  (then reamed out these people for mistaking em for that Galilean reprobate)
- Gave up, and drank with people while Roman and playing Ninja Burger.
- Apparently did horrible things to get through a crowd of weeaboo.
- Death hike to train station with 80 lb's of stuff on my back.  Good workout.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat