News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Are you a Snob?

Started by AFK, April 14, 2011, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

My wife says I'm a snob.  Lovingly of course.  I don't know if I'm really a snob though, maybe I am.  Usually this comes from comments I make about people at work.  I'll admit, I guess maybe, deep down, I have a little Dead Kennedy in me. 

It's not necessarily that I think I'm smarter than everyone else around me.  I mean, everyone brings different things to the table.  But it does kind of annoy me when people who have a blatant lack of experience for a certain job or position, get hired anyway.  And then I have to work with them.  And sometimes they are my boss. 

Any of you spags get this?  Do other people think you are snobby? 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

Who are you that I should respond to?  :evil:

LMNO

Yes.

I was born and raised in an upper-middle-class white family that was intellectually and culturally rigorous.

Because of this, I developed personality traits that conciously or unconciously passed judgement on other people's preferences.

Once I noticed this I did my best to eliminate such douchebagist habits.  But some slivers remain.

Most likely because, unlike when I was younger and simply assumed I was better than most people, these days I know I'm better than most people.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm snobby as hell, on certain issues.

"If it's not about vampires or werewolves, I can't be bothered reading it."
- BMO, I think.

That's why.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Dude.

I'm a goddamn Princess™.

I'm so fucking hoity toity crowds of guidos part for me on Federal Hill.
I'm so fucking regal *I* should be on the cover all those those "Royal Wedding" magazines instead of that annoying English couple. I don't need to get married again, I'm way too fucking good for that shit.
I'm so well-known that when I walk by Mediterraneo's patio now, the guest just look at me and shout in unison, "Look! It's the goddamn industry professional!"
I'm so ridiculously divine, Zeus wants to have MY babies.
I'm so fucking goddamn snobby the brownstones in Back Bay bow to ME.

WTF do you think?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Teabaggers make me snobby, too.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

I think everyone is a snob when it comes to certain things.  I mean, it's a side effect of having distinct tastes about anything at all.  Snobbery goes in both directions, though, and an avowed Bud drinker that thinks higher brow beers are for pussies is just as much a snob as the high brow beer drinker.  I wrote something about that not long ago, actually.

My friends always tease me about having snobby tastes, but it's very infrequent that anyone is actually offended by it to my knowledge.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Dysfunctional Cunt

While I may have fallen on less fortunate financial times, I wasn't raised like this.  I'm terribly stuck up.  Learning to live in the ghetto has been the biggest challege I have ever faced.

The Good Reverend Roger

Democrats also make me snobby, come to think of it.

AFK

It's mostly just work stuff for me.  Probably because when I'm not at work I do my damnedest to avoid the general public.  I just can't understand why, in this shitty economy with everyone and their brother looking for jobs, why we can't hire people who don't need me to explain shit to them that they should already know.  

Or why we are hiring someone with ZERO substance abuse prevention experience to fill a substance abuse prevention position.  What the goddamn fuck is that shit?  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm snobby about people whining. I'm like, please, poor you, it's soooo hard to get up and go to your part-time job while Mommy and Daddy pay your rent.

If people gonna bitch, it better be either entertaining, or something I can actually feel sorry for them about.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on April 14, 2011, 09:05:42 PM
I'm snobby about people whining. I'm like, please, poor you, it's soooo hard to get up and go to your part-time job while Mommy and Daddy pay your rent.

If people gonna bitch, it better be either entertaining, or something I can actually feel sorry for them about.

Oh jesus yes.  I didn't consider that snobby, just intolerance for petty stupid bullshit.  You know, those people who come in to work and sneeze once and have to go home, while you have been puking in your trashcan for two days because you used your sick days with your kids....  You better be fucking dying to whine to me.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I . . . hmm. I don't think I'm actually snobby or feel snobby-ish about anything. I do have a habit of being snarky, sarcastic, and or condescending but that's how my humor runs and I don't -mean- it, that's . . . I don't know, I guess I ate so much of that shit growing up, I just naturally spew it back, now.

I do get bitchy about somethings. Hypocrites (myself included), is the big one. Especially when they are my boss and I cannot smite them with anything other than logic.

While I was writing this, on my patio, two little moths were going opposite directions and happened to meet. They did this whirlwind mini-tornado twirl thing, flew off, and are now fucking on my grill.

Aww, young love. :P

I forget what I was talking about.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Richter

Everyone may be a snob in some way.  I certainly am.  I don't consciously hold an attitude of "I'm better than X" though, just for the purpose of building my up and trying to seem refined though.

I like Khara's comment on living in the ghetto.  Reminds me that the guidelines worth having haven't changed when I've been living next to million dollar seaside houses, city restaurants, or crack dealers.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Khara on April 14, 2011, 09:11:25 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 14, 2011, 09:05:42 PM

Oh jesus yes.  I didn't consider that snobby, just intolerance for petty stupid bullshit.  You know, those people who come in to work and sneeze once and have to go home, while you have been puking in your trashcan for two days because you used your sick days with your kids....  You better be fucking dying to whine to me.

YES!

I don't mind petty venting on boards, but if someone's going to take up my time directly and personally, they better make it fucking GOOD.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."