You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Role Playing Games Theory

Started by Telarus, June 16, 2009, 12:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 23, 2009, 05:00:37 AM
What the FUCK?  RPG theory?

Look, all I want to do is get the refinery out of my head on the weekend by hacking shit up.  Just give me something with a CR that's like 3 too high for my dude, and a big honkin' sword, and that's all I fucking need.  THEORY, MY ASS!  I JUST WANT TO KILL SOMETHING WITH TENTACLES!

Ok, so your Flag is that you want to kill things with tentacles. That's good. We're getting somewhere.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Luna

Quote from: Unqualified on April 08, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Look, all I want to do is get the refinery out of my head on the weekend by hacking shit up.  Just give me something with a CR that's like 3 too high for my dude, and a big honkin' sword, and that's all I fucking need.  THEORY, MY ASS!  I JUST WANT TO KILL SOMETHING WITH TENTACLES!

Ok, so your Flag is that you want to kill things with tentacles. That's good. We're getting somewhere.

Straight up hack and slash campaign, then, that's easy.   :lulz:  THOSE I can just about run without notes, with a system I'm comfortable with.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on June 23, 2009, 07:10:32 PM

Theory is more for people like me who design the damned systems.

It's taken me two years to see this, but it still made me laugh.

Guess what I was doing from 1999-2003, Requia?  Take a fucking guess.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2011, 06:23:00 PM

:lulz:

Betcha I know. 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on April 08, 2011, 06:29:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2011, 06:23:00 PM

Betcha I know. 

"ROGER, YOU JUST LEAVE THE THEORY TO SMART PEOPLE LIKE ME!"

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Wyldkat

Lots of good info in this thread.  I got a lot of ideas, but need some time to digest it all!