News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Hummm.. apparently Canadians are really friendly

Started by Thurnez Isa, April 16, 2011, 08:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

http://ca.travel.yahoo.com/guides/Other/995/the-worlds-friendliest-countries

Forbes rankings for worlds most friendly countries (I don't know how they came up with this)

1) Canada
2) Bermuda
3) South Africa
4) The United States
5) Australia

Seriously you EuroSpags... why are you all assholes?!?!
:argh!:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Slyph

Where I come from " 'med then " is a complete sentence.

East Coast Hustle

the article makes it seem as though the "ease of learning the local language" and "ability to befriend locals" categories are heavily weighted, so naturally the expats who are reading an english-language magazine targeted at a high-income demographic are going to overwhelmingly prefer english-speaking countries.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Thurnez Isa

QuoteForbes looked at the results of HSBC Bank International's Expat Explorer survey in four categories: ability to befriend locals, success in learning the local language, capacity for integrating themselves into the community, and ease in which they fit into the new culture.

I have no idea how they judged any of these. Personally I think its complete bullshit..
or the common greeting in Britain is a kick to the nuts.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Slyph

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 16, 2011, 09:21:16 PM
QuoteForbes looked at the results of HSBC Bank International's Expat Explorer survey in four categories: ability to befriend locals, success in learning the local language, capacity for integrating themselves into the community, and ease in which they fit into the new culture.

I have no idea how they judged any of these. Personally I think its complete bullshit..
or the common greeting in Britain is a kick to the nuts.

Greeting no, Foreplay yes.

Suu

I'm assuming that when they mean Canada, they forgot to include Quebec.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."