News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

We Invade your Privacy for your Security

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, April 18, 2011, 12:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

QuoteWithin weeks and possibly days, President Obama is likely to sign into law a bill that will bring unmanned aerial vehicles - drones - into US general airspace, crisscrossing the country in company with passenger planes and other human-carrying aircraft.

"We're already flying UAVs in airspace all over the world. Now we need to open the skies for them at home to make our nation more secure, our communities safer and our economy more dynamic, creating jobs and opportunities in our country. If we don't you can be sure other nations will."

http://www.truth-out.org/lobbying-report-drones-fly-through-congress-enter-us-skies/1302937200
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Whaaaaat

This can't possibly be a good idea.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Succulent Plant

I know a group of ultra-conservative christians that are working on building huts in a western mountain range that are designed to not be detectable by drones.   :roll:

I don't like the idea of unmanned drones flyin over my lawn.. but I dislike it in an apathetic "that's fucked up... oh look they're shiny!" kind of way.

Edited to fix a typo.

Chairman Risus

I'm having trouble seeing how much good this will really accomplish. Can someone help me and play devil's advocate?

Pæs

I get a mental picture of oprahbees.gif, only with Obama and robots.
Somebody make that.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Risus on April 18, 2011, 02:01:19 AM
I'm having trouble seeing how much good this will really accomplish. Can someone help me and play devil's advocate?

What it will do is put a lot of money in the pockets of the people who make these things.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

BabylonHoruv

Britain has been using them for a while.  I guess Obama felt left out.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Juana

Quote from: Risus on April 18, 2011, 02:01:19 AM
It's just one more little thing on an ever-lengthening list of privacy. You never know when the eye of the state is on you (not that you didn't before, but nevertheless).
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Elder Iptuous

Gahh!
:argh!:
wtf is this shit....
i'm ashamed of the company i work for (it's on the list of contributors lobbying for this shit according to the article.)  i need a new job.

Laughin Jude

The real question is what the punishment for shooting them down is going to be.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Succulent Plant

Quote from: Laughin Jude on April 18, 2011, 05:31:12 AM
The real question is what the punishment for shooting them down is going to be.

:lulz:   

GIT OFF MAH LAWN's airspace.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Y'all laugh but it is a valid question.  It is your property, do you not own the airspace above it?  I mean you own the mineral/water rights below it.  

edited because I cannot spell...  :argh!:

LMNO

I think that after a certain height, it falls under the FAA.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 18, 2011, 03:03:40 PM
I think that after a certain height, it falls under the FAA.

So can one argue that anything under that is fair game? 

Or the ever popular, I thought it was a duck/pheasant/dove/turkey and it answered my duck/pheasant/dove/turkey call.....  ???