News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Skinless Longganisa (Phillipine breakfast sausage)

Started by Slyph, April 21, 2011, 03:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slyph

http://homecookingrocks.com/skinless-longganisa/

500 g. of ground lean pork
3 tbsps. of finely minced garlic
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsps. of tomato paste
2 tbsps. of rice vinegar
2 tbsps. of soy paste Note:(Miso)
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of pepper
4 tbsps. of dark brown sugar
1 tbsp. of fine unsweetened bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 c. of cooking oil
12-15 pcs. of kitchen wax paper, 6″ x 6″ in size

- Mix together all the ingredients except the cooking oil and the wax paper. (NOTE: You get a really nice uniform sausagey texture by employing a potato-masher. If you're using a pack of fatty ass pork from the Supermarket like what I used, do this. If you're using halfway decent pork from a butcher, don't. In the latter case you'll gain from the texture, in the former, shit's already been high pressure hosed off the bones anyway, so you're just completing the process)

Divide into 12 to 15 portions, depending on the size you prefer. Form each portion into a log about 1″ to 1-1/3″ thick. Place on a piece of wax paper and roll firmly and as tightly as you can. Repeat for the remaining portions. Stack on a covered container and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

Heat the cooking oil in a wide skillet or wok until it starts to smoke. Fry the longganisa in hot oil until browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve with fried eggs and garlic fried rice.

To make the garlic fried rice :

Drain the oil from the skillet or wok where the longganisa has been cooked until only about 2 tablespoonfuls remain. Gently fry about a tablespoonful of minced garlic in the oil until light brown in color. Add about 5 cups of cold cooked rice (mashed to separate the grains). Season with salt and steak sauce. Cook, tossing, until the rice is heated through.

(NOTE: Brits, Steak sauce is pretty much HP sauce.)

My friend stole my camera and I had to use my laptop's inbuilt camera. This is what I would assume it would look like if you had cataracts.

And this is what it looks like on the website.

Shit's delicious. Err on the side of burning with this.

Slyph

Also, where it says "fry the garlic"? burn the garlic. It sounds wrong, it goes against every instinct you might have as a chef, but burnt garlic is a staple flavour in Pinoy cuisine. Burrrrn itttt