News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

CA bill to ban non-veterinary equine practitioners

Started by Dysnomia, April 21, 2011, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysnomia

My career might be over before it really starts.  All of you who know me know how hard I've worked for this, and I was going to keep moving up the levels of certification, take courses taught by top equine veterinarians, and eventually become one of the few Master Equine Body Workers in the world.   :|

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0651-0700/sb_697_bill_20110218_introduced.pdf

is the bill itself.  I've already emailed my opinions to my representatives.  In certain parts of the country anything that provides relief to a horse needs to be done by a DVM.  So there, I can't scratch my horse's itch without my DVM because that provides relief...
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Jenne

Yeah, there's another bill out there, I've not looked it up but just heard about it yesterday, that would seek to tear down the hard work my husband and his clinics have been doing in putting pediatric clinics in schools.  CA legislation is all kinds of fucked up right now.  I forsee a LOT of fucking lawsuits down the pike.

And that's just what we DON'T need in our already-needing-liquid-plumber of a legal system in this state:  MORE GODDAMNED LAWSUITS--just because our legislature is full of assholes.

HEY CALIFORNIA, QUIT FUCKING VOTING FOR ASSHOLES!

Dysnomia

THIS

I have NO idea what I am going to do if this passes because my career will be over and I will have wasted all this time when I could have been pursuing something else.  The kicker is, I passed up college because I prefer to learn on my own, and every time I take a class I start out great then everything falls apart.  Not that I could get into a college anywhere with the grades I got in high school because I didn't give a shit about doing any of the work.  Aced all of the tests, but never did any homework because I was busy working through highschool to pay for my horses, and didn't give a shit.   :|  But now I have finally found something I am good at, and enjoy enough to really work at and it's about to get flushed down the toilet.

Maybe I could look into farrier school if this passes.  We always need more of those, but I could say goodbye to my back ever working properly again. 

OR I could live the american dream and be someones goddamned trophy wife.  YIPPEE!   :| :| :|

Dysfunctional Cunt

I'm confused, I thought you were working on your trainer's license/certificate. 

Dysnomia

I am a certified Equine Body worker.  Which is like a sports massage therapist for horses.  My career is just starting, but I have been wanting to go back and get additional certifications, even though most people stop at EBW.  However there are EBW2 classes, which require a few courses, all with externships, and then there are Master EBW courses, and there are less than 20 in the world. When I was in my class IIRC our instructor said there were around 14. 

LMNO

Take the classes, move out of CA -- or if necessary, the US.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Dysnomia on April 21, 2011, 08:00:50 PM
I am a certified Equine Body worker.  Which is like a sports massage therapist for horses.  My career is just starting, but I have been wanting to go back and get additional certifications, even though most people stop at EBW.  However there are EBW2 classes, which require a few courses, all with externships, and then there are Master EBW courses, and there are less than 20 in the world. When I was in my class IIRC our instructor said there were around 14. 

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 21, 2011, 08:02:49 PM

Yeah this was my thought, either Kentucky, Virginia or maybe Northern Florida.

Don Coyote

Jenne

...you never know, those states might have even harsher/more restrictive laws.

Usually, certification in CA for just about any fucking thing can get you any fucking where, however.  But that's a generalization I'm making based on JD and MD licensing/degrees.

Jenne

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on April 21, 2011, 08:11:58 PM
Wow, fuck CA. I hope it doesn't get passed.

We have quite a lot to answer for, Coyote.  Eighth largest economy in the world notwitstanding, this place is just hell in a handbasket incarnate... /pessimistic today

Don Coyote

Quote from: Jenne on April 21, 2011, 08:13:16 PM
Quote from: Canis latrans securis on April 21, 2011, 08:11:58 PM
Wow, fuck CA. I hope it doesn't get passed.

We have quite a lot to answer for, Coyote.  Eighth largest economy in the world notwitstanding, this place is just hell in a handbasket incarnate... /pessimistic today

CA seems hellbent on stacking more shit up to encourage me to not back. :|

FUCKING MURRKA AND KALIFORNIA!!!!!!:crankey:

East Coast Hustle

California is a lost cause. I hope it sinks into the Pacific sooner rather than later (while Jenne and Lizzay are on vacation somewhere else) so those nice folks in Nevada and Arizona can have a chance to become civilized coastal people.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 21, 2011, 08:02:49 PM

Agreed.

While I don't do bodywork for (non-human) animals, I do think there's a definite need for it. I know 'horse' people who always tell me how great it is that they can get bodywork. Take classes, find other states with horses in need and less legislative BS.

Stay in the game and remind yourself that the skills you've learned to date are useful and worthy of your time/effort.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Luna

Call newspapers.  Spread the word that the legislature is attempting to unemploy a segment of the population...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mangrove

Do Equine Body Workers have some type of professional body/advocacy group?
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.