News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Tea Party targets catholics

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, April 23, 2011, 12:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.cutwi.com/index.htm

QuoteCatholic Friends:

The attached article by Father Sirico is worth reading if you think all Catholic leaders have gone mad:

QUOTE: "Here's the question Catholics need to ask themselves: Are the unions I support of the same type that are idealized in Catholic social teaching? Or have they changed to the point where they are unions in name only but actually just political machines for coercing workers and extracting money through the political process?"

Only one bishop (Bishop Morlino) has touched on this issue. The rest seem to be stuck in a time warp.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/117107333.html

Keep the Faith,

Jerry

The whole site is dedicated to destroying the notion of social justice which has permeated the church for years.

It also has some kind of beef with community organizers. 

QuoteC.U.T.  NOTE:
This is not JUST a Catholic Problem!
All of Wisconsin's Churches need to be protected from Chicago-Style Community Organizers!

DO HO HO HO  :lulz:

QuoteWalid Shoebat
Former PLO Terrorist Now Speaks Out for USA and Israel

How is Walid Shoebat still around? Are there any anti-fraud laws in Israel?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Targeting the Catholic demo is suicide. As a former Catholic, I know that we would sit around hating ourselves, waiting for god to give us something we were allowed to hate more than ourselves... Namely something providing the "help! I'm being oppressed!" Excuse to violently lash out.

Believe you me, the IRA would be happy to divert what they were going to unleash on the royals to the states, If need be.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Juana

I dunno about lashing out (also an ex-Catholic...that makes like six or seven of us that I can think of), but yeah, suicide. (Older) Catholics kind of have a persecution complex from what I've observed and they'll latch on to this and scream and scream and Tea Baggers will loose any and all Catholic votes, if it gets big enough.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Tea Party seems intent on marginalizing itself out of existence, and I'm delighted to watch them do it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I admit I'm a little bit too drunk to know what's happening here, but I'l chime in in the hopes that I do understand.

As a former Catholic living in Boston, where a lot of Catholics and former Catholics live, most of us would never support the Tea Party.

It's odd. It's very odd. Catholicism is very conservative, but, we (I say we because even us former Catholics never shake it completely) are blue blue blue. Blue collar, blue voting, unless of course, it happens to be a Catholic who... no, I lost that thought completely. Here in Massachusetts, if you are Catholic, chances are you are Democrat. If you are Republican, chances are you are both an aberration and also socially liberal but fiscally conservative. There is a reason that in a prez general election MA is always blue. Hell, one election we were the only blue state out of 50.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Nigel on April 23, 2011, 04:32:13 AM
The Tea Party seems intent on marginalizing itself out of existence, and I'm delighted to watch them do it.

I love how half backed this whole effort is. They think that if they put a Catholic spin on their JesusTM=Libretarianism rationalization it will work.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 23, 2011, 06:54:17 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 23, 2011, 04:32:13 AM

I love how half backed this whole effort is. They think that if they put a Catholic spin on their JesusTM=Libretarianism rationalization it will work.

Deleted whole fucking thought on grounds of being very drunk former Catholic who has to go on TV for his band tomorrow. Tghere was more to that, but again, very drunk. Going to piss, smoke and pass out.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Thurnez Isa

http://www.publicreligion.org/research/?id=554

First of all
How the fuck can the Democrats be so fucking stupid that they don't jump on this opportunity?

QuoteMore than 6-in-10 (62%) Americans believe that one of the biggest problems in this country is that more and more wealth is held by just a few people. About 1-in-4 (24%) say that this is not that big a problem.

* Young people (age 18 - 34) are significantly more likely than older Americans (age 65+) to believe that one of the biggest problems in the country is that more and more of the wealth is held by just a few people (71% to 56%).
    * Among white evangelical Protestants, 55% say that one of the biggest problems in the country is that more and more of the wealth is held by just a few people compared to three-quarters (75%) of Americans with no religious affiliation. Nearly one-third (32%) of white evangelical Protestants say that this is not that big a problem.
    * Three-quarters of Democrats and even a plurality (47%) of Republicans say that one of the biggest problems in the country is that more and more of the wealth is held by just a few people.  Those identifying with the Tea Party are evenly divided on this question (41% not that big a problem, 40% one of the biggest problems).
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante