News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

A sample of what the board in Texas wants for science classes

Started by Thurnez Isa, April 26, 2011, 06:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Elder Iptuous

DFW has shit tons of restaurants.
highest per capita in the nation.  And, although we certainly do have a disproportionate amount of that greatest ambrosia known as Texmex, we have every known variety of cuisine easily within rascal scooter range of every citizen.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on April 26, 2011, 07:39:11 PM
highest per capita in the nation.  And, although we certainly do have a disproportionate amount of that greatest ambrosia known as Texmex, we have every known variety of cuisine easily within rascal scooter range of every citizen.

Peruvian?  Because Peruvian kicks much ass.

Arabic?  I loves me some Arabic.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 26, 2011, 07:40:28 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on April 26, 2011, 07:39:11 PM

Peruvian?  Because Peruvian kicks much ass.

Arabic?  I loves me some Arabic.

You do? Oooohhh... I'ma try making some next month.

Jenne

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on April 26, 2011, 07:32:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 26, 2011, 07:28:27 PM
Quote from: Jenne on April 26, 2011, 07:27:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 26, 2011, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on April 26, 2011, 06:38:20 PM
thank you, Freeky.
:)

It's not my fault you live in Texas.  It's like Arizona, with all the horror and none of the mirth.

...better food...

Balls.  They have steakhouses and Texmex crap.  I have more than 57 different cuisines to choose from, and not from chain-restaurants.

For certain.  We're a veritable Mecca of cuisine, fuck all knows why.  But hey, who wants to look a gifthorse in the mouth?

Hm...THAT would not be my particular estimation of AZ...:lol: 

But yeah, I thought the food in Texas was pretty damned awesome, all told.

But then, I'm a huge fan of that "Tex Mex" crap.  :lulz:

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on April 26, 2011, 07:49:05 PM
thank you, Freeky.

It's not my fault you live in Texas.  It's like Arizona, with all the horror and none of the mirth.

...better food...

Balls.  They have steakhouses and Texmex crap.  I have more than 57 different cuisines to choose from, and not from chain-restaurants.

For certain.  We're a veritable Mecca of cuisine, fuck all knows why.  But hey, who wants to look a gifthorse in the mouth?

Yo. I love cooking Tex-Mex. Sadly, my diet doesn't allow it now.

Elder Iptuous

within Rascal Scooter distance, i know of 3 Arabic Restaurants. (Narah Cafe, Al Hamra restaurant, Beirut Rock Cafe)
and although El Tumi (peruvian Restaurant is a bit over 10 miles away from me right now), there's a latin fusion place down the street that has some peruvian stuff. (i cant remember what it's called.)

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Charley Brown on April 26, 2011, 07:50:24 PM
Quote from: Jenne on April 26, 2011, 07:49:05 PM
thank you, Freeky.

...better food...

Yo. I love cooking Tex-Mex. Sadly, my diet doesn't allow it now.

??? Why ??? Most Tex-mex is just a take off on mexican which is actually very very healthy. 

LMNO

It's my understanding that the "Tex" part of it holds the majority of the fats.  The "Mex" part uses a lot of lard though.  Which could be substituted with EVOO, I suppose.

If you had the inclination, you could research traditional Mexican dishes, that use spices and herbs for flavor, rather than salt and fats.

Freeky

I know of the following types of cuisine, just driving past and around the city:

Arabic
Thai
Greek
Ethiopian (OMG ETHIOPIAN)
Japanese (not including Sushi)
Sushi
Chinese
Korean (House of Korea, I've met the owner. He's like a 70-some fat old Korean dude from Korea, very nice, good with kids)
Portuguese
Spanish
Mexican (REAL mexican food)
French
Pastry
Chicago
Indian

And those are just off the top of my head.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 26, 2011, 07:55:08 PM
It's my understanding that the "Tex" part of it holds the majority of the fats.  The "Mex" part uses a lot of lard though.  Which could be substituted with EVOO, I suppose.

If you had the inclination, you could research traditional Mexican dishes, that use spices and herbs for flavor, rather than salt and fats.

I bake most of what us traditionally fried including empanadas.  And you are probably right LMNO, I don't make tex-mex it's pretty standard mexican and guatemalan ghetto food.  :sad:

I will share any and all recipes Charley!!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Columbus has a pretty nice variety too... I'm particularly fond of the Vietnamese, Thai and Persian places near my house.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Adios

Quote from: Khara on April 26, 2011, 08:21:26 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 26, 2011, 07:55:08 PM

I bake most of what us traditionally fried including empanadas.  And you are probably right LMNO, I don't make tex-mex it's pretty standard mexican and guatemalan ghetto food.  :sad:

I will share any and all recipes Charley!!

I will start a thread in recipes.