Main Menu

"The Benefits of Madness"

Started by Jasper, April 26, 2011, 07:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 09, 2011, 09:19:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 09:14:49 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on May 09, 2011, 09:13:49 PM
Heh.  I have sometimes had the thought that "I am not my brain, and my brain is not necessarily my friend."

I AM my brain, and I can't stand sharing a skull with myself.

TGRR,
Off to see about a trepaning.

Are you though?  I mean, psychologically maybe, but artefacts of you exist in other people's heads, and in the artefacts that you leave behind.  On this forum, for example.  

At least, that's how I look at it.  When people tell me they hear my voice in their head, I consider that almost as "me" as when I personally talk, because it's just an independent impression of myself in the world.  Like if there was a virtual sigmatic on some computer, I'd also consider that "me".

I take a pretty broad view of ego and mind, though.

:wank:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on May 10, 2011, 01:55:08 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 10, 2011, 01:53:06 AM
Fixed that for ya.

hahahahahaha! Oh  my god.

I can't believe we didn't have a wank emote.

Now I need "wanker".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Do we have :pedant:?

A picture of Requia, maybe?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on May 10, 2011, 02:05:52 AM

Pretty sure Requia has never posted a pic.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 10, 2011, 02:11:04 AM
Quote from: Nigel on May 10, 2011, 02:05:52 AM

Pretty sure Requia has never posted a pic.

Yeah, actually I've noticed that. She's too busy being wrong to post pics.

Jasper

This is why I generally avoid talking about it.  I'll go back to doing that. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 10, 2011, 03:37:54 AM
This is why I generally avoid talking about it.  I'll go back to doing that. 

There's no reason to quit now.