News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

You've gone too far, eh?

Started by Hoser McRhizzy, April 26, 2011, 10:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: ch3mist on April 28, 2011, 04:58:21 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on April 28, 2011, 04:51:49 PM
Quote from: ch3mist on April 28, 2011, 04:50:13 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2011, 04:43:10 PM
Quote from: ch3mist on April 28, 2011, 04:04:19 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 27, 2011, 12:48:53 AM
...irreplaceable hydrocarbons...

No such thing.

Yes, yes, we know.  Baby Jesus puts more oil in the ground while we're sleeping.   :lulz:

Silly hippie.

Yes, I call a duck a duck because I'm an Xtian Wookie...

Say what?

The Rev's insinuation was that my view is the result of Christian faith or hippie foolishness. It is not.

Right, because surely whenever the Good Reverend references the baby jesus, he means you are a christian.

Lurk more.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on April 28, 2011, 05:01:44 PM

No such thing.

Yes, yes, we know.  Baby Jesus puts more oil in the ground while we're sleeping.   :lulz:

Silly hippie.

Say what?

The Rev's insinuation was that my view is the result of Christian faith or hippie foolishness. It is not.

Right, because surely whenever the Good Reverend references the baby jesus, he means you are a christian.

Lurk more.

You know, at first I was thinking Poptard.  But Poptard is actually fairly smart, if insane, and I don't think he could act down to this level.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2011, 05:02:56 PM

No such thing.

Silly hippie.

Say what?

Lurk more.

You know, at first I was thinking Poptard.  But Poptard is actually fairly smart, if insane, and I don't think he could act down to this level.

Look back through this person's posts... the constant repetition is a famous Poptart mark of authenticity.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

ch3mist

Lurk more.

Wouldn't faith in a baby Jesus with miraculous powers make a person a christian of sorts?
<\       />
>_ \   / _<
</\^^^/\>
{<0\./0>}
\ ) ( /
~(o:o)~
{!^!}
\_/

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ch3mist on April 28, 2011, 05:09:08 PM

Lurk more.

Wouldn't faith in a baby Jesus with miraculous powers make a person a christian of sorts?

That would depend on which Jesus you're talking about, wouldn't it?

So tell me, then...Where is the infinite supply of hydrocarbons?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

Lurk more.

Perhaps.

Or perhaps the person mentioning the Baby Jesus used it as an amusing placeholder for all fictional wish-granters.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on April 28, 2011, 05:10:44 PM

Lurk more.

Perhaps.

Or perhaps the person mentioning the Baby Jesus used it as an amusing placeholder for all fictional wish-granters.

Actually, I was talking about the Pent version.  You know, the one that will KILL YOU WITH ONE PUNCH.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2011, 05:14:41 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on April 28, 2011, 05:10:44 PM

Lurk more.

Perhaps.

Actually, I was talking about the Pent version.  You know, the one that will KILL YOU WITH ONE PUNCH.

That's why the Baby Jesus no crying he makes.  It's a warning.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

ch3mist

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2011, 05:10:32 PM

While there probably is an infinite supply of hydrocarbons, that's not what I said.

I said that there is no such thing as an irreplaceable hydrocarbon. And there isn't.

Hydrocarbons with a large degree of polymerization made from simpler hydrocarbons can be thermally depolymerized.

Simple hydrocarbons can be polymerized into larger hydrocarbons.

The combustion byproducts of hydrocarbons can be used as precursors for the synthesis of hydrocarbons.
<\       />
>_ \   / _<
</\^^^/\>
{<0\./0>}
\ ) ( /
{!^!}
\_/

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ch3mist on April 28, 2011, 05:51:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2011, 05:10:32 PM

While there probably is an infinite supply of hydrocarbons, that's not what I said.

I said that there is no such thing as an irreplaceable hydrocarbon. And there isn't.

Hydrocarbons with a large degree of polymerization made from simpler hydrocarbons can be thermally depolymerized.

Simple hydrocarbons can be polymerized into larger hydrocarbons.

The combustion byproducts of hydrocarbons can be used as precursors for the synthesis of hydrocarbons.

And the energy required to do all of this comes from where?  Or do they just change in the full moon?

Jesus Christ, "Ch3mist", we already have two pedantic twats.  Pull your head out of your arse.

TGRR,
Knows precisely how much energy that takes, as he runs the maintenance department for a chemical refinery.

Freeky

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2011, 05:55:06 PM
And the energy required to do all of this comes from where?  Or do they just change in the full moon?

Some day, some genius will come up with a generator that runs on stupid.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on April 28, 2011, 06:01:03 PM

Some day, some genius will come up with a generator that runs on stupid.

Well, technically, he's right...In that some of our refineries turn coal into gasoline, or make pure alcohol using Aluminum (You also get a shit ton of alumina).

But saying that you can easily replace oil in quantity, for example, just by refining is utter shit.  Our coal - gas plants can't actually turn a profit unless oil goes over $100/bbl...And it pollutes like a mad bastard.

So while it CAN be done to some scale, pretending that all the oil we're using is replaceable is either pedantry on the level of Requia, or rather lame trolling.

ch3mist

Jesus Christ, "Ch3mist", we already have two pedantic twats.  Pull your head out of your arse.

TGRR,
Knows precisely how much energy that takes, as he runs the maintenance department for a chemical refinery.

A discussion about the energy efficiency of these processes is confusing possibility with practicality.

Ideally, the energy comes from the sun. More realistically, but still beneficially, using acid dehydration and transition metal catalysts the transformation of CO2 to hydrocarbons would be powered with recycled waste heat from industrial processes.

So I guess now you have three of us, but as much as I'm a pedantic twat and you're a dismissive cunt.
<\       />
>_ \   / _<
</\^^^/\>
{<0\./0>}
\ ) ( /
{!^!}
\_/

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ch3mist on April 28, 2011, 06:06:42 PM

A discussion about the energy efficiency of these processes is confusing possibility with practicality.

Right.  So a pedantic fuckwit.