News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

First Responders must clear terrorist list

Started by Adios, May 01, 2011, 08:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

A provision in the new 9/11 health bill may be adding insult to injury for people who fell sick after their service in the aftermath of the 2001 Al Qaeda attacks, The Huffington Post has learned.

The tens of thousands of cops, firefighters, construction workers and others who survived the worst terrorist assault in U.S. history and risked their lives in its wake will soon be informed that their names must be run through the FBI's terrorism watch list, according to a letter obtained by HuffPost.

Any of the responders who are not compared to the database of suspected terrorists would be barred from getting treatment for the numerous, worsening ailments that the James Zadroga 9/11 Health And Compensation Law was passed to address.

It's a requirement that was tacked onto the law during the bitter debates over it last year.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/911-responders-screened-for-terror-ties_n_852198.html

I can't believe this slipped under my radar. This is as disgusting as it gets IMO.

Jasper

Oh cool.  Because this won't make everyone think twice about putting their life on the line for people in need.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

:crankey:

I cannot adequately verbalize my ire at this moment.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Adios

Evidence of how your elected officials really care!

Mangrove

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 01, 2011, 08:25:24 PM
A provision in the new 9/11 health bill may be adding insult to injury for people who fell sick after their service in the aftermath of the 2001 Al Qaeda attacks, The Huffington Post has learned.

The tens of thousands of cops, firefighters, construction workers and others who survived the worst terrorist assault in U.S. history and risked their lives in its wake will soon be informed that their names must be run through the FBI's terrorism watch list, according to a letter obtained by HuffPost.

Any of the responders who are not compared to the database of suspected terrorists would be barred from getting treatment for the numerous, worsening ailments that the James Zadroga 9/11 Health And Compensation Law was passed to address.

It's a requirement that was tacked onto the law during the bitter debates over it last year.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/911-responders-screened-for-terror-ties_n_852198.html

I can't believe this slipped under my radar. This is as disgusting as it gets IMO.

The [ahem] 'logic' of this blows my mind.

Responder1: WTF!!! The fucking WTC is hit. Suit up boys, I'm going in!!
Responder 2: Whoah...wait a minute. What if 10 years from now, people will think we were responsible?
Resp1: What?? Of course I'm not responsible. I'm a fucking ambulance driver, I'm supposed to help injured people! I don't even know who IS responsible. All I know is that we need to move NOW!!
Resp2: Let's wait a bit.
Resp1: We can't wait. Time is of the essence. Besides, if we drag our heels people might think we were involved.
Resp2: But if we leave now and get there in the thick of things, people might think we're trying too hard to 'blend in'.
Resp1: Fuck this. I'm going....[drives off, inhales two lungs worth of debris and a large helping of psycho-emotional trauma]

Meanwhile....

Politician: Wow, that Resp1 is one sketchy dude. The gall of the man asking for medical treatment costs on the basis that doing his job in a national crisis ruined his health for a whole decade. What if he was in AL QAEDA?!!!!  :eek: I better call the feds....

There's just not enough  :argh!:

No doubt, this piece of crap tacked on to the end of the Bill was included by some asshole with a 'support our troops' sticker.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Adios

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Dear Mr. Stearns,

The terrorists have won. Thanks for your help. We couldn't have done it without you and all the people like you. See you next jihad!

Love and kisses,

Al Queda.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 01, 2011, 09:41:42 PM
Dear Mr. Stearns,

The terrorists have won. Thanks for your help. We couldn't have done it without you and all the people like you. See you next jihad!

Love and kisses,

Al Queda.
We have met the enemy and he is state reps.
Sorry, Pogo.   
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

President Television

The real horrormirth, of course, lies in the fact that shit like this goes on and the anarchists complain about taxes.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

PopeTom

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!