News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

OSAMA BIN LADEN CONFIRMED DEAD.

Started by Suu, May 02, 2011, 03:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 02, 2011, 05:43:45 PM
Rumsfeld is now saying the information "may have come from Gitmo".

:lulz:

Because OBL has obviously been hiding in the same place for 9 years.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2011, 09:39:02 AM
That's probably the least of the stupidity that is going to be coming down the line in the next few weeks.

Urgh, I feel another holiday from the news coming on...good thing I may be starting a new job and looking at doing some serious writing.  Stop me watching the TV.

Get rid of your cable/satellite. I did and I don't miss it one bit.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 02, 2011, 05:43:45 PM
Rumsfeld is now saying the information "may have come from Gitmo".

:lulz:

Because OBL has obviously been hiding in the same place for 9 years.

I think he had a tent there for the first four years until they built the compound :D
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

I suspect the Al-Qaeda network is too diffuse and fractured to mount any big attacks.

However, they may just step up suicide bombing attempts instead.  Those are cheap and easy.  On the other hand, it doesn't really keep in step with their image as the Scary Terrorist Organisation That Does Spectacular Attacks.  Any idiot can pull off a suicide bombing, after all.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2011, 05:48:46 PM
I suspect the Al-Qaeda network is too diffuse and fractured to mount any big attacks.

However, they may just step up suicide bombing attempts instead.  Those are cheap and easy.  On the other hand, it doesn't really keep in step with their image as the Scary Terrorist Organisation That Does Spectacular Attacks.  Any idiot can pull off a suicide bombing, after all.

Except on New Years Eve.  :lulz:

Cain

Quote from: SHIBBOLEET THE ANNIHILATOR on May 02, 2011, 05:47:25 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2011, 09:39:02 AM
That's probably the least of the stupidity that is going to be coming down the line in the next few weeks.

Urgh, I feel another holiday from the news coming on...good thing I may be starting a new job and looking at doing some serious writing.  Stop me watching the TV.

Get rid of your cable/satellite. I did and I don't miss it one bit.

I did, and also didn't miss it.

But digital TV in the UK is required, if you want to have a TV (they're switching the analog off, this year) and comes with BBC News 24, Sky News, CNN, Al-jazeera, Russia Today and a couple of other news stations automatically.

Adios

Thurnez Isa

Is it wrong that I keep thinking "wow Osama must have been really good at hide and seek when he was kid"?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Adios

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 02, 2011, 06:33:06 PM
Is it wrong that I keep thinking "wow Osama must have been really good at hide and seek when he was kid"?

I'm not a big conspiracy nut, but I have felt for some time that the Bush regime needed a boogeyman much more than they needed a confirmed kill.

Luna

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 02, 2011, 06:36:18 PM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 02, 2011, 06:33:06 PM

I'm not a big conspiracy nut, but I have felt for some time that the Bush regime needed a boogeyman much more than they needed a confirmed kill.

Entirely possible.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Too bad Obama couldn't have pulled this off within the first year of his term.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 02, 2011, 06:54:24 PM

Yeah, well, hide and seek in the back yard is one thing.  The whole planet, with another country apparently running interference?  Gonna take a little longer.

Bush had 7 years, and couldn't do it.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Quote from: Luna on May 02, 2011, 06:56:41 PM

Yeah, well, hide and seek in the back yard is one thing.  The whole planet, with another country apparently running interference?  Gonna take a little longer.

Couldn't? Or wouldn't?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 02, 2011, 06:57:50 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 02, 2011, 06:56:41 PM

Couldn't? Or wouldn't?

I was under the impression that Bush's family was friends with the Bin Laden family - not necessarily Osama, but his father or one of his 25 brothers or something. Whoever controls the oil side of the Bin Laden empire. I can see it being a favor to give Osama a seven year head start from the Bush family to the Bin Laden family.

The guy does have 25-ish brothers and 20-ish sons, doesn't he? I wonder how his family is taking this news.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

Bin Laden isn't exactly popular with the rest of his family though - they make a lot of money due to how close they are to the House of Saud and profit from their financial investments in American firms.  Two groups of people not exactly on Osama's Happy Hanukah card list.