News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

OSAMA BIN LADEN CONFIRMED DEAD.

Started by Suu, May 02, 2011, 03:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

:lulz: I'm TOTALLY going to use that at the next suitable opportunity.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Lies

Yay, one terrorist is dead.

Does it make a lick of difference? You can kill the man, but the idea still lives on.

I'll be happy when we kill off all people who want to kill off people they don't agree with.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Lies

QuoteA mortal man is dead. A MORTAL MAN is dead while an IMMORTAL, ETERNAL idea lives on. Nothing will change now that a MAN is dead. A younger, stronger, and angier man will take his place. Nothing has changed...so please, don't go off and get drunk for a false victory.
- Some girl in the USA.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Jasper

I know it's not going to end the war, but people are happy about this.  Let it be. 

Lies

I know I know... sorry for being such a party pooper. I guess I'm just feeling awfully cynical today. I'll just shut up and let you guys party on. Sorry.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Lies

Also, my deepest apoligies to those who are personally affected and have lost loved ones to his atrocities, I don't mean to belittle your vendetta, and hope this gives you all some relief.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Lies on May 02, 2011, 06:24:28 AM
QuoteA mortal man is dead. A MORTAL MAN is dead while an IMMORTAL, ETERNAL idea lives on. Nothing will change now that a MAN is dead. A younger, stronger, and angier man will take his place. Nothing has changed...so please, don't go off and get drunk for a false victory.
- Some girl in the USA.
I don't see why you should let truth get in the way of an excuse to get drunk in celebration.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Vartox on May 02, 2011, 07:11:10 AM
- Some girl in the USA.
I don't see why you should let truthanything get in the way of an excuse to get drunk in celebration.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Lies

Quote from: Vartox on May 02, 2011, 07:11:10 AM
- Some girl in the USA.
I don't see why you should let truth get in the way of an excuse to get drunk in celebration.

Precisely. I for one, will crack open a brew and raise a glass to all you have been affected by this horrible man.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Lies

- Oh it exists, and how!

Cain

Ayman al-Zawahiri is not dead.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the real mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, is not dead (and indeed, his current status allows him to continue an assault on the US constitution, given the conditions he was treated to upon his capture would cause a mistrial, unless torture and permament detention were retroactively legalised).

Abu Ayman al-Hilali, the most dangerous strategist in the organisation since al-Suri, remains a virtual ghost, with not even his true nationality knowm.  No-one knows if Abu Ubeid al-Qurashi is even a real person, or some kind of group synonym, but he/they seem to have an implicit understanding of US military tactics and methods, and is an expert on Clausewitz besides.

Yes, Bin Laden is dead, but it comes too little, too late.  Bin Laden in prison would have at least been useful.  With time, and some correctly applied psychological and spiritual pressure, he may have been made to recant his position, as many terrorist leaders have done before now.  And he may have provided insights into methods and identities.  It is surprising how useful these former ideologues can be to their enemies, once removed from the limelight.

Killing him, meanwhile, achieves little.  If it had been done before 2004 or so...maybe it would have had a greater effect.  But Al-Qaeda has been in a franchise mode for a long time now.  AQIM (Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Mahgreb) have virtually no connection to Bin Laden, for example, having been born out of the Algeria conflict and the Iraqi civil war following the American invasion.  Al-Qaeda in Iraq was similarly born out of militants from Saudi Arabia and Jordan doing some border crossing, while Syria dumped its own Islamist radical political prisoners in the country.

Also, US prestige in the region remains in the gutter.  Both militarily, where the US has been bogged down by Koran-repeating mouthbreathers and orphans without shoes, and in terms of how publics there see America (as a supporter of tyrants and enemies of the people...coincidentally, Bin Laden's view).

The Middle East is crawling with terrorists and violence in volumes that were simply unconcievable 10 years ago.  America is still hated, and lots of angry young men are getting a schooling in the arts of bombing, assassination and kidnapping.  A Bin Laden can hardly make the situation any worse, and so, his removal cannot also make things any better.

This success is hollow.  It will secure re-election for a man whose actions help create the conditions in which terrorism will flourish, and nothing more.

Lies

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2011, 08:54:44 AM
Ayman al-Zawahiri is not dead.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the real mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, is not dead (and indeed, his current status allows him to continue an assault on the US constitution, given the conditions he was treated to upon his capture would cause a mistrial, unless torture and permament detention were retroactively legalised).

Abu Ayman al-Hilali, the most dangerous strategist in the organisation since al-Suri, remains a virtual ghost, with not even his true nationality knowm.  No-one knows if Abu Ubeid al-Qurashi is even a real person, or some kind of group synonym, but he/they seem to have an implicit understanding of US military tactics and methods, and is an expert on Clausewitz besides.

Yes, Bin Laden is dead, but it comes too little, too late.  Bin Laden in prison would have at least been useful.  With time, and some correctly applied psychological and spiritual pressure, he may have been made to recant his position, as many terrorist leaders have done before now.  And he may have provided insights into methods and identities.  It is surprising how useful these former ideologues can be to their enemies, once removed from the limelight.

Killing him, meanwhile, achieves little.  If it had been done before 2004 or so...maybe it would have had a greater effect.  But Al-Qaeda has been in a franchise mode for a long time now.  AQIM (Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Mahgreb) have virtually no connection to Bin Laden, for example, having been born out of the Algeria conflict and the Iraqi civil war following the American invasion.  Al-Qaeda in Iraq was similarly born out of militants from Saudi Arabia and Jordan doing some border crossing, while Syria dumped its own Islamist radical political prisoners in the country.

Also, US prestige in the region remains in the gutter.  Both militarily, where the US has been bogged down by Koran-repeating mouthbreathers and orphans without shoes, and in terms of how publics there see America (as a supporter of tyrants and enemies of the people...coincidentally, Bin Laden's view).

The Middle East is crawling with terrorists and violence in volumes that were simply unconcievable 10 years ago.  America is still hated, and lots of angry young men are getting a schooling in the arts of bombing, assassination and kidnapping.  A Bin Laden can hardly make the situation any worse, and so, his removal cannot also make things any better.

This success is hollow.  It will secure re-election for a man whose actions help create the conditions in which terrorism will flourish, and nothing more.

Cain, stop ruining peoples happiness with the horrible truthâ„¢ you killjoy asshole.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Cain

Quote from: Jenne on May 02, 2011, 05:22:00 AM
Quote from: Jenne on May 02, 2011, 05:11:07 AM
Historical day, y'all. 

...and fuck those Pakistanis.  I called this shit YEARS ago.

...NOT in a cave, in a motherfucking MANSION.  M-A-N-S-I-O-N!

...where RETIRED Pakistani MILITARY LEADERS lived.   SEVERAL OF THEM.  It was a compound with HIGH SECURITY WALLS.

:lulz:

Pakistan,

Playing America since 2001

I for one am utterly shocked.

I also seem to recall a few people, including some on this very site, decrying me for an idiot and tool of the intelligence services for daring to suggest Bin Laden was still alive and living in the North West Frontier Province.

And it's not just any military base that is near Abbottabad.  Oh no, it's the Pakistan Military Academy.  Where their officer corps are trained.  In fact, Bin Laden's compound was only a mile away from it.

US intelligence were tipped off because it was a huge compound but had no phone or internet access, and a trusted Bin Laden courier was a frequent visitor.

Dido

QuoteThe dollar rebounded from three-year lows and U.S. crude slid more than 1 percent on Monday on the back of news that a U.S.-led operation killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/02/markets-global-idUSL3E7G205020110502

The Financial Times page on the economic impact is currently down.

So you see it was not *for naught*.

Lies

Quote from: Dido on May 02, 2011, 09:14:39 AM
QuoteThe dollar rebounded from three-year lows and U.S. crude slid more than 1 percent on Monday on the back of news that a U.S.-led operation killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/02/markets-global-idUSL3E7G205020110502

The Financial Times page on the economic impact is currently down.

So you see it was not *for naught*.
Yeah, for one day. Just watch and wait.
- Oh it exists, and how!