News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

OSAMA BIN LADEN CONFIRMED DEAD.

Started by Suu, May 02, 2011, 03:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Finance reporting: a perfect example of how correlation equals causation, if you try really really hard.

Dido

Oh, come on. If the Nato had only managed to kill Muammar instead of the least important of his sons it would have been a *perfect* weekend.

Do I really need  to insert smileys here?

Cain

I know you're being sarcastic Dido.  Financial reporting really does annoy me though.  Markets give a shit about credit ratings, bonds and supply, not whether some twit with an outsized sense of grievance is dead.

Dido

Amen to that. I woke up, read the news and banged my had on the table.

(And somehow that reminded me of good old PD.com)

Anyway, the important thing is that he had redyed his beard. Blood looks so much better around a dark beard.

Cain

That's probably the least of the stupidity that is going to be coming down the line in the next few weeks.

Urgh, I feel another holiday from the news coming on...good thing I may be starting a new job and looking at doing some serious writing.  Stop me watching the TV.

Dido

Am there, am doing that. Hence my reading the news at this godless hour. Only, my serious writing is HP fanfic.

Ok, someone give this thread a CPR, please. It got hit by too much reality but that's no reason to let it die.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dido on May 02, 2011, 09:47:07 AM
Am there, am doing that. Hence my reading the news at this godless hour. Only, my serious writing is HP fanfic.

Ok, someone give this thread a CPR, please. It got hit by too much reality but that's no reason to let it die.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! ONE DOWN A BUNCH MORE TO GO!!! YEEEHAWWW!!!!!!!!

How's that?
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Bruno

And now a blast from the past of bygone days when we all played our new X-boxes, sipped Mountain Dew: Code Red, and worried about what we were ever going to do without Napster.

A time when the name of a certain theocratic group in the middle east which was reminiscent of a song about banana boats was suddenly on everyone's tongue, and the inevitable result thereof.

\
:caseykasem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYjYgVmlKsg
Formerly something else...

Suu

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 02, 2011, 05:53:25 AM
At first I thought it was interesting and I was interested in the political fallout and the details when it will come out

but now Im really happy cause suu is happy

Aw dude...thanks. It's unnecessary, but thanks.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

I almost feel like taking off to Manhattan on Wednesday morning after my classes are done and putting down 4 white roses instead of red. It's going to have to wait until September, though.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lies

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 02, 2011, 12:33:04 PM
I almost feel like taking off to Manhattan on Wednesday morning after my classes are done and putting down 4 white roses instead of red. It's going to have to wait until September, though.
Seriously, a tear just dropped reading that.

Imma raise a glass to each of your lost loved ones.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Suu

Thanks, bro.

But yeah, seriously people. Be as pessimistic and cynical as you want, but between September 11th and Thanksgiving of 2001, my life was horrible. My mom dealing with the FBI because they traced Atta's credit card to her bar, and my dad waiting on phone calls to hear if his NYPD cousins were alive, while I had to withdraw from college so I could go back and forth between New York and Florida for 3 weeks. Yeah no. Not fun.

Yeah, it's a minor personal victory for me. I know this whole thang is far from over, yo.

LMNO

Payne

Killing Osama achieves nothing concrete, and as Cain says merely (at best) will secure Obamas re-election (if enough average American voters can remember it that far).

The "victory" is very much pending reaction from the cells, hidden infrastructure and foot soldiers of international terrorism and also that of unfriendly states who had sympathy for Osama's cause, and that reaction is not going to be pretty.

However, the purely psychological relief this will provide to the bloodthirsty revengists who lost loved ones and actually suffered in the attack, like Suu and her kin, is something I can totally get behind, even if this "pro" will likely be swamped in the "cons" above.

And let's face it, one more evil, powerful and iconic bastard is gone, taking all of his "I'm more of a monkey than you are" shit with him.

~~~Payne just finished off the free bottle of JD he was drinking on Friday and is about to trim his facial hairs in celebration.

Jenne

Well said, Cain and Payne.  And Cain, I hope I wasn't one of those here who said all that to you because personally, I've been on the "he's probably still alive OR long dead and held as a prop for those REALLY running the show" side of the camp for YEARS.

Suu, glad your family is getting some relief from this.  9/11 was crazybad in so many ways, and I'm glad as you are that one more evil fucker bit the dust.