News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Fuck you, it's another Osama thread.

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, May 03, 2011, 04:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 03, 2011, 05:22:16 PM
I think I've already noted that when I started hearing the chanting of "USA! USA!", I got this sinking feeling in my stomach.

Sometimes, I hate being right.

When I hear that, I want to pull a Kipling and "order the guns and kill".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MMIX

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 03, 2011, 05:22:16 PM
I think I've already noted that when I started hearing the chanting of "USA! USA!", I got this sinking feeling in my stomach.

Sometimes, I hate being right.

I have been trying assiduously to avoid the coverage. Not actually hard but I accidentaly saw a bit on a web site yesterday. The thing which struck me forcibly was that the whoop de doop /ding dong the witch is dead crowd were almost uniformly too young to have been out of grade school when 9/11 happened. I wonder what effect this vicarious victory is going to have on their "americanness". Luckily I will be long dead by then but I should be very interested to see what that impact is longterm on American policy and pride in say, 50 yrs. For what its worth I don't anticipate it will be  a terribly good thing in the long term.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Adios

I really heard someone at CNN compare this to the Berlin Wall coming down. I switched to the comedy channel.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 03, 2011, 05:48:22 PM
I really heard someone at CNN compare this to the Berlin Wall coming down. I switched to the comedy channel.
WTF?

This is worse than I thought.

We're fucked, though. No matter what happens or who's out there or who's dead, it's going to be used as an excuse for some kind of racist bullshit.

WE TOOK THIS COUNTRY FROM THE INDIANS CUZ THEY WAS TOO LAZY TO FARM IT, WELL WE WUZ TOO BUT WE HAD SLAVES FOR THAT!!! RACISM MADE THIS CUNTRY GREAT!
                                                /
:teabagger1:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

You mean you didn't see the footage of David Hasselhoff dancing on top of the compound with a strobe-light burka? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 03, 2011, 06:27:34 PM

You mean you didn't see the footage of David Hasselhoff dancing on top of the compound with a strobe-light burka? 

I have now.  In my brain.

I hate you, RWHN.   :argh!:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Well... I'm not really sure what other scenario we would want...

CIA: DOOD we think we found OSama!

Smiler: Let's plan a strike to take him alive or kill him.

-VS-

Smiler: Meh, it would only be a symbolic victory. Let's ignore him.

Personally, I prefer the first one.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Anna Mae Bollocks

It only makes me happy because it could keep a republitard from being elected in 2012.

I know, they're working for the same interests, and probably have been since JFK was shot and whatever took over, took over, so still a symbolic victory. I just hate having the place where I live represented by some bagger turd.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Faust

This makes no difference to anything.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Cain on May 03, 2011, 03:53:38 PM
So Osama's death is a good thing because it is a symbolic victory which will....what, exactly?  Lead Americans to continuing support for the unspoken but blatantly obvious policy of jamming one's dick repeatedly into the hornet nest of Central Asian and Middle East radical politics?  Yeah, that seems sound.

Oh boo fucking hoo.  I'm an asshole for ruining the moment with my facts and reasoned conclusions.  Why cant I just STFU and enjoy the moment without actually thinking about the consequences and reality of the situation.  Right?

Let's not ignore the cache of information they found in the compound. Who knows what was in there.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: SHIBBOLEET THE ANNIHILATOR on May 03, 2011, 08:23:50 PM
So Osama's death is a good thing because it is a symbolic victory which will....what, exactly?  Lead Americans to continuing support for the unspoken but blatantly obvious policy of jamming one's dick repeatedly into the hornet nest of Central Asian and Middle East radical politics?  Yeah, that seems sound.

Oh boo fucking hoo.  I'm an asshole for ruining the moment with my facts and reasoned conclusions.  Why cant I just STFU and enjoy the moment without actually thinking about the consequences and reality of the situation.  Right?

Let's not ignore the cache of information they found in the compound. Who knows what was in there.

I'm guessing mad libs and word search puzzles....  :|

tyrannosaurus vex

Sometimes, I am amazed at the absolute commitment of people to downplay and bury every single thing that causes the gut reaction instinct to feel good about something.

Look, I get that nobody's going to be any safer because of this. I get that nothing's going to change, except more "terror alerts" and tighter restrictions on travel. And I know I'm being ignorant by giving in to the mainstream, feel-good bullshit that says HOORAY WE GOT HIM when I know it makes no real difference.

But I think that's only half the equation. It's balanced by the history of the moment, even if it's bullshit, even if it's nothing but symbolic. It's balanced by the psychological boost given to people who are weary of seeing an endless war fought for questionable goals by people we have no business trusting with the lives of the next generation. It's a morale boost, when we've been worn down by years of recession, bad news, empty promises and surprise political buttsecks.

It'll drive us to more violence and stronger nationalism in spite of our shrinking world and the growing irrelevance of nation states. It will spur more bullshit jingoism and bumper stickers, and whether it helps Obama get reelected or not, we can be assured that the next presidential term will be carried out by an Establishment puppet bent on the Status Quo (or worse).

But then, I'm not talking about implications or progress. I'm not at the moment concerned with the Big Picture, the macro-economics of revenge, the Story of Human History, or with rising above my gut instincts. I am concerned simply with the fact that the mastermind of a terrorist act that killed 3,000 people and destroyed the lives of countless others is dead.

Yeah, it's pase'. It's so mainstream, man. We hear so much about the fact that 3,000 Americans died on 9/11 that we're desensitized to the fact that it happened. Besides, it's what They want us to worry about. Fuck those 3,000 people, right? They don't deserve revenge. Those assholes had it coming. They should have stayed at home that day. The fact that the guy who planned, organized, and financed their demise is dead? Eh, who cares, it's just a political show.

Not like anybody misses those people. Not like anybody cares. Right?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Khara on May 03, 2011, 08:25:08 PM
Quote from: SHIBBOLEET THE ANNIHILATOR on May 03, 2011, 08:23:50 PM

I'm guessing mad libs and word search puzzles....  :|

I'm guessing there was valuable information, not that we'll know for sure any time soon.