News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Fuck you, it's another Osama thread.

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, May 03, 2011, 04:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on May 03, 2011, 08:25:15 PM
Sometimes, I am amazed at the absolute commitment of people to downplay and bury every single thing that causes the gut reaction instinct to feel good about something.

Actually, I was on board til I realized you called Cain a "blowhard".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, so you're saying that people whose automatic gut reaction to Bin Laden's death was apprehension, along the lines of "Shit went down, what's going to happen now", are wrong? Or that they don't exist?

Or that those of us who are wary that the energy of jubilation over his death will be too easily transmogrified into domestic terrorism in the form of attacks on Muslims in the US? Or that it will escalate a rift between American Muslims and Christians?

Yeah, I guess that if my first emotion was apprehension, I'm not really American. And HOW DARE anyone talk about it and risk dampening the joy of the people dancing in the street.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I must be a BadAmerican™ because my first thought was "Too Little, Too Late." 

tyrannosaurus vex

No.

In fact, I never mentioned Cain and in fact he was the farthest thing from my mind when I said it. It was referring to the shit that get said on TV in a similar vain. I know Cain isn't a blowhard. This will not serve to discourage anyone from assuming they know what was in my head better than I do, of course.

But my point still stands, which originally garnered a BOO YAH from the good Reverend until he found a reason to take issue with it, that people shouldn't get all intellectual about it, just because there are valid intellectual concerns, to the point of forfeiting what feeling of victory they might, however temporarily or illogically, feel in connection to this event.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

Ah.  I see.  Stop thinking, and revel in the vengance.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 03, 2011, 08:44:11 PM

What have they DONE to you, LMNO?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 03, 2011, 08:33:42 PM

Of course it's too little, too late. Everything would be too little too late, including a precise excision of every last extremist of every kind from the human gene pool. Nothing can erase what has happened, in this country or in any other country as a result of it. It's all too little, too late. It's a big festering sore and nobody's doing anything to clean it out, I got it.

All I am saying is, fuck yeah, that asshole deserved it.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: postvex™ on May 03, 2011, 08:42:53 PM
No.

In fact, I never mentioned Cain and in fact he was the farthest thing from my mind when I said it. It was referring to the shit that get said on TV in a similar vain. I know Cain isn't a blowhard. This will not serve to discourage anyone from assuming they know what was in my head better than I do, of course.

But my point still stands, which originally garnered a BOO YAH from the good Reverend until he found a reason to take issue with it, that people shouldn't get all intellectual about it, just because there are valid intellectual concerns, to the point of forfeiting what feeling of victory they might, however temporarily or illogically, feel in connection to this event.

1.  Pretty sure Cain's pretty upset about it.  Maybe you should explain that to him.

2.  I'm glad he's dead.  That's no excuse for not thinking, though.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Any victory I felt was so overshadowed by other thoughts.  I still feel this is a smoke screen, I'm just not sure what it could be screening.  I know this is not a popular opinion, but I honestly am racking my brains on why they took so long.  I have never said I'm not glad he's dead because I am. 

I'm also very bothered by the muslim bashing which we are already seeing but which will, I feel, escalate and end up being a very bad thing.  

Not to mention, as Roger has said elsewhere, we can expect an attempt at some type of major destructive event to happen within the next 90 days.  They almost have to retaliate, someone has to step to the front as a leader now that Bin Laden is dead.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: postvex™ on May 03, 2011, 08:46:17 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 03, 2011, 08:33:42 PM

Of course it's too little, too late. Everything would be too little too late, including a precise excision of every last extremist of every kind from the human gene pool. Nothing can erase what has happened, in this country or in any other country as a result of it. It's all too little, too late. It's a big festering sore and nobody's doing anything to clean it out, I got it.

All I am saying is, fuck yeah, that asshole deserved it.

I agree with this sentiment.

Killing some asshole won't change anything, except there's now one less asshole. I can enjoy that. Is Obama obviously spinning this for his own gain? Of course. Will some Americans act like ass hats, of course. Will terrorists use it as another excuse to do bad shit? Sure.

However, the US had the choice of going in to get him, or leaving him to continue whatever the hell he was doing. Out of the two options, I approve of the former.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on May 03, 2011, 08:49:34 PM
I know this is not a popular opinion, but I honestly am racking my brains on why they took so long.

Because he's one man out of 700 Bn?  They STILL haven't found DB Cooper or the Zodiac killer.

Not to mention, as Roger has said elsewhere, we can expect an attempt at some type of major destructive event to happen within the next 90 days.  They almost have to retaliate, someone has to step to the front as a leader now that Bin Laden is dead.

My guess is they'll rush it and fuck it up.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 08:45:00 PM
Ah.  I see.  Stop thinking, and revel in the vengance.

It was the first half that concerns me more.  To ignore everything except the body in the arena.  To disregard the waste of life, the desecration of liberty, and the massive debts that led us to the killing of one man.  To feel that shooting him in the head is a proper definition of "justice".  To wallow in his death which, as far as most of the discussions on this board indicate, he simply ceases to exist, no eternal hellfires or final judgements.

Damn.  I told myself I wasn't going to go there, on behalf of those personally affected by WTC.  Which is why I backed off yesterday.  

Sorry, everyone.  

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 08:52:06 PM
I know this is not a popular opinion, but I honestly am racking my brains on why they took so long.

Because he's one man out of 700 Bn?  They STILL haven't found DB Cooper or the Zodiac killer.

My guess is they'll rush it and fuck it up.

No I meant if they've known he was there for damn near a year now......

And yes, I agree, they are going to rush it and make a huge mess of the whole thing.  Which is actually a good thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 03, 2011, 08:53:00 PM
Ah.  I see.  Stop thinking, and revel in the vengance.

It was the first half that concerns me more.  To ignore everything except the body in the arena.  To disregard the waste of life, the desecration of liberty, and the massive debts that led us to the killing of one man.  To feel that shooting him in the head is a proper definition of "justice".  To wallow in his death which, as far as most of the discussions on this board indicate, he simply ceases to exist, no eternal hellfires or final judgements.

Damn.  I told myself I wasn't going to go there, on behalf of those personally affected by WTC.  Which is why I backed off yesterday.  

Sorry, everyone.  

It was the way you spelled "vengeance" that concerns me.  you've been hanging out with those MBAs too much.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 08:55:21 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 03, 2011, 08:53:00 PM

It was the first half that concerns me more.  To ignore everything except the body in the arena.  To disregard the waste of life, the desecration of liberty, and the massive debts that led us to the killing of one man.  To feel that shooting him in the head is a proper definition of "justice".  To wallow in his death which, as far as most of the discussions on this board indicate, he simply ceases to exist, no eternal hellfires or final judgements.

Damn.  I told myself I wasn't going to go there, on behalf of those personally affected by WTC.  Which is why I backed off yesterday. 

Sorry, everyone. 

It was the way you spelled "vengeance" that concerns me.  you've been hanging out with those MBAs too much.

:lol:

LMNO
-emo much?