News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Fuck you, it's another Osama thread.

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, May 03, 2011, 04:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh. I don't have a functional TV, so I (I think reasonably) assumed you were talking about the rational and cynical discussions that are happening on this board.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

If this guy was a common criminal and could have been taken alive, then yeah... shooting in the head is not justice.

However, this is a person who raised/inspired an army and declared war on a sovereign nation. Further, had he been captured alive, his followers may have done all sorts of terrible things to try to get him freed. Finally, assuming that the orders from the President clearly said 'surrender or die'... then I think it is a just and justifiable end for him.

Of course, I would have preferred to see this happen 10 years ago without the loss of blood and treasure. It didn't happen that way though.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on May 03, 2011, 08:59:33 PM
Oh. I don't have a functional TV, so I (I think reasonably) assumed you were talking about the rational and cynical discussions that are happening on this board.

Also, there's one person here who is actually educated in this field, who was in opposition to my (and Vex's) little fit of avatism, and I'd have taken it personally if I were him.  If I'm not very much mistaken, he has.

I enjoyed my moment of screeching and chest beating, and now it's back to reality.  None of what the "blowhards" said kept me from grinning in a nasty way for 24 solid hours, and I still smile a bit.

But that doesn't mean that everyone who disagreed with my vengeancegasm is a gloomy, over-thinking blowhard.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 03, 2011, 09:02:22 PM
If this guy was a common criminal and could have been taken alive, then yeah... shooting in the head is not justice.

However, this is a person who raised/inspired an army and declared war on a sovereign nation. Further, had he been captured alive, his followers may have done all sorts of terrible things to try to get him freed. Finally, assuming that the orders from the President clearly said 'surrender or die'... then I think it is a just and justifiable end for him.

Of course, I would have preferred to see this happen 10 years ago without the loss of blood and treasure. It didn't happen that way though.

I don't actually feel any need to justify it.  He was a butcher, and he got what was coming to him.

Unfortunately, the same can't and won't be said about our very own butchers.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 09:06:09 PM

I don't actually feel any need to justify it.  He was a butcher, and he got what was coming to him.

Yes, and that is yet another school of study in the field of Horrorology.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think ANYBODY argues that it's not a just end for him. NOBODY HAS EVEN VAGUELY HINTED AT THAT. That is not what this is about.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This.

How many civilians have our guys killed in the "war on terror"? I can guarantee you that it's an unacceptable number by ANY standards.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on May 03, 2011, 09:13:41 PM

I don't think ANYBODY argues that it's not a just end for him. NOBODY HAS EVEN VAGUELY HINTED AT THAT. That is not what this is about.

LMNO said that it wasn't justice. I pointed out that I felt it was justified and just (and certainly in some sense, justice).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on May 03, 2011, 09:14:38 PM

This.

How many civilians have our guys killed in the "war on terror"? I can guarantee you that it's an unacceptable number by ANY standards.

Well, the short and skinny about Osama is this:  He got tired of playing triple A ball with the likes of Hamas and the Huttarree Militia, and decided to try for the gold.  Call him a criminal, call him the leader of a foreign army, call him whatever you like.  All I can say is "Welcome to the Big Leagues, you bastard."

America may be rotten to the core, but it's still the biggest military power on Earth.  Fucking with it had one eventual outcome, and that outcome occurred, regular as clockwork.  I'd have a bit of sympathy if he had restricted his attacks to military and/or government targets, but he chose to make his little statement on a couple of buildings full of regular Joes who were just trying to put in a day at work.

So, yeah, I had a damn good feeling when he finally got what was coming to him, after 9.5 years of living like a trapped rat.  This may mean that I am not a Buddha.  I can live with that.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 09:23:00 PM

This.

Well, the short and skinny about Osama is this:  He got tired of playing triple A ball with the likes of Hamas and the Huttarree Militia, and decided to try for the gold.  Call him a criminal, call him the leader of a foreign army, call him whatever you like.  All I can say is "Welcome to the Big Leagues, you bastard."

America may be rotten to the core, but it's still the biggest military power on Earth.  Fucking with it had one eventual outcome, and that outcome occurred, regular as clockwork.  I'd have a bit of sympathy if he had restricted his attacks to military and/or government targets, but he chose to make his little statement on a couple of buildings full of regular Joes who were just trying to put in a day at work.

So, yeah, I had a damn good feeling when he finally got what was coming to him, after 9.5 years of living like a trapped rat.  This may mean that I am not a Buddha.  I can live with that.

In all honesty, the whole past ten years seems like its been Eris' game... so maybe you're an Erisian Buddah.
:D

I mean hell, this decade makes Troy look like Gulf War 1

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 03, 2011, 09:25:47 PM

This.

In all honesty, the whole past ten years seems like its been Eris' game... so maybe you're an Erisian Buddah.

Naw.  We didn't drag Zarqawi's body around Fallujah a dozen times.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 09:31:39 PM

This.

Which may be why nobody but a few freak historians will know his name in a decade.  Hector, on the other hand...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 09:31:39 PM

This.

:lulz:

No but we did accidentally a whole load of random civilians.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 03, 2011, 09:34:41 PM

Civilians always take it in the shorts, and always have.

We accidentally an entirely unrelated country, though, which ought to be worth at least a footnote...But it won't be.  This war will be remembered exactly as much as the Phillipine-American War, and for the same reasons.  It will never be taught.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 09:37:16 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 03, 2011, 09:34:41 PM

Civilians always take it in the shorts, and always have.

We accidentally an entirely unrelated country, though, which ought to be worth at least a footnote...But it won't be.  This war will be remembered exactly as much as the Phillipine-American War, and for the same reasons.  It will never be taught.
:lulz:

Troof