News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

The Road to Nowhere, part II of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 03, 2011, 05:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 03, 2011, 06:00:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 05:57:38 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on May 03, 2011, 05:56:36 PM
I don't understand. Isn't Canada doing this for the safety and the good of it's citizens?  :?

And the Perfect State™.  

Ah, the elusive Perfect State™. For me that would be lying on a blanket in the sun on a 70 degree day under the influence of a slight wine and sex buzz.

No.

The Perfect State™ is where we're all Good Germans Americans/Canadians, and we all have the right values.  This may require a period of adjustment during which some less than perfect things have to be done to lay down a good foundation of bones to build on.

They say you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs, Charley, and so it stands to reason that you can't make the Perfect State™ without breaking some people.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 06:03:49 PM
I don't understand. Isn't Canada doing this for the safety and the good of it's citizens?  :?

And the Perfect State™.  

Ah, the elusive Perfect State™. For me that would be lying on a blanket in the sun on a 70 degree day under the influence of a slight wine and sex buzz.

No.

The Perfect State™ is where we're all Good Germans Americans/Canadians, and we all have the right values.  This may require a period of adjustment during which some less than perfect things have to be done to lay down a good foundation of bones to build on.

They say you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs, Charley, and so it stands to reason that you can't make the Perfect State™ without breaking some people.

That would be the Utopian formula. I consider that to be just another fairy tale.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on May 03, 2011, 05:33:28 PM
I want to laugh, cry and SCREEEAAAAAAM all at the same time.  I guess I finally fully understand the concept of horrormirth.

It's like the ether scene in Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

You can see your country acting in this hideous fashion, you just can't do anything about it.

:mittens:

Though I must say I'm leading towards laughing because, if you excuse my cynicism here, we're pretty asking for it now.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 03, 2011, 06:06:11 PM

And the Perfect State™.  

No.

That would be the Utopian formula. I consider that to be just another fairy tale.

Well then, do WE have a train ride for YOU!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2011, 06:08:42 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on May 03, 2011, 06:06:11 PM

And the Perfect State™.  

No.

Well then, do WE have a train ride for YOU!

:lulz:

No way! That ride only offers one way tickets!