Main Menu

The Mighty Mississippi

Started by Adios, May 04, 2011, 04:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Seems to be rather pissed lately.

Suu

Doesn't this happen like...EVERY YEAR?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Not quite to this degree I don't think.

Suu

There was a LOT of snowfall this year. Severe flooding is to be expected. I'm surprised RI didn't go under again.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 04, 2011, 04:55:37 PM
There was a LOT of snowfall this year. Severe flooding is to be expected. I'm surprised RI didn't go under again.

If Mark Twain were still alive that bitch would behave herself!

Suu

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I lived in the Quad Cities, Iowa on the part of the Mississippi that flows East to West. It got bitchy every year and flooded two out of three. But from what I'm hearing now it has gone beyond being a little pissy to nearly FEMA intervention enraged. Last time we got a lot of rain there, everyone's basements flooded, all the creeks and ponds backed up, and the river washed away a five block swath of real estate closest to the city. Including a dozen bars, a few churches, and one of the oldest cemeteries.

Everytime a body washed up on the shores for the next year, they had to make sure it wasn't one of the cemetery's 'escapees'. Fun times.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Dysfunctional Cunt

The most snow the midwest has seen in over 5 years + a shit load of rain + it hasn't really warmed up completely for any length of time + a shit load of rain and storms + the northern Mississippi areas are just now thawing = GIGANTIC FLOODED CLUSTERFUCK!!!!!

I'm on high ground thank goodness but my basement still has water standing in a couple of places.  We already had our washer and dryer on stands that keep them a foot off the ground both neighbors lost theirs when the basement flooded over easter weekend.

East Coast Hustle

Why do people live between the Appalachians and the Rockies, anyway?

I think we should just turn it into one huge national park, with the part known as "Illinois" fenced off and turned into a maximum security prison a la Escape From New York.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 05, 2011, 02:15:11 AM

I think we should just turn it into one huge national park, with the part known as "Illinois" fenced off and turned into a maximum security prison a la Escape From New York.

Pure curiosity, why Illinois?  I was gonna go for one of the square states that practically nobody actually lives in, anyway, for ease of fencing...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jasper

If we fenced up Chicago, the tornados would stop.

I believe this.  That place EXPORTS windy weather.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Luna on May 05, 2011, 02:19:49 AM

Pure curiosity, why Illinois?  I was gonna go for one of the square states that practically nobody actually lives in, anyway, for ease of fencing...

Because Illinois (at least north of I-70) is the undisputed asshole of American civilization. The plan is to build the fences before anyone even knows about the whole project. We don't want those people relocating to the coasts.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Luna

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 05, 2011, 02:48:24 AM

Because Illinois (at least north of I-70) is the undisputed asshole of American civilization. The plan is to build the fences before anyone even knows about the whole project. We don't want those people relocating to the coasts.

Fair enough.   :lulz:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

I have no idea. I see mountains and my brain goes, "ABORT! ABORT! RETURN TO THE SHORE!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 05, 2011, 02:48:24 AM

Balls.  Southern Illinois is WAY worse.  Anything Effingham or South, and you're looking at all the worst parts of 1950s America, plus widespread meth use.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.