News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Curious about a concept in the BIP

Started by Wyldkat, May 13, 2011, 11:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

So...you've never been to Sweden.  :lulz:

Instead of giving everything except that answer, you could have just said that.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on May 24, 2011, 05:36:53 PM
So...you've never been to Sweden.  :lulz:

Instead of giving everything except that answer, you could have just said that.

I thought that the first line said that she had been to both Sweden and Finland several times in her life? It was a little awkwardly phrased, but I think that is what it means.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

I'm so Scandinavian, I Finnish before I start. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 24, 2011, 05:54:26 PM

My condolences to your spouse.   :wink:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Adios

Quote from: Luna on May 24, 2011, 05:55:05 PM
Quote from: R.W.H.N. on May 24, 2011, 05:54:26 PM

My condolences to your spouse.   :wink:

:spittake:

RWHN PWNED by his own pun.

AFK

Damn, should've gone with the Norwegian wood joke instead!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Wyldkat on May 24, 2011, 06:45:14 AM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 18, 2011, 04:11:56 PM
Quote from: Wyldkat on May 18, 2011, 03:04:59 AM
Quote from: Canis latrans securis on May 18, 2011, 02:59:34 AM
Quote from: Wyldkat on May 18, 2011, 02:58:05 AM
I read the book YEARS ago.  I think I was still in college and simply remembered that it was an interesting book that involved science and shamanism and that I enjoyed reading it at the time.  Now I'm going to have to find time to reread it, research the concepts and see exactly how far out there the author actually is!  That amount of time might take awhile to find...

As to who in Northern Europe still follows shamanism, some of the Lapps in Sweden still follow their old beliefs and practices.

Are you a Lapp? Are you from Sweden directly?

My mother immigrated from Finland.  She is a Swedish Finn from generations of Swedish Finns who can trace their ancestry back to Sweden.  I am 50% Swedish.

No, you're not. I'm betting you've never even BEEN to Sweden. Having Swedish ancestors doesn't make YOU Swedish, jerklips.

I have been there and Finland several times during my life thus far and as soon as the boys are old enough they are going to be going there too, to meet relatives and see the country their Mormor grew up in.  She's pushing for the trip soon, but the little Bear is still way to uncomfortable in new situations to deal with it.  I was brought up with many of the practices, foods, and customs of that area.  I even know some Swedish, believe it or not.  Not much, nothing like my cousin who immigrated to Sweden and speaks several different languages, but still more than none.  I'm trying to get my mom to teach the boys enough to be fluent.  I never said I was Swedish.  I said I was 50% Swedish, which is very true.  I am also 25% Polish and 25% German, with a little French from somewhere at some point.  I'm also 100% American.  *shrugs*  Go melting pot.

That's over 200%. While the fact that you are pagan means that you are probably morbidly obese, you're still only 100% of a person. A person that is not Swedish, regardless of whether or not some of your ancestors were Swedish.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"