News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Anyone have an easy biscuit recipe?

Started by *GrumpButt*, May 06, 2011, 03:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*GrumpButt*

Needs to be simple yet good.

I am prone to fuck up anything with more than 5 ingredients.

You guys always seem to have a shit-ton of good recipes. :D
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Luna

Quote from: *GrumpButt* on May 06, 2011, 03:27:45 AM

Don't look at me, I get the ones in the cans that go "bang" and untwist when you open 'em.  (I'm a particular fan of the honey butter ones.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

*GrumpButt*

Quote from: Luna on May 06, 2011, 03:42:49 AM

Don't look at me, I get the ones in the cans that go "bang" and untwist when you open 'em.  (I'm a particular fan of the honey butter ones.)

Yeah I have a can of those too. I hate opening them though. Going to blow off a god damn finger some day.

They usually don't go off when I un wrap em, I throw the roll at the edge of my counter to do the job.

But yeah, I need home made...

I woke up at 6am just to drive down to my local little grocery/eatery for some this morning..

They only had 3 left. I bought them, then my son to find the bag and eat them all b/f I knew it. :x

Luna

Quote from: *GrumpButt* on May 06, 2011, 03:45:41 AM
Quote from: Luna on May 06, 2011, 03:42:49 AM

Don't look at me, I get the ones in the cans that go "bang" and untwist when you open 'em.  (I'm a particular fan of the honey butter ones.)

Yeah I have a can of those too. I hate opening them though. Going to blow off a god damn finger some day.

They usually don't go off when I un wrap em, I throw the roll at the edge of my counter to do the job.

But yeah, I need home made...

I woke up at 6am just to drive down to my local little grocery/eatery for some this morning..

They only had 3 left. I bought them, then my son to find the bag and eat them all b/f I knew it. :x

Poke 'em with a spoon, that works, too.

Home made...  If I HAD to do home made, I'd grab a box of Bisquick and do what it said on the side.  But I'm sure somebody here has a better recipe than that.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

*GrumpButt*

Anna Mae Bollocks

This is the way we always did it, except people used to use Crisco *shudders*

2 cups flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 stick butter

1 cup buttermilk, cold

(ok, that's six...sorry.)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix the dry stuff, then put the butter in and mash it into the flour with a fork until you've got something kind of like soft gravel. Add the buttermilk, mix it up, put it on a floured board and roll it out, then cut it. Bake in a greased pan, usually about 10 minutes but you have to kind of watch them.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Don't go running around town looking for a cutter. Use a can to cut them, or just cut them square, or make drop biscuits if you don't feel like doig a big cleanup.

maphdet

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Anna Mae Bollocks

I didn't see teh Alton Brown link until after I posted. Redundancy is redundant, but biscuits are pretty standard.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Dysfunctional Cunt

I mix self rising flour and heavy whipping cream, roll them on a floured board. cut the with a can and bake.  They soak up butter and mmmmm

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Use lard.

That is all I have to say. Best biscuits you will ever fucking taste ever in your life.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Unless you're Muslim or Jewish, in which case SORRY YOUR RELIGION FORCES YOU TO MISS OUT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

maphdet

And Catchup-cant leave out the catchup-(ok ketchup)

I think they call 'em southern biscuits and gravy-Fucking num.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-