News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

HAPPY DRINKO DE MAYO, FUCKERS

Started by East Coast Hustle, May 05, 2011, 03:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i've had one beer and i'm ready to sleep  :lulz: I AM SO MUCH FUN THESE DAYS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've had wine and THREE cigarettes! I would have more wine but the store is like three blocks away and the bar is five and I don't feel up for either.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

1.  Last night, I found a new favorite drink, the Negroni (equal parts gin, campari, and sweet vermouth).

2.  This morning, I hate the world.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 06, 2011, 01:19:10 PM
1.  Last night, I found a new favorite drink, the Negroni (equal parts gin, campari, and sweet vermouth).

The sugar in the Campari did that. That shit doesn't fuck around.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

I had a couple of beers at band practice with Pat, but that was about it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 06, 2011, 01:19:10 PM

Christ, just add in a splash of Pimms and you'll have most of the really disgusting alcohols represented in one glass. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

I know, right?  It's like the trifecta of Old People's drinks.  Sweet, bitter, smells like juniper and fermented fruit...

But goddamn, it's awesome.

East Coast Hustle

Well, I'll have to try it. Is it better with a gin that's heavy on juniper or one where it's almost unnoticeable?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

The best bartender I know in Boston actually uses Beefeater.  I suppose when you add the vermouth and campari, any subtlety from the gin gets lost.

The "secret", if you want to call it that, is only using 1:1:1 proportions.  And you can add a twist of orange peel, if you're feeling fancy.

SCIENCE shows that it's best on a hot day, with a low to medium amount of humidity.

Jenne

*gags at LMNO's discovery, but now has to try for SCIENCE*

I had a disgusting Rose (it was cheap, and no it wasn't your usual "pink wine" sweet gaggy nasty shit but instead a drier version of what I usually like just not fruity enough, I like my Rose's fruity but off-dry) that I added splashes of cherry sake to.  I woke up fine.  Just scratchy throat from the lovely Santa Anas that only just stopped yesterday.

Cinco de Maio didn't really have an impact yesterday.  That'll be Sunday--we're doing tacos for Mother's Day instead of the usual white-people's-brunch.