News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

So, we gamers are superstitious bastards.

Started by Freeky, May 07, 2011, 06:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Banned dice that know when to drop nat 20's is a tragic thing.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 01:15:17 AM
Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on May 08, 2011, 07:37:04 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2011, 06:24:53 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 08, 2011, 06:08:59 PM
My dice have the elder sign as the high number and they're the first set that generally rolls well for me. Though I believe they are slowly making the DM go mad... It's not my fault that he gave me a d12 scythe.

Oh, you have one of those non-book DMs.

Poor Luna. :(

Luna?

I mean Rat. >_<

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 02:00:15 AM

No, what should happen to a DM that bans non-shaved dice is a tragic thing.

Fucking wussies.  Let the dice fall how they may, and fucking DEAL WITH IT.

That's the problem with DMs, these days.  They cry too fucking much.  In MY day, you took your ownage and LEARNED FROM IT.  It's what's made me the horrible fucking table Nazi that I am today.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 05:08:50 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 02:00:15 AM

No, what should happen to a DM that bans non-shaved dice is a tragic thing.

Fucking wussies.  Let the dice fall how they may, and fucking DEAL WITH IT.

That's the problem with DMs, these days.  They cry too fucking much.  In MY day, you took your ownage and LEARNED FROM IT.  It's what's made me the horrible fucking table Nazi that I am today.

My thought was that it was a sign of a DM who was too invested in "winning." 

Everybody else at the table thought it was awesome, he just got his panties in a bunch over it.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Triple Zero

All this D&D talk lately really really wants me to set up a playing group again. (Filing that for stuff to do after I get back from the USA.)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

My dice have the elder sign as the high number and they're the first set that generally rolls well for me. Though I believe they are slowly making the DM go mad... It's not my fault that he gave me a d12 scythe.

Nope in 3.5 a scythe is d12 and can also be used as a d6/d6 staff. As my character is an undead hunter (Skullclan Hunter PRC) and a cleric to the god 'Themet' (the God of Peace/Death in the world we're playing in), I use my Gods favored weapon which is also my holy symbol. Its also good for bludgeoning or slashing depending on the undead I'm dealing with.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 09, 2011, 06:36:59 PM
All this D&D talk lately really really wants me to set up a playing group again. (Filing that for stuff to do after I get back from the USA.)

Yeah, Richter's got me thinking about starting up a campaign, if I can find a free night.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 09, 2011, 06:43:16 PM

Nope in 3.5 a scythe is d12 and can also be used as a d6/d6 staff. As my character is an undead hunter (Skullclan Hunter PRC) and a cleric to the god 'Themet' (the God of Peace/Death in the world we're playing in), I use my Gods favored weapon which is also my holy symbol. Its also good for bludgeoning or slashing depending on the undead I'm dealing with.

Oh.  In Pathfinder, it's a 2d4 martial weapon that crits x4 on a 20.

And what is this bullshit about being able to use it as a staff?  It's got a great whacking iron blade on one end.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 06:45:44 PM

Yeah, Richter's got me thinking about starting up a campaign, if I can find a free night.

I'm working a homebrew campaign world (same world as Pathfinder, but off the East end of the map a bit).  I had forgotten how much fun building an entire setting is, and I think the players will like it, too.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 06:58:45 PM

And what is this bullshit about being able to use it as a staff?  It's got a great whacking iron blade on one end.

Hrm.  Flip it around (blade backward), and you've got a staff with a bigass chunk of steel tied to it for extra oomph.  It'd be slower, but more mass...  In theory, I suppose, it might work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 06:59:57 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 06:45:44 PM

I'm working a homebrew campaign world (same world as Pathfinder, but off the East end of the map a bit).  I had forgotten how much fun building an entire setting is, and I think the players will like it, too.

Looking at a whole new system...  Eyeballing the Harry Dresden RPG.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 07:00:51 PM

Hrm.  Flip it around (blade backward), and you've got a staff with a bigass chunk of steel tied to it for extra oomph.  It'd be slower, but more mass...  In theory, I suppose, it might work.

You know better than that.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 07:11:53 PM

Yeah, it'd be a stone bitch to use, the balance would be all fucked up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 09, 2011, 07:13:06 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 09, 2011, 07:11:53 PM

Yeah, it'd be a stone bitch to use, the balance would be all fucked up.

Yep.  I am going to look this shit up when I get home (I still have the 3.5 core books), because that's just stupid.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Heh, yeah I know... but it's D&D 3.5... they can't make good jump mechanics, let alone realistic weapon mechanics. :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson