News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Shit over at MW....

Started by *GrumpButt*, May 09, 2011, 12:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on May 12, 2011, 12:30:16 AM
Quote from: *GrumpButt* on May 12, 2011, 12:24:39 AM
nnnn//mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?226945-Your-First-Wow-Moment/page3

At one point, they were following me through the parking lot and advancing on me. There were lots of other people around, but they didn't care. I shouted at them to get away and next thing I knew, I was on the other side of the parking lot. I had no idea what had happened or how I even got there. I didn't black out, I wasn't struck. Something happened, but I didn't know what. And I still don't.

Am bored. This thread is full of lols :lulz:

OMG the guy with the ravens. They are almost certainly NOT ravens, but crows. Crows are highly social and often fixate on certain individuals. There's  nothing mystical about it, they're just weird birds. They LOVE THE SHIT out of my daughter.

That is full of lulz, but the ravens in my home town would stuff like that. Either they were ravens or really big fucking crows.

Adios

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on May 12, 2011, 03:34:41 AM

At one point, they were following me through the parking lot and advancing on me. There were lots of other people around, but they didn't care. I shouted at them to get away and next thing I knew, I was on the other side of the parking lot. I had no idea what had happened or how I even got there. I didn't black out, I wasn't struck. Something happened, but I didn't know what. And I still don't.

OMG the guy with the ravens. They are almost certainly NOT ravens, but crows. Crows are highly social and often fixate on certain individuals. There's  nothing mystical about it, they're just weird birds. They LOVE THE SHIT out of my daughter.

That is full of lulz, but the ravens in my home town would stuff like that. Either they were ravens or really big fucking crows.

REDNECK ALERT!

I used to shoot the shit out of those noisy bastards.

Phox

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on May 12, 2011, 03:34:41 AM

Yes, I believe ravens do that  as well. But yeah, not mystical, just fucking smart birds.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The flock thing is what tells me they're most likely crows. Adult ravens are usually solitary or paired, while crows are gregarious.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on May 12, 2011, 04:09:00 AM
The flock thing is what tells me they're most likely crows. Adult ravens are usually solitary or paired, while crows are gregarious.

Ah. Didn't know that. Though, it makes sense. I've only ever seen two ravens at any given time.

Telarus

Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 12, 2011, 04:20:43 AM

Ah. Didn't know that. Though, it makes sense. I've only ever seen two ravens at any given time.

The Pacific Northwest Ravens are an indigenous species (Corvus corax principalis), and generally larger and solitary with the largest bill out of raven subspecies.

The "transplanted" European Raven (Corvus corax corax), and the American Southwest or "Western" Raven (Corvus corax sinuatus, which is smaller than 'principalis' and has a narrower bill) are often mistaken for 'common crows' (european corvus) and American crows (as those ravens are more gregarious than 'principalis'). But, those corvids(the crows) have much more 'curved' beaks (as compared to the raven's parallel beaks) and squared off tail-feathers.

I was almost a fluffy pagan, but I still consider Raven 'a totem' considering how much I know about them for a non-scientist.

*editing in a good reference link: http://hubpages.com/hub/daily-skirmish-raven-and-northwestern-crow
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

My problem is when I hear the word "raven" I tend to think of rooks, which are really sociable when it comes to nesting.

Also, if you can teleport, why aren't you robbing bank vaults?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cain on May 12, 2011, 12:52:06 PM
My problem is when I hear the word "raven" I tend to think of rooks, which are really sociable when it comes to nesting.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on May 12, 2011, 07:31:02 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 12, 2011, 04:20:43 AM

The Pacific Northwest Ravens are an indigenous species (Corvus corax principalis), and generally larger and solitary with the largest bill out of raven subspecies.

The "transplanted" European Raven (Corvus corax corax), and the American Southwest or "Western" Raven (Corvus corax sinuatus, which is smaller than 'principalis' and has a narrower bill) are often mistaken for 'common crows' (european corvus) and American crows (as those ravens are more gregarious than 'principalis'). But, those corvids(the crows) have much more 'curved' beaks (as compared to the raven's parallel beaks) and squared off tail-feathers.

I was almost a fluffy pagan, but I still consider Raven 'a totem' considering how much I know about them for a non-scientist.

*editing in a good reference link: http://hubpages.com/hub/daily-skirmish-raven-and-northwestern-crow

Western ravens look fuck-all like crows other than being black, and they don't sound or act like crows either.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

*GrumpButt*

Duuuuude!  That would go against the REDE/THREE FOLD LAW. Or something.
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Don Coyote

Quote from: *GrumpButt* on May 12, 2011, 07:21:45 PM

Duuuuude!  That would go against the REDE/THREE FOLD LAW. Or something.

I just had a thought in regards to the 3 fold sullshit.

It was a created, and is adhered to so strongly so they can justify to themselves and their peers not using their non-existent magical powers for personal gain.

Cain

All you have to do is rob at a rate faster than karma can take your money away from you.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on May 12, 2011, 07:54:16 PM
All you have to do is rob at a rate faster than karma can take your money away from you.

:lulz:

LMNO

And that, my friends, is Cain's Theory of Exponential Larceny.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 12, 2011, 07:58:23 PM

And that, my friends, is Cain's Theory of Exponential Larceny.

I'm going to print that off and put it over my desk.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.