News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Sex.

Started by *GrumpButt*, May 11, 2011, 01:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I think a lot of is personal point of view in the end, and no so much what's "right" and "wrong". Because if you asked me 15 years ago what I thought was right, versus 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 2 years ago and today, you'll find varying answers. Experience and age changes A LOT.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lies

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 11, 2011, 02:39:24 AM
I think a lot of is personal point of view in the end, and no so much what's "right" and "wrong". Because if you asked me 15 years ago what I thought was right, versus 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 2 years ago and today, you'll find varying answers. Experience and age changes A LOT.
Some days, I make vows of celibacy. This usually goes out the window within a few hours.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Suu

On February 13th, I told myself I was staying celibate through the summer to make it a full year. (GS and I sorta gave up in August.)

On April 22th, my mind changed.  :oops:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i've never intentionally chose celibacy  :lol: but it has chosen me

*GrumpButt*

Quote from: Suu the Infallible on May 11, 2011, 03:06:45 AM
On February 13th, I told myself I was staying celibate through the summer to make it a full year. (GS and I sorta gave up in August.)

On April 22th, my mind changed.  :oops:

:lulz:
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

Lies

On April 22th, my mind changed.  :oops:
You know what impresses me? You remembered the exact dates. Who the hell keeps track of this shit so precisely?
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Suu

Quote from: Lies on May 11, 2011, 03:25:28 AM

On April 22th, my mind changed.  :oops:
You know what impresses me? You remembered the exact dates. Who the hell keeps track of this shit so precisely?

Oh this was easy.

GS and I broke up the night of Dimo's show, which was the day before Valentine's Day.
DF and I hooked up Friday night at Anime Boston.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

So long as it is safe, sane, and consensual . . . rock out with your cock (or vagina) out.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Ok, since I lol'ed too, guess I owe a serious answer.
Quote from: *GrumpButt* on May 11, 2011, 01:48:13 AM
QuoteWe're talking sexual morality, we're talking "Sex isn't special if you do it with everyone/too much". I thought it was a worthwhile thing to say, but I'm quite often wrong about that.
Slyph

OK.

So what do you think of sex with anyone, any time you want it?
That's kind of an odd question, since "any time you want it" could mean "every now and then" for one person and "24/7, dammit!" for somebody else, but on the condition that it's consensual, yeah, it's peoples' business.
Does it/can it lead to problems? Mentally?
Sex itself doesn't, it's just sex. Your brain probably doesn't care much what's happening down there except that it likes the endorphins or whatever gets released. I think people can bring a lot of head trips to it, though. So the mental stuff can come in through jealousy, unrealistic expectations, guilt, all that stuff.
What are the benefits for Monogamous sex vs. random sex? If any?

Other than disease prevention (if indeed nobody's lying about it) and maybe a sense of security, probably not much, other than culturally conditioned stuff. As a female, I'd feel funky about myself if I ran around screwing everybody and I tend to be strongly attracted to one person at a time. Guys are wired different. Not saying that's always the case, but it tends to be.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Succulent Plant

I'm for it.

Does it/can it lead to problems? Mentally?

IMO, only if its not consensual, not between mature adults, or if the participants already had mental problems.

What are the benefits for Monogamous sex vs. random sex? If any?

Safety is easier with monogamy.  Some people get off on the familiarity and so prefer monogamy.  Others want/need variety to keep things interesting. 

Jasper

For me, I don't necessarily require frequent changes in partner, but unless there is plenty of novelty and variation, I start feeling like a machine or a dumb animal.  It gets repetitive if I don't have something interesting going on.  My sex life's motto is "nothing is kinky twice".  And it's true for me.  That feeling of "this is kinky, whee!" never lasts more than once, maybe twice in a row.  And I kinda need that.

That had nothing to do with the thread, except for Aloe's comment about the need for variation.  Sorry.  :oops:

Wyldkat

Not really my thing.  I need a connection for it to work.

QuoteDoes it/can it lead to problems? Mentally?

People do become addicted to sex, so that could be a possible problem.  It could be used as an escape from issues with commitment.  Jealousy, broken relationships, hurt feelings....  All of that could be involved.  The act itself isn't the issue it's the brains that are attached to the physical bodies doing the deed.

QuoteWhat are the benefits for Monogamous sex vs. random sex? If any?

My first response to this was why was it cut into two choices?  That is no where close to the range of options that are out there.

Monogamy lends itself to familiarity, comfort, dropping of barriers, and it's there when you want it.  Random sex is noncommittal, exciting, new.  

East Coast Hustle

Sex is just sex. It should be had as often as possible, with as many people as possible. Allowing your emotions to interfere with your sex life is, IMO, depriving yourself of another awesome way to enjoy life.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypseâ„¢

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Placid Dingo

I'm out of a long term relationship, so I'm still reestablishing how the dating/sex world functions.

I have some kind of opinions but they seem pretty pointless without actually Having the real world experience to back them up.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Slyph

QuoteSo what do you think of sex with anyone, any time you want it?

Whatever does it for you.

QuoteDoes it/can it lead to problems? Mentally?

Yes, if you do it wrong. If you're a square-peg round-holling it, it'll really fuck you up. Like anything, really. Like trying to be straight.

QuoteWhat are the benefits for Monogamous sex vs. random sex? If any?
Stability, Nonsexual intimacy, Safety, Company, Societal acceptance.

I'm married-monogamous.  I've been historically monogamous. While this is the kind of relationship I go for, the kind that works for me, that doesn't mean other people might not be happier tripling off rather than paring off... I consider serial monogamy a historical accident that suits me down to the ground. I'm happy with it. But as Dishclothians I think it's on us to try and refrain from calling other people creepy or slutty, or creepy-slutty for exploring other options and other forms unless they're harming others or themselves.

The risk of STI's is not the end-all argument against other legitimate ideas about the role of fucking. Rubber up, babies.

This might be special pleading, but I think yiff-furries are legit creepy. But that's an aesthetic statement, not a moral condemnation.