News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Sex.

Started by *GrumpButt*, May 11, 2011, 01:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on May 11, 2011, 08:06:36 AM
Sex is just sex. It should be had as often as possible, with as many people as possible. Allowing your emotions to interfere with your sex life is, IMO, depriving yourself of another awesome way to enjoy life.

Pretty much exactly this.  Just be careful about it. 
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Aloe on May 11, 2011, 05:19:19 AM
Quote from: *GrumpButt* on May 11, 2011, 01:48:13 AM
Does it/can it lead to problems? Mentally?
IMO, only if its not consensual, not between mature adults, or if the participants already had mental problems.

I agree in theory but sadly mental problems are everywhere, almost everyone has them.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Succulent Plant

Quote from: Wyldkat on May 11, 2011, 06:54:22 AM

People do become addicted to sex, so that could be a possible problem.  

I'm addicted to breathing!  Its dangerous, as there are pollutants in the air which I can inhale causing Air Transmitted Diseases that can really ruin my life, so I have to be careful about where I choose to breathe, but its a natural function that makes me feel good.  Ima keep doing it. 

(No real point here people, just fucking with Wyldkat.)

Dysfunctional Cunt

Sex is just sex. It should be had as often as possible, with as many people as possible. Allowing your emotions to interfere with your sex life is, IMO, depriving yourself of another awesome way to enjoy life.

The last time we had a thread on this I said pretty much the same thing and I got called a slut!   :|

Personally, I've been celibate for a number of years.  Probably explains why I'm such a fucking bitch.

I think women (in general, men do this too) put too much emphasis on "the meaning" or "the connection" or they add in emotions.  That's all well and fine if you are in a relationship at any phase.  However, sex in itself is something that can certainly be enjoyed without any bullshit attached to it, just because it feels good.  As long as you are careful, you aren't screwing around with someone's significant other or screwing around on your own SO and the other person knows what they are doing, it's all good.

Yeah, waiting on the slut comments to start.....

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Khara on May 11, 2011, 02:29:37 PM

The last time we had a thread on this I said pretty much the same thing and I got called a slut!   :|

Personally, I've been celibate for a number of years.  Probably explains why I'm such a fucking bitch.

I think women (in general, men do this too) put too much emphasis on "the meaning" or "the connection" or they add in emotions.  That's all well and fine if you are in a relationship at any phase.  However, sex in itself is something that can certainly be enjoyed without any bullshit attached to it, just because it feels good.  As long as you are careful, you aren't screwing around with someone's significant other or screwing around on your own SO and the other person knows what they are doing, it's all good.

slut.   :D

Pickle likes to help get the ball rolling whenever possible.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Suu

You're not a slut. There's a difference.

I have no issues with casual consensual sex between two parties as long as it's safe. Is sex better when there's feelings involved? Absolutely, but they aren't a requirement. I've just found that I've been overly if not completely disappointed before with casual sex. Granted, I haven't had too many partners in my career as a sexually active adult, but out of the 3 total random hookups I've had, I've only been pleased with one.

I could, ya know, also be a picky bitch.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lies

Quote from: Khara on May 11, 2011, 02:29:37 PM

You're not a slut, you're a bitch. You know how I know this?

A slut is someone who sleeps with everyone.
A bitch is someone who sleeps with everyone except me.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Slyph

Celibacy's perfectly valid.

Slyph

So sayeth I, some tool in front of a computer, telling you what you already know. aka THE VALIDATOR

Suu

When I was in high school, I was embarrassed to still be a virgin. True story.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Between Long Island and Florida, that's not surprising.

Incidentally, since I haven't weighed in yet, here goes:

Sex (and all the physical, mental, and emotional states encompassed therein) is inherently subjective.

THE END.

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 11, 2011, 02:57:04 PM
Sex (and all the physical, mental, and emotional states encompassed therein) is inherently subjective.

THE END.
This. LMNO wins again.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 11, 2011, 02:57:04 PM
Between Long Island and Florida, that's not surprising.

Because I wasn't a Jewish slut and/or popped out a kid before I was 16?

Meh, my sister was slutty enough for all 3 of us. I got the 'NO SEX OR YOU'LL GET PREGNANT AND DIE' talk, my brother got the, 'Wear a rubber' talk, and my sister didn't pay attention to a fucking thing because she was the spoiled rotten baby of the family.

LMNO

Hey, I was ashamed I was still a virgin in sixth grade.  Peer pressure sucks.

Took (more than) a few years, but things changed eventually.

The Good Reverend Roger

Sex is fun.

Sex is more fun with people I like.

I have found that sleeping with people who genuinely hate me usually goes totally sideways.

Don't sleep with any woman that keeps a jar of human teeth under the sink.

That is all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.